Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 191119 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.53
« Reply #705 on: August 28, 2013, 08:21:51 am »

Charge after non-burning kobold, fire a crossbow bolt into its hindquarters - highly painful, but ultimately the least dangerous of wounds.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: August 28, 2013, 08:36:06 am »

"Well, that's one way of doing it."

If Gerdevver misses, Wind Blast the runner straight up.  If not, wind blast the healthiest looking kobold into the second healthiest looking one.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: August 28, 2013, 08:53:54 am »

General Narpolearm would have gotten himself caught in this position, Lady Foxglove thinks!

"Medha, I know you're a bit out of sorts at this moment, but if we stay here we'll make a rather charming pile of ash together. I'd rather die in a much more heroic manner, wouldn't you?

MOVE!"

Action: Escape the fire and get back to my horse!

((@Toast: Pff, you're gonna windblast the fire right off them. Boo, sir. :P ))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: August 28, 2013, 09:06:18 am »

"YOU DON'T NEED TO TELL ME TWIIIIICE! IN FACT YOU DIDN'T EVEN NEED TO TELL ME ONCE!"

Run! Mount the skull spider! Chase after the not-burning kobold, give him a good ol' tripping curse, and fall back, poised to strike on the burning portion of the kobold ambush!
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: August 28, 2013, 10:15:39 am »

"Well, it looks like that's been dealt with. Moving onward!

Command my hoard of followers onward, towards our destination! Make sure to avoid the pretty lights and the inferno. Might as well take a pot shot with a normal bolt at the sole non-burning koblod, as well.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 10:57:03 am by Chink »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: August 28, 2013, 10:17:54 am »

((@Toast: Pff, you're gonna windblast the fire right off them. Boo, sir. :P ))

((When all you have is a wind spell, everything looks like a bowling pin.

I've already lost enough body parts to sour me from close combat.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: August 28, 2013, 10:55:57 am »

What Would Bukkar Do?

If anyone knows I'll see if I can update again this evening.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: August 28, 2013, 11:48:22 am »

Kick something right up the arse?

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: August 28, 2013, 11:50:08 am »

Sword something right in the face?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: August 28, 2013, 11:52:38 am »

Vomit something on himself?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: August 28, 2013, 12:10:37 pm »

All excellent suggestions :)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: August 28, 2013, 12:18:27 pm »

Ooh! Jump into the kobold horde, drag one away, piledriver him then punch him into the skies with the lightning fist. Then see how long he can juggle him.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.54
« Reply #717 on: August 28, 2013, 03:49:09 pm »

Turn Fifty Four

Run! Mount the skull spider! Chase after the not-burning kobold, give him a good ol' tripping curse, and fall back, poised to strike on the burning portion of the kobold ambush!

The burning hedgerow crackles its way towards Medha and Foxglove, prompting the young curse crafter to stop waving her crossbow towards the burning kobolds whispering something that sounds very much like “pew pew” to herself and engage fully in the conversation Lady Foxglove seems very keen to strike up. She becomes a little more aware of the scorching rapidly moving heat.

"MOVE!"

"YOU DON'T NEED TO TELL ME TWIIIIICE! IN FACT YOU DIDN'T EVEN NEED TO TELL ME ONCE!"

...She pushes her way through the straggly hedge back towards her faithful mount, climbs without a great deal of dignity aboard, and stops to stare at Gervedder charge through the group of burning kobolds, through the burning bush, and ...streak, although not in that sense, in a blur of flame and movement, across the field after his gibbering midget victim.

Charge after non-burning kobold, fire a crossbow bolt into its hindquarters - highly painful, but ultimately the least dangerous of wounds.

...Gervedder is on fire, but somewhat lost in the chase, and doesn't even notice when the flames rippling across his iron cuirass slowly toast him a little, flicker, and vanish. He catches up to within spitting distance of the fleeing kobold, drops to one knee, aims, ...and severs the kobold's hindquarters.

The kobold tumbles forward, sticky dark blood spurting into the air, and crawls.

He doesn't get very far before an enormous spider – grown or constructed, it's hard to tell – lollops over, stabs him through the back, lifts him into the air, and eats him. Or her. Or it.

”Medha...”

"SORRY!"

The vigorous rubs being applied to the bonespider's head betray Medha's slight lack of sincerity; the curse crafter and the messenger head slowly but alertly back towards the burning hedgerow.

