Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 190908 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.79 - Foxglove and Medha required!
« Reply #990 on: October 29, 2013, 04:32:18 pm »

"This has been a very long day," Gervedder observes. It has had far too much fire in it for comfort. He can live with that, though. And at least now there was something unusual happening to pass the time as the world around him burned.

"A manicure-off, it looks like. I've seen a few in my day. They ended variably, yet always interestingly."

Observe manicure-off and heal from persistent, repeated and largely undeserved abuse.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: October 29, 2013, 10:47:59 pm »

Much better.

Wait.

Tackov looks around again.

"Hello?  Anyone there?"

He looks at what the messenger gave him.  Oh, right.

Chug that Cureall.  Loot loot loot the kobolds/area.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: October 29, 2013, 11:09:42 pm »

"Hmm!

I'll say if you best me-not likely-I'll relinquish 25 yuros AND a lock of my hair. Don't think I've not seen you casting about for my ladyparts."
She says with a glare.

"But when I win, you owe me 25 Yuros AND one of those darling curse grenades of my own design.

Also, the loser has to eat something of Bukkars...his cooking. Yaaa, my mind!

All in all, I'd prefer for a weightier bet-the love of a man perhaps, or a finely embroidered cloak-but, I think we both know you're a bit on the shabby end of things to lose, my dear."
She comments, with a venomous smile.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: October 30, 2013, 06:53:51 pm »

"...Bukkar's cooking? Has the man ever cooked anything, apart from kobolds? Whatever, you're on. Don't cry if you lose and don't rub it in my face for longer than one turn if you win... and just maybe you shouldn't call me shabby when you're wearing that sort of ridiculous smutty getup, and a purse that's straining to even pay the wager! Consider it charity if I lose in this, except that that'll never happen!"

Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: October 30, 2013, 09:45:13 pm »

Find safe resting place, and commence with the resting.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: October 30, 2013, 11:11:53 pm »

((EHEHEHAHAHAHAHA))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.80
« Reply #996 on: October 31, 2013, 04:25:11 pm »

Turn Eighty

Observe manicure-off and heal from persistent, repeated and largely undeserved abuse.

"A manicure-off, it looks like. I've seen a few in my day…"

...Gervedder sits down – at a safe distance from Medha and her future clippings, yet still on her fireproof rock amidst a sea of flame – and watches. About ten seconds later he realises he is successfully watching.

PRE-MANICURE-OFF TRASH TALK: COMMENCE!

OI! YOU TWO!
Whichever one loses ...
has to eat ...
a dish of my cooking.
EVERY BITE.

"Hmm! Sounds… reasonable.

Right. Medha. I'll say if you best me - not likely - I'll relinquish 25 yuros AND a lock of my hair. Don't think I've not seen you casting about for my ladyparts,"
she glares.

"But when I win, you owe me 25 Yuros AND one of those darling curse grenades of my own design.

Also, the loser has to eat something of Bukkar’s... his cooking. Yaaa, my mind!

All in all, I'd prefer for a weightier bet - the love of a man perhaps, or a finely embroidered cloak - but, I think we both know you're a bit on the shabby end of things to lose, my dear."

"...Bukkar's cooking? Has the man ever cooked anything, apart from kobolds? Whatever, you're on. Don't cry if you lose and don't rub it in my face for longer than one turn if you win... and just maybe you shouldn't call me shabby when you're wearing that sort of ridiculous smutty getup, and a purse that's straining to even pay the wager! Consider it charity if I lose in this, except that that'll never happen!"

Very nearby, a dirty old man rubs his knees.

EHEHEHAHAHAHAHA.

MANICURE-OFF: COMMENCE!

Initiative:
Lady Foxglove: 10
Medha Correo: 4

Lady Foxglove snips first!

Left Hand; Little Finger: Lady Foxglove: 4!

Left Hand; Little Finger: Medha Correo: 3! VICTOR: Lady Foxglove!

"Hahaha, pitiful wench! First blood to me!"

Left Hand; Third Finger: Lady Foxglove: 5!

Left Hand; Third Finger: Medha Correo: 1! VICTOR: Lady Foxglove! AIEEEEEEEEEEE!

"Ehehehehe! Literally! You're not meant to cut all the way to the knuckle, half wit!!"

Left Hand; Middle Finger: Lady Foxglove: 4!

