Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 191122 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.54
« Reply #720 on: August 29, 2013, 12:38:53 am »

((Sorry - 12 eyes, 6 pairs, and one pair per flying squid. The riders are human sized. The hedgerow directly behind Lady F is not burning but probably will be by the end of the turn. They are all charging towards Lady F but I don't think there would beroom for them all to engage her at once))
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 12:41:07 am by lawastooshort »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: August 29, 2013, 12:45:12 am »

Look at the commotion still happening. Can I see the squid riders? Can I identify them to any reasonable degree? Run along the side of the hedgerow toward Tackov and Whiz while I do this.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: August 29, 2013, 02:52:38 am »

Lady Foxglove had a cunning plan.

Uncle Narpolearm would approve!

Action: Lady Foxglove insanely charges the head rider before he can build up more speed, then grabs the spine of his lance as he approaches, and use the momentum of the his aborted charge to propel herself into the rear seat of the squid, air kicking the second rider out of his saddle. Then she grabs hold of the first riders arms, and attempts to flip him off his mount and take control.

If successful, use judicious one liners as appropriate.

((Hey, who needs boring actions!))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: August 29, 2013, 08:08:47 am »

Maneuver the spider closer to the pretty lights, then provide a distraction consisting of laughing insanely, cursing the second squid in the line to suddenly have large movement coordination problems, then breaking off.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: August 29, 2013, 08:50:17 am »

Continue along the road toward Bletchly while taking potshots at the squid riders from atop my loyal follower.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: August 29, 2013, 09:03:23 am »

Lady Foxglove had a cunning plan.

Uncle Narpolearm would approve!

Action: Lady Foxglove insanely charges the head rider before he can build up more speed, then grabs the spine of his lance as he approaches, and use the momentum of the his aborted charge to propel herself into the rear seat of the squid, air kicking the second rider out of his saddle. Then she grabs hold of the first riders arms, and attempts to flip him off his mount and take control.

((Hey, who needs boring actions!))

((MTL Davy Crockett approves.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.55
« Reply #726 on: August 29, 2013, 10:27:02 am »

Turn Fifty Five

Lady Foxglove Vainglorious III is smart, quick, cunning, and temporarily bereft of her senses.

Seeing half a dozen flying squid riders begin their charge at her, she does the one thing – well, perhaps the second thing – they wouldn’t expect. She charges right back.

The leader singles her out; at the last instant she grabs his lance and thrusts it into the ground in one movement. She swings round on her improvised pole, kicking the captain’s left hand man in half as she rotates around, flipping into the air and onto the back of the flying warsquid.

”This is a squidjacking, motherfecker!”

Breathing heavily with the effort of not really finding a suitable one liner, she tries to pull the rider’s arms back, opening herself to being cracked in the face with the back of his skull.

She darts her head back to avoid the blow, and frowns at the idea of having to come up with another bon mot.

”Let’s not get carried away, good knight! We barely know each other! Er…”

Sir Hangrilinan and Lady Foxglove ride on together as the momentum of the other riders carries them past their leader and the two halves of their sergeant. Spotting Medha’s giant bonespider and Gervedder running along and caught in the open, the riders turn and float menacingly towards them.

The riderless squid drifts off and away in the direction it came, wheezing like an obese whale’s blowpipe as it propels itself along.

Continue along the road toward Bletchly while taking potshots at the squid riders from atop my loyal follower.

Typhoon up Wind Blast.

”More enemy, behind us,” shouts down Whiz from his luxurious height.

Tackov grunts back.

"It'll take me a second to ready another spell - may want to just observe, here, Whiz. Whiz? Crikey. Bother."

While Tackov prepares his mind for further magic, Whiz seems happy to wander off towards Bukkar and their destination, shooting towards the floating enemy cavalry ineffectually as he does so.

Tackov is alone in the middle of the road, surrounded by corpses.

Quote from: Four remaining Flying Squid Cavalrymen
Shoot on squidback at the two exposed enemy and prepare to charge!

