Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 191099 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.56
« Reply #735 on: August 29, 2013, 11:44:18 pm »

Run back slightly, bandage up my terrible head wound. And wipe that blood off as well.

((Okay, going away for real now.))

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: August 30, 2013, 01:33:07 am »

"Yup. I'm the best."

Take cover, collect curse crafter blood in flask. Then, bandage wounds.

ALSO DIBS ON THE FEET. Let's hope we reach a town before the effect wears off, nyehehehe~
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 03:07:43 am by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: August 30, 2013, 02:45:57 am »

"...Wheee!" Lady Foxglove squealed, like a little girl. This was just like the time she had ridden her own saddled Xildebird, before she crashed it into her boudoir in an incident of inexact circumstance. She should remember some of the basic controls of aerial mounting...

She pulled the reigns upwards, to try and right the tentacled beast, her other hand rubbing it's rubbery flaps soothingly.

"Aww, there's a good squid. Whose a good squid? I'll be a much nicer rider than the other one, I promise. Hya!"

Action: Learn how to fly my Warsquid! Sooth the savage...squid? Stay out of grabbing range of the depressed captain.

Then fly over and heroically rescue Gervedder, if possible. He's hurt!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 02:48:28 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: August 30, 2013, 04:20:24 am »

Well now, you can't have those arms! Those are illegal in some parts of the world, you know.

Slice off the limbs of Merc 5. Then pick them up and beat him to death with them.
And do the same thing to Merc 4, if I have the time.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.57
« Reply #739 on: August 30, 2013, 04:39:15 pm »

Turn Fifty Seven

Slice off the limbs of Merc 5. Then pick them up and beat him to death with them.
And do the same thing to Merc 4, if I have the time.

"Yes, Bukkar, that'll show them. Good boy. Perhaps you should boot one right up the arse? I'll be here in this ditch if you- oh good gods..."

SPECIAL ONE ON ONE ER TWO COMBAT DEATH MODE INITIATED!

Well now, you can't have those arms! cries Bukkar, cleaving wildly at the semi-stationary man on the floor with two broken legs and accidentally slicing one right off.

Those are illegal in some parts of the world, you know! Oh, bugger. Oh well, some countries don't much like legs, neither. Oi! Oi! That's my mouth, you bastard! I need that for drinking!

Incensed by the entirely harmless attack on his precious drinking orifice (letting it seep in through the skin is so much more time consuming), Bukkar sweeps up the severed leg and beats the semi-stationary broken-legged man on the floor  repeatedly about the face with his other broken leg, breaking it (the face, that is) in two. The mercenary (remember, he's a mercenary so this and the following is all ok, children!) objects, and pokes Bukkar slightly in the chest, causing such mild chest pain that Bukkar loses concentration, and turns round where, if he remembers correctly, there's another semi-immobile eejit lying about, who may have said something about his mother.

He does remember correctly!

Overcome with joy at displaying hitherto unknown intellectual capability, Bukkar severs this man's leg too!

Again, the second mercenary doesn't take particularly kindly to this, and swings his sword vaguely at Bukkar's manly chest, causing slight discomfort, and enraging the red-haired rage-gibbon so horrendously that he beats the poor mercenary about the head with his severed leg until it snaps in two (the leg, this time).

Balls, grunts Bukkar, Did you see that leg come apart? Bloody balls.

”Haha!” ripostes the burning-faced one-legged immobile severely bleeding mercenary, ”Bloody face, more like! Take this, you big eejit!”

Bukkar does take it! In the face!

Blood pours out at a rate that could only be described as very heavy, and Bukkar once again loses interest. He turns back to his original victim, and his original severed leg.

It's hard to make out what happens next, but it involves grunting, swearing, and incompetence, and finishes with Bukkar whipping his sword back out and slicing the arm of the stupid burning man behind him who just won't stop going on about how Bukkar's face is bleeding, haha, your face is bleeding, yer big eejit!

Bukkar picks up the arm.

Who's a big eejit?

”You, yer big eejit!”

If I'm an eejit, what the feck does that make you, eh? EH?? A BIG BURNING EEJIT WITH ONE ARM AND-

”Heehee, that tickles! That tickles! Stop!!”

Raising the left arm above his head for a second time, Bukkar realises something.

This is stupid.

He continues nevertheless.

