Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 191168 times)

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.41
« Reply #570 on: July 31, 2013, 11:34:45 am »

Use my scroll of Beginner's Fireball at the Sheep!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: July 31, 2013, 11:48:48 am »

Bukkar, naturally, rages.
Gedsdammit I was gunna DO SOME STUFF WITH THAT PORTAL!

Chop off limbs of Skeletal Knight with Sword of Severing.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: July 31, 2013, 01:25:35 pm »

Action: Kick the Human Wizard Skeleton 3 in the bonecrotch, so he doesn't use that cheap summoning move!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: August 01, 2013, 03:03:41 am »

Oh no, there I was all about to update and stuff and I realised Errol hasn't posted. Hmm.

edit: I have decided Errol is a naughty boy and I may ignore him.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 04:16:55 am by lawastooshort »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: August 01, 2013, 05:13:15 am »

((Loving the story so far btw :)) ))

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.42
« Reply #575 on: August 01, 2013, 10:14:03 am »

Turn Forty Two

Magical Typhoon Wind Blast!

"There may be an ovinomancer nearby - they are dangerous folk…"

Sighing at the thought of once again coming face to face with a deadly ovinomancer – the curious scar on his right buttock would always remind him of their inscrutable threat and terrible teeth – Tackov readies himself mentally for another blast of violent wind.

"Best be on your guard!"

He feels the rumbling power of wind gather deep within him.

Chop off limbs of Skeletal Knight with Sword of Severing.

Bukkar is quite aggrieved!

Gedsdammit I was gunna DO SOME STUFF WITH THAT PORTAL!

He doesn’t realise that all he had to avoid doing was short-circuiting the portal with his considerable vomit!

Now the only thing he could do with the portal is clean it!

Or rub himself up against it suggestively!

Instead, he transforms his rage, as he has done many a time before, into something positive. Into a force for good. A force for change!

With the laziest, awfullest, most pacific sword swing he can possibly manage without just dropping the sword on the floor, Bukkar slices off the Skeletal Knight’s right arm!

Action: Kick the Human Wizard Skeleton 3 in the bonecrotch, so he doesn't use that cheap summoning move!

Lady Foxglove, meanwhile, sidles over to Human Wizard Skeleton 3, hitherto preoccupied by his failed attempt to grab Whiz’s chest hair and leprify it off thereby exposing the naked-chested mage to the full force of his skeletal fury, and whispers gently in his ear.

”I say,” she says, ”It would be terribly kind of you to show me exactly how one summons those rather charming skeletal knights, you know? Terribly kind.”

”Happy to oblige, ma’am,” rasps the bony-throated conjurer, light-heartedly punching Lady Foxglove in the face a little before obliging happily.

A second skeletal warrior rises out of the darkness!

”I say,” goshes Lady Foxglove, ”That was awfully impressive! Bravo. I say. Erm.”

The second skeletal warrior immediately joins his wizardly master in stroking Lady F gently on the cheek!

She hides her discomfort.

Use my scroll of Beginner's Fireball at the Sheep!

With a mummified sabre toothed sheep attacking the mangled leg of his close friend and colleague Tackov Cedtry, Whiz takes stock of his options briefly, before coming to rest on the most obvious option.

Fire.

Great big writhing balls of fire.

Great big writhing balls of fire all over Bukkar’s arms.

Great big writhing balls of fire all over Whiz’s exposed chest hair.

Great big writhing balls of fire all over Tackov’s face.

Even great big writhing balls of fire all over Lady Foxglove Vainglorious III’s extremely attractive guts!

Now, all of Gervedder’s comrades will be able to help him try to set the sheep on fire!

And there was much rejoicing.

Fire Acquired: Bukkar Crangrom: Heavy Arm Fire!

Fire Acquired: Whiz: Severe Chest Hair Fire!

Fire Acquired: Tackov Cedtry: Severe Face Fire!

Fire Acquired: Lady Foxglove Vainglorious III: Heavy Gut Fire!

Quote from: Troglodyte Zombie 1
Vomit area attack on the burning foursome.

Seeing his foe, Whiz the Mighty Wizard, display his fearsome and esoteric powers and channel them towards improving the on-fireness of his companions, Albert the Troglodyte Zombie takes immediate and strongly prejudiced action. Or clear and present action. Strongly president’s action!

He vomits!

He vomits in the eye of each and every burning adventurer, bar Gervedder, who is standing slightly to the side.

He vomits so hard, in fact, that Lady Foxglove is drenched! Her burning gut is extinguished! Tackov’s face is drenched! His burning face area is extinguished!

Alas.