Over the remains of the hedge, in the open, the squids and their riders float towards Medha and Gervedder, shaking off the sudden loss of their sergeant and trusting their veteran captain to deal with the pesky acrobatic woman without too much trouble.

When they’re close they aim a volley of bolts at the pair of adventurers.

Seeing both their targets drop, the four squidmen wheel their mounts round towards the road and, specifically, the burnt-out gap in the hedgerow through which they can make out a lone mage. Even though he seems to be surrounded by a carpet of victims they figure he should pose no less problem then his hapless companions.

Tackov sees them turn towards him and suddenly feels even more alone.

Wound Acquired: Medha Correo: Pierced Brain!

Wound Acquired: Gervedder Vietzo: Pierced Brain!

Maneuver the spider closer to the pretty lights, then provide a distraction consisting of laughing insanely, cursing the second squid in the line to suddenly have large movement coordination problems, then breaking off.

Look at the commotion still happening. Can I see the squid riders? Can I identify them to any reasonable degree? Run along the side of the hedgerow toward Tackov and Whiz while I do this.

Collapsing across the forehead of her bonespider mount, Medha is barely aware of slowing to a halt. Her blood flows from her head and down onto the shining surface of the spider’s skull. She’s unable to curse her attackers, and doesn’t notice when the bonespider almost tenderly sticks up one of its awful legs to check its owner is still living.

She is, and the spider gently shakes Medha awake. She groggily sees Gervedder lying on the ground not far from her.

He has a crossbow bolt sticking out of his brain.

Quote from: The Spirit of Bukkar
I’m missing the fight?!?

Just as the enemy’s lances lower, pointed towards Tackov Cedtry, there’s a sound similar to the opposite of stealth: Bukkar Crangrom powerssprints down the road with smiling mix of glee and rage on his face.

He takes up position next to Tackov.

”You tried to keep all these bastards for yourself, you little fecker!”

For once both manage to keep from vomiting.

Spoiler: GM’s notes (click to show/hide)
Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medha Correo, Errol (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.55
« Reply #727 on: August 29, 2013, 10:46:49 am »

Get up and run toward squid riders, shoot the one who shot me. In the brain. This messenger delivers, after all.

((EDIT: Oh, right - going to be missing for tomorrow and the two days after that, so you can all feel free to suggest actions for me in that time.))
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 10:59:44 am by Harry Baldman »

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: August 29, 2013, 10:58:21 am »

Continue shooting at the cavalry, effectually this time, while continuing to meander towards Bletchly.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: August 29, 2013, 11:43:24 am »

"Hah! Think you're that good?"

Swing back onto the bone spider.

"Well, playtime's over."

Light the torch.

"I'll show you why exactly you don't..."

Create a curse (curse molotov?) using the lit torch, the bolt in my head, the mage blood, a bandage and five gold yuros.

"...MESS WITH MEDHA CORREO!"

Fling curse at the squad of four. Then, ride like hell in the general direction Foxglove went.

((Either this works or Medha Correo is the greatest buffoon in the universe.))
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: August 29, 2013, 12:18:20 pm »

Double brain attack!

"For headshots, you two are taking it rather well."

Tackov considered things.  He was sitting here with one spell left before he'd have to hide and recover himself, thanks to the damn kobolds.  Two of his companions had been hurt badly.  One was drunk and unpredictable.  He wasn't sure where Whiz was.

Perhaps now was the time for something more extreme.

"Bukkar, pal, how about a lift?"

Initiate Bro Attack:  Rocket Rage Mage!  Wind Blast Bukkar to them, who Rage Lazors one on the way and Lightning Fists the one he hits.

Then hide because I am squishy.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: August 29, 2013, 12:26:55 pm »

"I believe it's time for you...to let go of your inhibitions!"

*struggle struggle*

"I know you're going to fall for me."

*struggle struggle*

"No free ride! Wait, no, uh...pull over, I'm driving!"

Action: Continue my squidjacking efforts to buck the impudent male or at least keep him from charging my friends. Lady Foxglove uses One liner hurricane!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 12:31:10 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.56
« Reply #732 on: August 29, 2013, 04:42:13 pm »

Turn Fifty Six

Create a curse (curse molotov?) using the lit torch, the bolt in my head, the mage blood, a bandage and five gold yuros.