Or perhaps not. Hmm. Your lung looks broken. NOW WHO'S AN EEJIT?! EH?! EH?! HA! Eeijt! Perhaps using this arm isn't that stupid!

Turning in the hope that his original victim isn't choking to death like this stupid big eejit right here, Bukkar swivels, smashes, and severs the mercenary’s chest with the dead man's severed arm.

Oh no. Definitely not stupid. Ha!

Wound Acquired: Mercenary 5: Severed Left Leg!

Wound Acquired: Mercenary 4: Severed Left Leg!

Wound Acquired: Bukkar Crangrom: Face Blood!

Wound Acquired: Mercenary 4: Severed Left Arm!

Wound Acquired: Mercenary 5: Broken Lung!

Wound Acquired: Mercenary 4: Severed Chest!

SPECIAL ONE ON TWO COMBAT DEATH MODE: DEACTIVATED!

Take cover, collect curse crafter blood in flask. Then, bandage wounds.

"Yup," declares Medha, to no one, in a nearby ditch, "I'm the best."

She doesn't clarify what she's the best at, but to the casual observer it would seem she's the best at smashing a glass flask into her face and causing a hideously spurting gash, but then the casual observer probably doesn't know a great deal about the intricacies of curse crafting.

She stuffs a bandage into the hole in her brain and sits there for a second, feeling like she's the best.

Wound Acquired: Medha Correo: Gashed Face!

Run back slightly, bandage up my terrible head wound. And wipe that blood off as well.

A short distance away, on the road and mercifully unable to see Bukkar's moment of intellectual clarity, Gervedder stumbles about whilst wrapping his head in a bandage.

It appears to be an entirely effective treatment for a terrible head wound, and he sits down to breath, and take stock, and listen to Lady Foxglove's uninhibited high-pitched squealing.

Action: Learn how to fly my Warsquid! Sooth the savage...squid? Stay out of grabbing range of the depressed captain.

Then fly over and heroically rescue Gervedder, if possible. He's hurt!

"...Wheee!" squeals, as I just mentioned, Lady Foxglove. In spite of the bloodshed and danger, she's having rather a good time.

It reminds her of being a young girl.

"Aww, there's a good squid. Who's a good squid? You're a good squid! Wes wou are!"

She rubs the warsquid affectionately on... on some wet and rubbery part of its anatomy, and just about manages to hold on as the savage Flying Warsquid wheels round and round in fairly violent desperation.

At least she got it to turn endlessly in a different direction - if Foxglove remembers correctly that's the first step in training flying squids.

"I'll be a much nicer rider than the other one, I promise. Hya! Giddy up! Wheeee!"

Take more potshots at the enemies.

Can I loot a crossbow safely?  If so, do it; if not, keep hiding in this ditch and do something about that bleeding thing.

In another nearby ditch, Tackov couldn't care less about squids. There's a crossbow just over there, and he means to get his filthy gutblood-covered hand on it.

An errant bolt of completely unknown origin suddenly pierces the ground right next to the tantalising crossbow, and the mage decides that, really, perhaps, what with just the one arm, and the apparent mortal danger summoned just by thinking about looting crossbows, and the gutbleeding, and the uncontrollable squids everywhere, he decides that no, he doesn't really need a crossbow.

He does really need to stop the bloody bleeding though.

Unfortunately, as was mentioned last turn, Tackov Cedtry's mental stability is – at least right now – questionable.

His train of thought goes something like this:

”Bleeding... arg... from the guts... perhaps... yes... it's the only way...”

Tackov searches about with his hand in the dark for a passing blade, and doesn't find one.

He bites his guts off.

”Yep... I think... that's stopped... the bleeding...”

He passes out from the pain.

…   …   …   …   …   …

The remaining squidrider, his lance broken on his enemy's fist, seeing the all-powerful mage crawl off and bite his own guts out before entering some kind of mystic trance and witnessing his companions being beaten to death with their own limbs, decides he wasn't paid enough.

He wheels his squid round, and charges directly but ineffectually at the involuntarily circling Lady Foxglove Vainglorious III – who inadvertently learns a particularly effective way to deal with enemy charges when mounted, to go with her particularly effective way of dealing with enemy charges when not mounted as demonstrated last turn – and hauls his despondent captain up and into the air.