Bukkar and Whiz are not drenched – except in the eye!

They are both suddenly and foully afflicted with the Vomiting!

Bukkar is already quite afflicted though and, distraught at not being able to become doubly afflicted, he retches heartily at Whiz.

Whiz, naturally, attempts to return the favour, and retches so hard he slips over on the slippery floor and falls flat on his back.

Run at mummified saber-toothed sheep and try to set it on fire with my own body in passing.

"Oh my. That certainly is a most unfortunate happenstance. A mummified saber-toothed sheep surrounded by a quartet oh wait a pair of burning adventurers! I must join them post haste!"

Just as Gervedder turns to rush towards the sheep and his burning comrades, the sabre toothed sheep turns towards Gervedder!

Dammit… we must have rolled the same… damn… initiative score…

As Gervedder runs past the sheep with his burning chest hair exposed, time slows down and the fanned flames flicker and… fail to leap onto the paper dry woolly monstrosity!

As the sheep runs past Gervedder, who’s burning chest hair is exposed, time slows down and a chunk of the Messenger’s thigh flies off!

His leg seems to be heavily bleeding!

Sweet!

Wound Acquired: Gervedder Vietzo: Heavily Bleeding Thigh!

Quote from: Skeletal Knight 1
Melee at… dice roll… Gervedder!

Last turn’s Skeletal Knight charges clangingly into the attack, directing itself with cold fury at Gervedder, the clearly bravest and mightiest of the skeleton’s possible foes, whereupon his great rusty sword bounces harmlessly of the Messenger’s armoured and rippling stomach.

Quote from: Human Wizard Skeleton 2
Fireball!

And finally, since it doesn’t look like Medha’s getting a go this turn, Human Wizard Skeleton 2 advances into the fight! Having summoned a useless Skeletal Knight (1) last turn, this turn he opts to summon equally useless fire!

Seeing a great ball of fire fly, again, towards them, both Gervedder and Tackov hurl themselves out of the way, reaching complete safety but accidentally knocking their friends and colleagues into the flames!

Suddenly Whiz and Medha both seem to be suffering from extreme cases of severe fire on the head and arms!

Ouch!

Fire Acquired: Whiz: Severe Head Fire!

Fire Acquired: Medha Correo: Severe Arm Fire!

Quote from: The Spirit of Medha
She should cradle her skull in her arms and lick its smooth, domed cranial surface in a suggestive way.

Whilst battle rages all about her, Medha decides to retreat. She sits cross-legged in the corner of the room, cradling her pet skull in her flaming arms, and starts licking its smooth, domed cranial surface in what she thinks might well be a suggestive way.

It’s quite dry though, and after only a few seconds her tongue feels uncomfortably sandy and, indeed, unpleasantly rough.

Her facial expressions accurately reflect this.

Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)
Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medha Correo, Errol (click to show/hide)

edit: spare spoiler tag.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 11:40:08 am by lawastooshort »

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.42
« Reply #576 on: August 01, 2013, 11:01:19 am »

((You know, I should be mad at that, but I can't because you're 110% justified.))

Light torch with arms! Set fire to the mummygoat with the lit torch! Also set fire to any other aggressors! Then run away screaming!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 11:12:00 am by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: August 01, 2013, 11:15:12 am »

"A crafty bugger, to be sure."

Run at the sheep again, performing brave leg sweep to help with Medha's fire-setting.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 12:15:17 pm by Harry Baldman »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: August 01, 2013, 11:30:54 am »

((Blimey))

"This fight is going rather poorly!"

Wind Blast the two skeletal knights together!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: August 01, 2013, 11:52:28 am »

...R.I.P Whiz. You will be missed. Please don't come back with a vengeance.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: August 01, 2013, 11:55:15 am »

He should probably invest in a "stop, drop, and roll" action.

Given all the burning going on, perhaps I should invest in the weather control magic option I had.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: August 01, 2013, 12:14:10 pm »

Yeah, probably shouldn't hit Whiz with a malevolent sheep when he's in danger of burning to death on the same turn.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: August 01, 2013, 12:32:44 pm »

While Medha already plans on setting that sheep on fire and Whiz is in danger of burning to death next turn anyway. I mean look at you you're losing 40 HP per turn holy shit.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: August 01, 2013, 12:59:29 pm »

Yeeeeerrggggh you nasties won't live to mage another day!

Chop Human Skeleton Wizard 2 to bits with the sword! If I vomit, vomit all over my arms to extinguish them.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: August 01, 2013, 02:38:04 pm »

Spoiler: Attempt to waitlist. (click to show/hide)
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 118