Left Hand; Middle Finger: Medha Correo: 1! VICTOR: Lady Foxglove!

Left Hand; First Finger: Lady Foxglove: 1! AIEEEEEEEEEEE!

Left Hand; First Finger: Medha Correo: 5! VICTOR: Medha Correo!

"Ha!"

Left Hand; Thumb: Lady Foxglove: 6! AIEEEEEEEEEEE!

Left Hand; Thumb: Medha Correo: 2! VICTOR: Lady Foxglove!

ROUND TWO: RIGHT HAND! Lady Foxglove leads four fingers to one!

Right Hand; Little Finger: Lady Foxglove: 4!

Right Hand; Little Finger: Medha Correo: 1! VICTOR: Lady Foxglove! AIEEEEEEEEEEE!

"Noooooooo!"

Right Hand; Third Finger: Lady Foxglove: 6! AIEEEEEEEEEEE!

Right Hand; Third Finger: Medha Correo: 5! VICTOR: Lady Foxglove!

"Not Bukkar's cooking!"

Right Hand; Middle Finger: Lady Foxglove: 3!

"Ehehehe yes, Bukkar's cooki-nooooooo!"

Right Hand; Middle Finger: Medha Correo: 6! VICTOR: Medha Correo! AIEEEEEEEEEEE!

"Aieeeeeeeeee!!"

Right Hand; First Finger: Lady Foxglove: 2!

Right Hand; First Finger: Medha Correo: 5! VICTOR: Medha Correo!

Right Hand; Thumb: Lady Foxglove: 6! AIEEEEEEEEEEE!

Right Hand; Thumb: Medha Correo: 6! TIE! AIEEEEEEEEEEE!

"Oh good gods, I'm covered in blood."

"I'd... I'd call you an incompetent fool, but I appear to be rather drenched myself. Let's... let's say it was the air turbulence, and the effect of the heat... wait... who was keeping score?"

Very nearby, a dirty Bukkar rubs his knees.

EHEHEHAHAHAHAHAHEUHEUHA! We... WE HAVE A WINNER! LADY FOXGLOVE WINS... SIX FINGERS TO THREE! MEDHA... YOU MUST EAT... BUKKAR SOUP!

"Eww."

Wound Acquired: Medha Correo: Bleeding Hands!

Wound Acquired: Lady Foxglove: Bleeding Hands!

Chug that Cureall.  Loot loot loot the kobolds/area.

"Hello?  Anyone there?"

Loss. Anger. Denial. The ability to go more than ten minutes without spuming your guts out all over your own shoes. They’re all part of the grieving process, someone somewhere said, and Tackov’s about to express them all.

He downs his tasty potion in one. It’s so tasty he’s about to retch, and bring it back up, but, somehow, miraculously, he doesn’t. He manages to control himself.

He stands there for a few minutes, unaware of the excitement on the surface, entirely naked and entirely unvomiting. It’s like a night spent in the countryside after years living in the city, except the noise is his vomit and the stars are his naked... wizardbits. His clean naked wizardbits.

Shortly after he comes to his more worldly and less philosophical reflective senses, and starts to rummage through the burnt remains of the kobolds’ room. He finds a saucepan and a small bag of coins. He sits down to count them, and begins to feel a pang of sadness.

Find safe resting place, and commence with the resting.

Meanwhile, elsewhere, there's a sudden bump... Oh no. Not elsewhere, in fact...

...”Oh! Hello Tackov! I just... I was just looking for somewhere out of the way to sit, and I found this hole, and I... sorry... was it your hole? I... just sort of fell in it. You look a little upset. And naked. Wait, what's that scratching noise at the door?”

Tackov looks up from his nostalgic reverie. There is indeed a kind of scratching noise coming from behind the door of the kobold dormitory.

Whiz ignores it, lies down on the charcoaled remains of a kobold bunk, and starts to doze off.

Spoiler: GM’s notes (click to show/hide)
Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medha Correo, Errol (click to show/hide)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.80
« Reply #997 on: October 31, 2013, 04:49:03 pm »

"...let us never speak of this again."

Bundle up the wager, hold it up into the air so that Foxglove can swoop down and claim it... hell, throw in an extra bandage for the poor old Foxglove... then bandage up own bleeding fingers.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: October 31, 2013, 05:08:05 pm »

Drift off into deep REM sleep, messenger-style. Unfurl bedroll beneath me.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: October 31, 2013, 05:58:11 pm »

Excellent.