Fling curse at the squad of four. Then, ride like hell in the general direction Foxglove went.

Medha comes to wondering what's poking her in the arse. It's her spider. She gets back in the... where the saddle would be, if her mount wasn't a ten foot bonespider, and searches about in her inventory for her unlit torch. She has a throbbing headache, and she's not terribly happy about it.

"Hah! Think you're that good?"

She hurriedly scrapes together a handy flint and lights the torch.

"Well, playtime's over."

It bursts into life with a dramatic whoosh and, trying to gather up some of the blood inexplicably drenching her face, Medha realises why her head throbs. She reckons she may as well chuck that into her curse too, and grimaces as she pulls the crossbow bolt from her brain.

"I'll show you why exactly you don't... ohgodsshitethathurts..."

She has a certain vision in her head, but she's not quite sure whether or not the headache – or the crossbow bolt – might have slightly scrambled her mental imagery. She focuses her anger, her craft, and her throbbing, and throws a bunch of unwanted crap over her shoulder in the same way she once saw the curse crafter she learnt from use salt to ward off evil spirits.

It's kind of just the first thing that comes to her mind. Or, you know, second, if you count the crossbow bolt.

"...MESS WITH MEDHA CORREO!"

Nothing happens.

"...NNNNNNNNGHHG!"

Medha collapses face down on her spider, feeling much more like someone who's just pulled a sharp object out of their brain than an enormous buffoon, and just about manages to flee towards where Lady Foxglove used to be and, indeed, still is. Medha hopes Foxglove would like some blood, because it kind of comes free with Medha at the moment. Free and obligatory for anyone in whose direction she looks.

...A short distance behind her, her attackers rather suddenly stay exactly where they are.

Curse Created: Feet of Gold: This curse temporarily turns your target's feet into solid gold! This may or may not have severe effects on their mobility!

Action: Continue my squidjacking efforts to buck the impudent male or at least keep him from charging my friends. Lady Foxglove uses One liner hurricane!

"I believe it's time for you...to let go of your inhibitions!"

Lady Foxglove though is much too busy being locked in a passionate embrace to care very much for Medha's blood.

"I know you're going to fall for me."

The warquid begins to circle aimlessly as first Lady Foxglove pushes one way and then Captain Hangrilinan pushes another.

"No free ride! Wait, no, uh...pull over, I'm driving!"

...Neither of them wants to get off, so they continue pointlessly to and fro. It, you know, passes the time.

Continue shooting at the cavalry, effectually this time, while continuing to meander towards Bletchly.

Still travelling on the shoulders of his follower towards Bletchley, Whiz is in fact looking in the opposite direction.

He is puzzled.

Most of the enemy seem to have suddenly stopped mid-charge. Are they that terrified by the apparition of Whiz's fellow mage Tackov? The one surrounded by smouldering and punctured bodies?

He doesn't know, and would like to pretend he doesn't care, although if Tackov has suddenly become that terrifying he perhaps, somewhere deep down, feels a little jealous.

...He shoots one of the squidriders in the lungs and feels a little better.

He's pretty terrifying himself, he reflects.

The only real difference is Tackov doesn't have his face tattooed on the naked chests of dozens of corpses.

Get up and run toward squid riders, shoot the one who shot me. In the brain. This messenger delivers, after all.

Gervedder Vietzo, on the other hand, is not possibly so much terrifying as generally quite serious and practical. But he looks terrifying as he recovers from his brain injury and zigzags towards the stationary eejit who inflicted it on him.

...Blood pours across his eyes as he pulls a handy crossbow bolt from his skull, slots it into his bow, draws it back, and shoots the ground.

"Bother."

Quote from: Flying Squid Cavalrymen
Char- oh wait. Fire!

The squid cavalrymen are happily charging along when suddenly three of them become extremely heavy: their mounts sink slowly to the ground, immobilised under the immense weight.

The stuck three try to swing off and continue on foot, but their feet are too heavy to move.

