Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 191014 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.66
« Reply #840 on: September 17, 2013, 03:58:51 pm »

Why don't we rest for a day? I can go recruit some meat shields, everyone can sleep again, pick up squid food, all that.

"That's certainly something we can do, yes. I only hope we do not get distracted by easily flammable objects once again. This time, we should stay in the same place so that it is easier to regroup."

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: September 17, 2013, 04:33:17 pm »

Medha barely clings to her skull spider, but still finds enough vitriol to retort: "Well, of course we could move on, but then I'd be a zombie. A sleep deprived, useless zombie with bad hygiene. No, that's not what I usually am, thank you very much.

Also, I'll front the food bill IF IT STAYS REASONABLE so shut up and get your asses into the inn. Not in the mood for any objections."

Stay! Get a good night's sleep!
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: September 17, 2013, 04:36:56 pm »

Stay! Recruit meatshield peasants from local pub with promises of gold and stuff from quests! Sleep!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: September 17, 2013, 09:28:46 pm »

Tackov shrugs.  "I can't argue with free food."

Vote to stay a night.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: September 18, 2013, 12:17:49 am »

"Very well. A reasonable amount of free food does sound appealing."

Make sure everybody actually gets to the inn and doesn't get lost or unfortunately distracted on the way.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: September 18, 2013, 12:41:56 am »

Lady Foxglove nodded. She was already fairly rested, but a few more hours couldn't hurt...

Action: Nighty night! Spend some hours agility training on my new pole in my room, before I'm tired enough to go to sleep, tee hee.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 12:44:58 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.67
« Reply #846 on: September 18, 2013, 10:59:28 am »

Turn Sixty Seven

Hooking their strange collection of mounts to a pole or two outside the best looking inn in the stockaded village of Wretched, the six adventurers push through the inn doors, whereupon the music stops and many looks are directed towards them.

Momentarily the music starts again. Bukkar is dragged forward and leans into his speaking hole at a mass of peasants.

I offer you gold and stuff from quests!

”Don’t want any gold or stuff.”

Oh. Oh well, and this towards the bar, Nineteen pints of your finest strong and foul smelling ale, please!

"Bukkar! I said reasonable!"

That’s VERY reasonable, lassy! Crikey. Don’t listen to her, barman. Fill’em up and keep’em coming! Oh yeah.

…   …   …   …   …   …

The next morning, after an entirely uneventful night’s sleep, the five less hung over travellers walk downstairs together, breakfast, walk outside, and find Bukkar’s barrel in a nearby gutter.

Tackov gives it a gentle kick, and is answered by a gentle groan. His pulling serf is roused from his grateful slumber, he stuffs a few slices of bacon through the barrel’s larger airhole, and the party sets off: eastwards and mountain-bound.

”So, Foxglove, there were several hours’ worth of… knocking and bouncing noises coming from your room last night?”

"Now there’s a surprise…"

"Aha! So quick to be judgemental, my young apprentice. I was merely performing my daily acrobatics training… ‘tis a form of worship to the Lady Ravena, don’t you know… She has granted me this pole, and I intend to… be pleased about it."

Able to profit from her reasonably pleasant room, a good night’s sleep, and at least two hours to prepare herself, Lady Foxglove is looking extremely presentable this morning.

The small column moves out, and they begin their march under the shadow of the mountains of Durial.

They pass through the last of the plain; by mid-morning they are travelling through forest and beginning to gain, slowly, in altitude. They halt for something to eat not long after the midday sun rolls around the southern end of the mountains and begins to warm them, few words are exchanged and within an hour they have passed the first of several miners’ camps. The trail deep into the mountains seems simple and direct enough, and the highest peak of the range, Mount Kuriel, seems to lie right before them, straight and unavoidable. They could, it seems, probably reach it by nightfall.

The sun begins to warm their backs, and the day’s long journey begins to tell in the assembled legs and buttocks.