"It's not like he wasn't totally bleeding to death from a severed arse anyway..."

Quote from: The Eight Burning Kobolds
Stop drop roll

If Gerdevver misses, Wind Blast the runner straight up.  If not, wind blast the healthiest looking kobold into the second healthiest looking one.

Quote from: randomly selected spirit of Bukkar Crangrom
Ooh! Jump into the kobold horde, drag one away, piledriver him then punch him into the skies with the lightning fist. Then see how long he can juggle him.

...Back on the road, half of the remaining kobolds frantically jerk about on the dirty surface, roll to their feet, and look about them.

There's a hedgerow inferno behind them, and all they can see, apart from the charred corpses of their friends, is the giant who seems to have caused it.

They shoot, and then dash into the non-burning cover in front of them.

...Not for the first time tonight, their shooting is woeful. They push through the hedgerow, find something invisible blocking their way, and run back into and down the road towards Bletchley in an even more terrified blind panic when the lead kobold seems to suddenly be hurled backwards through the bush, accompanied by bits of the poor bugger who'd been just behind him.

A brown clothed mage suddenly appears in the darkness.

He watches them run, and watches his companion, the Mage of Rage Bukkar Crangrom, jump to his feet and sprint down the road in a lung-exploding run after the defeated creatures.

...After a slight wait there's a crackle of damp lightning and, almost immediately after, a shattering roar of disappointment.

”They got away then...”

Command my hoard of followers onward, towards our destination! Make sure to avoid the pretty lights and the inferno. Might as well take a pot shot with a normal bolt at the sole non-burning koblod, as well.

"Yep! Looks like that's been dealt with. Moving onward!”

Whiz, the inferno-causing giant, strolls forward on the shoulders of his serf. He surveys his domain.

In front of him, to the east, or southeastish, the road to Bletchley stretches into the night. To his left, the cinders of what was once a hedgerow crackle and smoke gently about fifty feet in either direction. And all around him, on the floor, there lie half a dozen blackened bodies – small bodies – and at least four or five times as many naked, pierced and... kind of smelly, like bad personal hygiene exacerbated by frantic drumming and dancing covered by cheap cheap incense and demented fanaticism and- wait...

"You two are my followers? Bugger. Well, onwards anyway chaps! We'll er... we'll find some more truthseekers in the next town!”

There's a gallant but weak cheer, and Whiz's carrier moves forward.

...He advances at least three feet before stepping on a poisoned caltop, collapsing to the ground, and dying.

Whiz's remaining follower kicks his erstwhile co-follower's corpse determinedly for a few minutes to atone for the eejit's desecration of the Great One's person, if desecration is a suitable euphemism for dropping from a height of six feet, and proudly lifts the wizard onto his own shoulders.

He gets over a metre without dying, and smiles to himself.

Action: Escape the fire and get back to my horse!

...Fifty feet further back down the road, Lady Foxglove Vainglorious III is working out the best way to both retain one's dignity and traverse, with reasonable speed, a prickly hedgerow. She is just about to decide that retaining one's dignity really does not matter quite as much as retaining one's status of not being burnt to death – a lesson her great uncle once taught her in a horrifyingly practical way – when there's a disgusting, sickening whistling sound, the kind of sound one might expect to hear as the death rattle of a w-

”Oh goddess. Squids. What a fool.”

The pretty lights are close now: there's twelve of them, flying towards Lady Foxglove at head height in arrow formation.

The riders on the flying squids lower their lances and charge.

Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)
Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medha Correo, Errol (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 04:08:45 pm by lawastooshort »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.54
« Reply #718 on: August 28, 2013, 04:13:42 pm »

He doesn't get very far before an enormous spider – grown or constructed, it's hard to tell – lollops over, stabs him through the back, lifts him into the air, and eats him.

At first I thought he was talking about Gervedder himself here.

Also, are those Kobolds riding the squids? Woz not clear. Also, are 12 squids or 6? Are all of them charging me or just one? Your notes and the previous sentence conflict.))
---

Lady Foxglove frowned. A wall of fire and alone against six or perhaps 12 flying squid lancers-something was wrong with her vision.

A tough spot, surely...but she had been in worse, hadn't she?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.54
« Reply #719 on: August 28, 2013, 07:38:32 pm »

Tackov grunted, and whispered to Whiz.  "It'll take me a second to ready another spell- may want to just observe, here."

Typhoon up Wind Blast.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 118