Captain Hangrilinan jumps onto the back of his trooper's squid and, as the two mercenaries cross over the charcoaled remains of the hedgerow onto the road, leaps off onto the back of the fastest mount he can see.

Lady Foxglove is going to be moderately irritated when the joy of a new warsquid passes.

…   …   …   …   …   …

A couple of moments later most of the adventurers regroup.

AW YEAH! I FEEL ALL-POWERFUL, MAN!

"I... ohgods... Yes... I feel... great..."

”I'm fairly sure I feel about half again as powerful as ten minutes ago! There... there must be some rational explanation for this...”

"Wheee!"

"Wait, where the hell's Whiz? And why is my face bleeding? And what the hell is that caught between your teeth, Tackov?"

Spoiler: GM’s notes (click to show/hide)
Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medha Correo, Errol (click to show/hide)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.57
« Reply #740 on: August 30, 2013, 04:48:13 pm »

"Well, that's done for. Why are we waiting? Where's the next village? I got gold feet to sell before they cease being golden!"

Collect the golden feet. Also collect all other unsecured, unclaimed loot I can carry. Bandage face wound, if necessary, and become a Alchemist Curse Crafter.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 05:26:46 am by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: August 30, 2013, 04:51:18 pm »

((Just dropping in to check on this.

...groinbone?))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: August 30, 2013, 04:53:16 pm »

((Oh dear.))
Sig! Onol

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: August 30, 2013, 07:07:00 pm »

...groinbone?))
((Other...unusual name for pelvis :p

You know, that bone? The groin doesn't..actually /have/ its own bone.

Loving the story and updates so far La :)) ))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: August 30, 2013, 08:41:44 pm »

((Silly?  All you other people should stop being silly. Sheesh.  *innocent look*

And I'd say this dungeon quest is fairly magnificent so far!))

Tackov shivered.  He wasn't sure how severed guts would do him in the future.

"Do I have something in my teeth?"

Stow the guts with my face and arm.  Look ruefully at them again.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: August 30, 2013, 10:29:00 pm »

"The power... It is GRAND!"

Continue towards Bletchly, add "Whiznificent" to class title.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: August 30, 2013, 10:33:23 pm »

I FEEL ALIIIIIVE!

Follow party along, stop face bleeding. Add ' Sprayin' ' to class title in order to aggressively utilize vomit.
Sig! Onol

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: August 31, 2013, 04:01:42 am »

...groinbone?))

((I've already had to point out to Tiruin: I am using standard traditional European anatomy for this game. We all have groinbones.))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: August 31, 2013, 04:33:16 am »

"Where are you all marching off to! Look at all the loot on the ground here!" Lady Foxglove said. Was there no adventurers here with any sense?

Noticing the spot where she had left Lord Magnificent was notably empty of Lord Magnificent, Lady Foxglove began wheeling in the air venomously. In truth, she rather liked flying high above the rabble...

"That dastard! Who would be so low as to steal another persons loyal steed!" She said, whirring around like an angry and super presentable Queen Wasp, utterly immune to the irony of the statement.

Action: Wheel around in the air angrily that my horse was stolen!

Also, learn to control my squid whilst picking up some of the gear from the fallen-it'd be nice to have a lance and a sword, for example-who knows what I might find! In addition, I need to collect a full, non-exploded uniform from one of the fallen riders-one that will fit me nicely.

Then follow the group. Fly above the group and keep watch for danger. Like trees.

And now I'm a 'Glamorous Ravenhaired Crusader'

--
((Also, handling Harry's Action right now, since he said someone could while he's gone))

Gervedder shakes his head, feeling slightly...blimey. But at least everyone is mostly okay aside from pierced brains and mutton.

"Oy, lookin' good, Lady Fox! That woz some mighty high sensible squid-jackery, thereabouts!" he says, saluting the new Squid-Riding Queen.

"Before we go-on mates, let's check up tha Kobby Camp for some premium dosh, I wollop. I call dibsies on the varder!" He said musically, prancing off to see what remained of the poorly planned ambush.

He thought to himself they all would have surely perished, without Lady Foxgloves cunning strategy and beauteous charisma.

Action: Cheerio! Investigate the Kobold Camp (and kobold corpses) before we move on, chaps, and see if there's anything to find. Wot wot!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 04:52:14 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: August 31, 2013, 07:44:28 am »

Let's go with... hmm... "Gusty" Wind Mage.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 118