Mix Bukkar stew from dragon bits and various randomly gathered ingredients. Do this in secret.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: October 31, 2013, 09:41:46 pm »

"Blow this for a lark.  Whiz, wake up, we're getting out of here!"

Grab Whiz, get under the hole, and fire off Airfist!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: October 31, 2013, 11:36:17 pm »

"Whu...?"

Cooperate with Tackov limply.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: November 01, 2013, 12:56:09 am »

"...let us never speak of this again."

Bundle up the wager, hold it up into the air so that Foxglove can swoop down and claim it... hell, throw in an extra bandage for the poor old Foxglove... then bandage up own bleeding fingers.

"There's no need for me to gloat if I already know I'm the best." Lady Foxglove says-in her own mind, one supposes this is humility.

*smile*

Action: Swoop down and claim my rewards. Bandage my poor fingers.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.81
« Reply #1003 on: November 07, 2013, 03:22:00 pm »

Turn Eighty One

Action: Swoop down and claim my rewards. Bandage my poor fingers.

"...let us never speak of this again," groans Medha, as she stuffs a live eel into a makeshift grenade and throws it up for Lady Foxglove to swoop down upon like some kind of sharply dressed squid-borne eagle swooping on a lonely lamb.

"And here, I won't begrudge you one of my bandages either," she adds, "Although I should, cos I'm running low..."

After watching her vanquisher flail about in the air covering her hands and arms in the offered bandage – ...managing, but not very stylishly, to cover her hideous nail injuries – Medha fixes herself up, ...with considerably more expertise, and gets ready to face the worst part.

Bukkar's soup.

Item Acquired: Lady Foxglove: Curse Grenade of the Slimy Eel

Mix Bukkar stew from dragon bits and various randomly gathered ingredients. Do this in secret.

Bukkar had mixed up his concoction in a passing saucepan whilst Medha put her curse grenade together, which is possibly a blessing.

She hasn't seen what's in it.

She hasn't seen the left over bits of dragon gut, or the squished piece of kobold, or the gravel, or the charcoaled carnivorous plants, or the lumps of toe cheese he managed to specially prepare at the last minute, or – wait – is that a barrel-aged lump of Bukkar's own vomit from several days ago? Yes, yes it is.

It is, Bukkar would proudly say, ...a rather fine soup.

If you like that kind of thing.

Having already let down the good name of curse crafters in the field of manicury, Medha's not about to do the same in the field of drinking repulsive soup – an ancient and noble art.

She chugs it down in one, and outdoes herself by resisting the incredibly strong urge to produce a symphony of retching.

Her face can't entirely hide her distress, however.

She looks up, and can't help feeling particularly pleased to see Bukkar.

"What a... what a lovely soup, Bukkar. Thank you."

Drift off into deep REM sleep, messenger-style. Unfurl bedroll beneath me.

Nearby, Gervedder the messenger is tired. He rolls his bedroll out on Medha's safety-rock, and promptly drops off to sleep.

Grab Whiz, get under the hole, and fire off Airfist!

Cooperate with Tackov limply.

Just then, out of a nearby hole, a non-naked wizard holding desperately onto a very-much-naked wizard flies several score feet into the sky, immediately preceded by an enormous and gratuitous bang and immediately followed by a rather shrill cry of panic.

”Helllllllllp!”

”Crap.”

They hang there for what seems to be a second, almost as if working out what to do next now that they're suspended a rather painful distance above a mostly burning mountainside, almost as if also hoping that they don't fall directly back down, thereby ending up exactly where they came from, just with extra bruising.

...There's a sudden and fortuitous gust of wind, and they move slightly off course as they fall back down.

...Nearby, Gervedder the messenger is really rather rudely awakened.

From back down the hole, there's a definite sound of a door being broken in, and a cacophony of high-pitched yippering, or possibly yappering.

Gervedder rubs his eyes and shakes the two wizards off him.

”Hmm. We were looking for kobolds, weren't we?”

Spoiler: GM’s notes (click to show/hide)
Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medha Correo, Errol (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.81
« Reply #1004 on: November 07, 2013, 03:29:26 pm »

"So uh.  Now what?"

He is holding his saucepan in the traditional "naked person" manner.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 118