Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 191001 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.67
« Reply #855 on: September 18, 2013, 02:28:12 pm »

"I'm sure there's no more than a few hundred kobolds!"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: September 18, 2013, 02:29:55 pm »

Still, we should go on a few more minor quests before we proceed on the kobold assault. Maybe kill a certain bandit~
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: September 18, 2013, 02:31:09 pm »

"I'm sure there's no more than a few hundred kobolds!"

"Truth be told, we have no idea what we will find. Thus, a frontal assault is rendered even more unwise. If the bandit Bukkar seeks is indeed in these hills, he may have some insights we can extract before we possibly do the same with his head. Or, if not him, then at least some other brigand fleeing the law - they would have to know something about their neighbors at the very least, if only to avoid them more effectively."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: September 18, 2013, 03:11:58 pm »

"Where exactly is this bandit you keep harping on about?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: September 18, 2013, 03:17:24 pm »

"I believe he said it was a terrifying bandit 'of the mountains'. Which really isn't that specific.

Then again, he is named Gorgeous Richmond, which is an amazing name like my own-truly, vainglorious. Unless that's all ironic and he's terribly ugly-bandits enjoy lowbrow humor as such...either way, I could probably charm his head right off his shoulders. Ohohoho!"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: September 18, 2013, 03:49:38 pm »

"So? Won't help much. Your average bandit's not a civilized man. If he sees something he likes..." Medha makes groping motions with her bony hands while grinning creepily, enjoying the imagined situation a little too much. "...he'll just take it. Without asking. And oooh is that some Serpent's Benediction over there? You'll have to excuse me I'll be right back!"

Herbalize! As much as I can carry, with proper care.

Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: September 18, 2013, 04:09:39 pm »

Lady Foxglove tapped her scabbard.

"That's why I have a sword dear-for killing barbarians. I can be quite uncivilized myself, if need be.

...Serpents Benediction, you say? It makes a lovely bath salt..."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: September 18, 2013, 06:04:24 pm »

Yes yes very uncivilized man. Rough rowdy bastard can we go kill him pleeeeeeeeeeeease?

Bukkar attempts to puppy dog eyes the group through the barrel.
He fails.
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: September 19, 2013, 05:08:44 am »

"Even if we do not find any bandits, we need to locate local residents of some sort to gather intelligence. What those residents might be, it is difficult to say. I am not very familiar with the intelligent fauna of the area."

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: September 19, 2013, 10:13:57 am »

...Serpents Benediction, you say? It makes a lovely bath salt..."

"I take it you had an house alchemist? Preparing it that way takes a great amount of skill, and it'd be all too easy to accidentially put in three times the usual dose and add a little reagent - easy enough if some spiteful ex is paying you for it - and you're drowning in your own bathtub before you know it." Suddenly, Medha sounds rather professional... for Medha.

"Hahaha, I guess that whatever I do with these plants, you wouldn't touch it with that ten-foot pole of yours."

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: September 19, 2013, 07:56:34 pm »

"I can get us to that bandit immediately, if you want me too."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: September 19, 2013, 07:57:28 pm »

YES

Bukjar begins hopping about in his barrel.
Sig! Onol

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: September 20, 2013, 06:33:30 am »

"How so?"

"I take it you had an house alchemist? Preparing it that way takes a great amount of skill, and it'd be all too easy to accidentially put in three times the usual dose and add a little reagent - easy enough if some spiteful ex is paying you for it - and you're drowning in your own bathtub before you know it." Suddenly, Medha sounds rather professional... for Medha.

Lady Foxgloves laughs-perhaps, genuinely.

"That would make sense. It was actually a gift from a Demon prince who I was dating at the time. He liked to send me things that could be considered lethal-poison wine, dangerous animals, explosive rune letters, hell portal puzzle boxes...and apparently potentially toxic bath salts. In his culture, affection is shown through the testing of ones cunning and ability to survive-the more deadly the gifts became, and that I both accepted and managed to survive them, meant he became quite fond of me...I sort of miss him, though I doubt he's missing me. Plenty of Lady Demons down there to pass the time..."

