Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 190977 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.70
« Reply #900 on: September 25, 2013, 08:14:46 am »

((I've corrected the spelling, but still expect my pole-dancing to be cursed for some considerable time.))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: September 25, 2013, 08:18:23 am »

((I've corrected the spelling, but still expect my pole-dancing to be cursed for some considerable time.))

((How are you going to make a living now?!))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: September 25, 2013, 01:13:07 pm »

Towards the miner's camp! Get something burning and a flask of alcohol, perhaps some bauxite too, and lie in wait. Somewhere behind the dragons and behind cover.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 01:17:38 pm by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: September 25, 2013, 01:30:15 pm »

Roñardo! HEAVE!

Activate Rage Flight and have Roñardo hurl me towards the dragons a la Olympic hurling. Flap my arms in order to gain additional momentum. Lightning punch the dragon I impact. If successful, shout out 'MASSIVE DAMAGE'.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: September 25, 2013, 10:44:22 pm »

((Hey, will we be camping after defeating the dragons, or will there be more combat after this?))

"Damn serfs can't run in a feckin' straight line."

Activate Shield I ability, and also ride/tame one of the dragons while hiding safely behind my magical shield.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: September 27, 2013, 03:21:35 am »

Sorry for the delay everyone, it might be another few more days before I get time :(

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: September 27, 2013, 03:30:12 am »

Ah, it's all right, GM! I'm just going to enjoy my combo if it works. I can wait.
Oi shaddap you blokes I'm being nice to the GM so I can pull off awesome stunts
Sig! Onol

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.71
« Reply #907 on: September 28, 2013, 03:45:40 pm »

Turn Seventy One

Activate Shield I ability, and also ride/tame one of the dragons while hiding safely behind my magical shield.

"Damn serfs can't run in a feckin' straight line," cries Whiz, "I know, I’ll get meself a feckin’ dragon!"

Bellowing a mighty challenge at the nearest dragon, Whiz activates his magical shield, climbs over the prone body of his serf, and charges with his own legs towards the evil lizard.

But he’s as competent at running as his serf is, and he trips over another nearby rock and flings himself at the feet of the waddling death-wyrm! The dragon stares at him, licks his lips, and with surprising speed sits on the poor wizard’s head.

Before Whiz can even roll out of the way everything goes dark, and there’s more than one sickening crunch.

Whiz has quite a severe headache all of a sudden.

Wound Acquired: Whiz: Broken Head!

Wound Acquired: Whiz: Broken Chest!

Activate Rage Flight and have Roñardo hurl me towards the dragons a la Olympic hurling. Flap my arms in order to gain additional momentum. Lightning punch the dragon I impact. If successful, shout out 'MASSIVE DAMAGE'.

Seeing his occasionally useful companion flattened by a fearsome dragon jolts Bukkar Crangrom into action.

Decisive action.

Roñardo! he shouts.

”Si, señor?” comes the reply.

Roñardo, HEAVE! HEAVE LIKE A… LIKE AN OLYMPIC HEAVER!

”Si, señor! Muchas heavas!”

Roñardo, fortunately, is a doughty Mexican peasant trained in the art of semi-olympic warheaving. He spins. He twirls. He grunts. He releases with an enormous howl of shattering peasantness!

Bukkar and his barrel fly through the air unerringly towards the dragon that isn’t sitting on Whiz’s face!

As the barrel gains momentum, the lid pops off, barely slowing its gathering speed, and out of the top of the barrel shoots forth a gleaming fist.

A fist of righteousness!

A fist of lightning!

A fist of filth!

Fist first, Bukkar and his barrel fly straight into the dragon’s head. A burst of lightning appears out of Bukkar’s fingers of death, and the whole – gleaming Bukkar, gleaming barrel and gleaming vomit – smash through the dragon’s head, shattering the brain and severing the skull!

Bits of dragon face and head shoot out in every direction, and the dragon topples over, as dead as a dead dragon can be!

As the barrel shoots off over the burning camp and into the distance, a tremendous booming voice can be heard.

MASSIVE DAMAGE!

Towards the miner's camp! Get something burning and a flask of alcohol, perhaps some bauxite too, and lie in wait. Somewhere behind the dragons and behind cover.

...Meanwhile, not so very far away...

”Holy crap!” cries Medha, ruining the tiny tiny amount of stealth charging straight into the miners' camp on a ten foot tall bone spider had left her by squealing in a horribly high-pitched voice, ”Holy crap, he's just right there! In front of me!”

She manages to find a flask of alcohol from somewhere about her person just in time for the dragon sitting on Whiz to turn towards her and her mount and open its great big fiery mouth.

She totally drops the flask.

...Miraculously diving to one side at the last millisecond, both Medha and her spider avoid the biggest blast of fire – a blast that Medha is sure would have burnt her poor spider to a crisp – but as she's about to get to her feet and taunt the useless lizard she suddenly feels a little lightheaded.