They're stuck on their grounded flying squid and so, obviously, draw their crossbows and aim at the mage in front of them. It must be him who has the arcane power to halt them in their tracks.

The mobile squidman continues on, and the three behind are about to fire at Tackov when one of them starts gasping and choking for air, looks down, and finds a crossbow bolt sticking out of his lung. He keels over to the ground, dead.

Increasingly horrified at the carnage the brown mage is somehow and silently wreaking on them, the two fire, ...sticking the stinking wizard right in the guts.

Tackov, unaware of the terror he is causing, is beginning to feel distinctly squishy as the remaining mobile squidman charges forward, whooshes past him, and ...breaks his lance on Bukkar Crangrom's Fist of Rage.

"Oh! Idiot. I'm much squishier than him. Um. Ouch."

Wound Acquired: Tackov Cedtry: Pierced Guts!

Quote from: Captain
Get this woman off my squid!

...A short distance away, a similar thought is passing through the mind of Lady Foxglove as her latest admirer tries to elbow her in the face, loses his balances, and relinquishes control of his warsquid with a heavy thud.

"Haha, sucker! Wait, that's more appropriate for octopusjacking isn't it, darling. Oh well, never mind. Giddy up, er, squid! How do you make this thing stop turning in circles..."

Initiate Bro Attack:  Rocket Rage Mage!  Wind Blast Bukkar to them, who Rage Lazors one on the way and Lightning Fists the one he hits.

Then hide because I am squishy.

Quote from: Spirit of Bukkar Crangrom
Totally agree with everything Tackov says if he promises it will lead to  extreme violence!

Contemplating his situation; seeing Bukkar's Fist of Rage shatter a lance; suppressing the pain of a crossbow bolt sticking out of his guts: all these combine to inspire Tackov Cedtry into what he considers may yet be his greatest work.

Or to mentally destabilise him – art is subjective.

Why simply blast the enemy to smithereens when one can blast the enemy to smithereens with a friend?

Next to him, Bukkar mumbles something, or holds back a retch, or coughs – it's hard to tell when you're bleeding to death – and Tackov realises this is the mind-reading Mage of Rage giving his fully informed consent.

There's probably only about a one third chance of it going horribly fatally wrong (rather than horribly fatally right), he figures, and the probability, no, the certainty is that Bukkar won't remember anything either way.

Tackov nods to himself in agreement.

...Completely ignoring the squid-mounted eejit that just tried to tickle his fist, Bukkar suddenly flies forward into the air at an impressive speed for a perma-retching drunkard. ...He smashes into the left hand squidrider, totally oblivious to the impact of hitting a grown man, and knocks him off the squid onto the ground.

...The right hand squidrider tries to roll about frantically on the ground to extinguish the flames that suddenly envelope his head, but it's almost like his feet have been transformed into solid gold, and he can't even get off his squid.

He just sits there and screams instead as his squid looses a great cry of grief and frustration.

The left hand squidrider, now an ex-squidrider, lies there in shock.

It's almost like he, too, has had his feet transformed into solid gold, and apart from having the ability to fall off a squid and wiggle around a bit, he's almost totally lost the ability to move.

...He just lies there helplessly as Bukkar breaks his legs with his bare hands.

And lightning.

And rage.

As the assorted mercenaries groan and wail, Tackov runs like buggery and jumps into the first ditch he finds.

Fire Inflicted Cavalryman 4: Face fire!

Wound Inflicted Cavalryman 5: Broken Legs!

Spoiler: GM’s notes (click to show/hide)
Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medha Correo, Errol (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 02:12:18 am by lawastooshort »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.56
« Reply #733 on: August 29, 2013, 08:58:07 pm »

Tackov nods in approval.  "Yes, Bukkar, that'll show them.  Perhaps you should boot one right up the arse?  I'll be here in this ditch if you need me."

Can I loot a crossbow safely?  If so, do it; if not, keep hiding in this ditch and do something about that bleeding thing.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.56
« Reply #734 on: August 29, 2013, 09:54:10 pm »

Take more potshots at the enemies.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 118