She thinks of something, turning to Medha.

"It was a special time to me, though. I look back upon it fondly. Have you ever made the mistake of falling in love, Medha?" She asks, out of perhaps morbid curiosity.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: September 20, 2013, 09:05:00 am »

Lady Foxgloves laughs-perhaps, genuinely.

"That would make sense. It was actually a gift from a Demon prince who I was dating at the time. He liked to send me things that could be considered lethal-poison wine, dangerous animals, explosive rune letters, hell portal puzzle boxes...and apparently potentially toxic bath salts. In his culture, affection is shown through the testing of ones cunning and ability to survive-the more deadly the gifts became, and that I both accepted and managed to survive them, meant he became quite fond of me...I sort of miss him, though I doubt he's missing me. Plenty of Lady Demons down there to pass the time..."

She thinks of something, turning to Medha.

"It was a special time to me, though. I look back upon it fondly. Have you ever made the mistake of falling in love, Medha?" She asks, out of perhaps morbid curiosity.

"Hah, sounds like a pretty interesting man. Er, demon. That sense of humor is right up my alley. You really should... er, what. Wh-what is THAT question about?"

"Well, fine! If you really must know - when I was a kid, I had a hamster. He was called Heet and the nicest little fuzzball there ever was. That was the only love I ever had in my life."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.68
« Reply #869 on: September 20, 2013, 09:06:38 am »

Turn Sixty Eight

Herbalize! As much as I can carry, with proper care.

As the sun begins to draw closer to the western horizon, the group discuss – a discussion that is long, fruitful, and-

"-oooh is that some Serpent's Benediction over there? You'll have to excuse me I'll be right back!"

Medha herbalises in the undergrowth for a few minutes, before stomping back to her waiting colleagues.

"Well, it was a Serpent's Benediction. Rather odd to only find one at a time. Pff."

Consult herbalist's manual for cure for the Vomiting. And particularly rare herbs characteristic of the area. Follow along in any case.

As she returns, Gervedder, profiting from the break to stick his nose into his new herbalist manual, looks up.

”Hmm… this book is… long. And I do not entirely understand the indexing system, which I’m not entirely sure is static. Perhaps some cruel trick to be played on apprentice herbalists… Yet! I think I could, forsooth, concoct a simple cure for yon vomiting – yon foul, vile, hideous, atrocious vom-“

I quite like it!

”-iting.  It seems one needs the leaves and roots of duckcreeper, a type of ivy with golden-green leaves, delicate branches, and golden roots, crushed and mixed with the dried flowers of ragbuttercup, a plant with yellow flowers and mangy brown leaves that smell of rancid milk. This can be mixed with any fluid and a cupful gulped down in one, it says. Interesting. Oh, and it goes on: one final bout of frenzied heaving is guaranteed to purge The Vomiting from the vict- er patient for good. Excellent. Can’t find anything in here about rare herbs from round here though, hmm. Bother.“

My action is to ride my Squid up high and keep an eye out for kobold looking camps, or places of interest.

Whilst Gervedder and Medha herbalise to varying degrees, Lady Foxglove gets higher and higher, and is suddenly greeted by a smoky vision.

Straight ahead is Mount Kuriel. It’s about half a dozen miles to where a trail seems to meet its base, which looks like it is a large and open trading entrance.

To the left, in a clearing around half a mile away down the trail and half a mile left off it, is a small camp – more minery than koboldy. Even though the adventurers haven’t visited it yet, it appears to be a blazing inferno. It is hard to tell exactly what is going on from up here, but there are several figures clearly visibly rushing around in a panic.

”Crikey."

Spoiler: GM’s notes (click to show/hide)
Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medha Correo, Errol (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 10:10:22 am by lawastooshort »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 118