She looks down, and sees that her precious mangled ribcage has been burnt clean away.

There appears to be a large quantity of blood going in many directions that, although not a doctor, she is sure it shouldn't be going in.

”Eww. Is that... is that my heart? It's pretty gross...”

Medha faints a bit, and her spider looks sad.

Wound Acquired: Medha: Severed Ribcage!

OVERDRIVE MOVE ENTERED: MEDHA CORREO: 1HP

Action: Fly over, and around-sneak into the woods with my OP ninja stealth skills, and get behind the biggest looking dragon. Fire a crossbow bolt into it's unarmored rear end!

...Not far outside the miners' camp, Lady Foxglove decides to show Medha how to stealth with style and success, and, horrified by Medha's atrociously painful looking fate, nearly fails.

But Ravena's blessing is upon her!

She calls upon her ridiculous ninja stealth skills and practically makes her flying warsquid vanish behind several blades of grass, floats past a burning hut, and shoots her crossbow right up the Mehda-burning fiend's arse!

...Amazingly, the bolt shoots right through the dragon, travelling through its entire body and blasting out the other end, carrying the dragon's tiny brain with it.

The dragon keels over, as dead as its friend.

It's not much comfort to Whiz though, who is still stuck underneath.

OVERDRIVE MOVE EXITED: MEDHA CORREO: SAVED ONCE AGAIN

Run toward Whiz and Bukkar until I am in comfortable crossbow aiming range of the dragons. Examine draconic anatomy from a distance. How large are they? How many limbs? How long are the tails? How powerful are the wings?

Follow the bouncing barrel to the fight.  Don't get in melee range, because that would be silly.

Just then Gervedder and Tackov stroll up. They keep a safe distance, because you never can tell with dragons, and examine the lizardy corpses. Gervedder deduces that they are both about the size of a large – nay, overweight – cow, that they have four limbs each, with tails about the size of an average human, and with wings that seem really quite ineffective. Lifeless, even.

Spoiler: GM’s notes (click to show/hide)
Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medha Correo, Errol (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.71
« Reply #908 on: September 28, 2013, 04:02:48 pm »

"That certainly went quite swimmingly aside from all the horrid and possibly lethal injuries. I should probably make myself useful somehow."

Concentrate on unbreaking Whiz's important bits if this is possible. Then wonder if a ribcage counts as a severed limb in this crazy world we currently inhabit. If so, reattach Medha's ribcage with available supplies.

"Would somebody mind gathering as many dragon teeth, scales and blood samples as you can get? I believe those might be valuable in certain circles. Try to find whatever they use to breathe fire as well. And somebody help me with Whiz, if you don't mind."

Ask this as well.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: September 28, 2013, 04:07:55 pm »

The barrel clanks about, and a voice is heard within shouting in joy. Then a hand pops out of the barrel and begins gathering up dragon bits.

Gather up dragon bits, regret nonexistence of slo-mo replay.
Sig! Onol

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: September 28, 2013, 04:29:18 pm »

((Holy shit, those were some bad rolls on my part.))

Use a Gee Whiz, use Red Carpet to create a carpet that spews out healing potions, and drink one of my Minor Health Potions.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: September 28, 2013, 05:43:05 pm »

hey guys

hey

could you please save some dragon blood for me just in case we encounter another dragon

don't mind me i just got really unlucky heh

god fucking damnit i just wanted to help

also if someone wants to sell off the dragon alchemical stuff you better send me to do it so you don't get ripped off and shit

Go ahead and try to help ribcage fixing up attempts because there's fashionable and then there's overdoing it.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: September 28, 2013, 08:57:27 pm »

Blimey!

Help with healing
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: September 28, 2013, 09:01:16 pm »

((Well that was incredibly anticlimactic. Sure, Medha got almost killed and Whiz got headcrunched, but Foxglove ass-assinated one dragon via OP ninja skills and Bukkar executed a move straight out of DBZ, only with more barrels, vomit, and Mexican peasants.))
Sig! Onol

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: September 29, 2013, 02:29:04 am »

"Pff, those were weak little Dragons! Totally anti-climactic!" Lady Foxglove said, hovering in victory loops above the corpses of shattered draconic and shattered human.

She had wondered what would have happened should she have used the lance...but, that might have been more symbolic than anyone would have wanted...

She hovered over Medha and glances at her burnt chest sans breasts.

"I suppose you were never really attached to those anyway, right?

Ohohoho!

Also, that's two times I've saved you. Really darling."

Then she landed, helping Gervedder who was attempting to lift the Dragon off of whiz with his puny pitiful muscles.

"Whiz! You did the very thing I ordered you not to do!" She berated, hauling heavy Dragon ass off of spindly whizzard body.

Action: Help Gervedder help Whiz get unsat upon, and assist in medicaling

« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 06:10:46 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 118