Around them the forest grows sparser yet, somehow, darker, but the well-travelled nature of their path seems to dispel any sense of foreboding that the darkness of the trees could bring about.

It is also, and will still be for a few hours yet, a lovely day.

Spoiler: GM’s notes (click to show/hide)
Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medha Correo, Errol (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.67
« Reply #847 on: September 18, 2013, 11:26:31 am »

"So, do we prioritize the kobold den or do we search for enemies to bolster our resolve and resources before attempting such a thing?"

Consult herbalist's manual for cure for the Vomiting. And particularly rare herbs characteristic of the area. Follow along in any case.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 02:02:47 pm by Harry Baldman »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: September 18, 2013, 11:31:47 am »

((
eastwards and mountain-bound...

Traveling montage!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHZJej98_T0 ))

"...We've got a long way to go, and a short time to get there." Lady Foxglove says to Gervedder, adjusting her hat and burbling along above the party. "So, I say let's not get distracted by sub-quests and random encounters. Any bandit lord or smoky breathed Dragon worth his salt would take the initiative and attack us himself, anyway. So, we won't have to go out looking for them. Not that I'm against some pest control. Maybe when we make camp tonight, we'll evict something evil for kicks...we can't risk too many injuries before we find our goal, though. That being said, I'm going to take a small flight soon and maybe I'll see something useful.

Personally, I do want to attack the Kobold camp sometime after dawn-those little buggers won't be nearly so bold in the daylight. "

Action: I vote to time our arrival at mount kuriel sometime around morning-not sure of exact time, but would camp in a protected area if needed. Would not prefer to spend the night up on the mountain...

My action is to ride my Squid up high and keep an eye out for kobold looking camps, or places of interest.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: September 18, 2013, 02:01:19 pm »

((Right, I've added links to the subquests and plot stuff in the 2nd OP - if anyone wants anything referenced there just say. Also I think I will cut the lore posts down to just being links to where the original lore post was, it's easier to manage :) ))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: September 18, 2013, 02:07:40 pm »

"...We've got a long way to go, and a short time to get there." Lady Foxglove says to Gervedder, adjusting her hat and burbling along above the party. "So, I say let's not get distracted by sub-quests and random encounters. Any bandit lord or smoky breathed Dragon worth his salt would take the initiative and attack us himself, anyway. So, we won't have to go out looking for them. Not that I'm against some pest control. Maybe when we make camp tonight, we'll evict something evil for kicks...we can't risk too many injuries before we find our goal, though. That being said, I'm going to take a small flight soon and maybe I'll see something useful.

Personally, I do want to attack the Kobold camp sometime after dawn-those little buggers won't be nearly so bold in the daylight."

"I do not think that what we will find is likely to be a camp. It is entirely likely that Mount Kuriel is the largest kobold population center within hundreds of miles, and a place of religious significance to them due to the presence of what may be a genuine artifact. Kobolds draw strength from numbers, as we have discovered, and we are likely to run into numbers that are great indeed. And if we try a direct approach, it is likely that we will be overwhelmed. After all, so far the only places we have fought kobolds are deep inside human lands. We have no idea what they may have prepared on their own home ground."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: September 18, 2013, 02:20:13 pm »

Tackov looked up.  "So... lots and lots of fire?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: September 18, 2013, 02:22:42 pm »

"And, our information is slim to go on in the first place-we've only got assumptions to go on that the piece of the mandolin is even here. Yet, I don't feel fate would have led us astray..."

((Yeah, if we're actually going into a giant cave system we're screwed because no one bought any actual torches or source of light-we can make bonfires, but not anything that will stay lit. Honestly, we might as just quit the game and start over. No torches, guys. Game over.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: September 18, 2013, 02:24:54 pm »

I don't think we're tough enough yet. We can barely hold out against a squid bandit ambush, how're we supposed to win against thousands of kobolds?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: September 18, 2013, 02:25:13 pm »

((Ubiquitous glowing cave fungus.))
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 118