Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 190530 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.5
« Reply #150 on: May 01, 2013, 04:00:34 pm »

"That'll teach you to shoot me."

Wind Step to hide, and work my way over to where the two kobolds splattered.  Take cover in the hedgerow myself.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 01, 2013, 04:21:30 pm »

Lady Foxglove hissed like an angry Sssykr*, and leaped upon the runty Kobold, intent on throttling it to death.

Action: Dive under there and strangle the little runt! Then, use it's corpse as a bludgeon to kill others!

« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 04:25:44 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 01, 2013, 06:15:40 pm »

Crawl towards the two splattered Kobolds, while keeping my wounds staunched.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 01, 2013, 07:37:56 pm »

Bukkar's head would be glowing right now if he'd bothered to learn that in Angry Lighting Class. As it is, he charges up to the nearest kobold and LIGHTNING FISTS it in the kobold. And continues punching it until it is naught but a corpse.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 11:45:47 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 01, 2013, 11:41:07 pm »

If visible: Bad Luck Curse, Kobold Sergeant.
Either way, advance to the north and assist in clearing out the hedge. With stabby stabbiness and such.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 01, 2013, 11:45:12 pm »

Hide behind a tree or something, then try to stem that blood flow somehow! Utilize any available measures - clothes, any bandages I might have around, anything of the sort.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 12:06:33 am by Harry Baldman »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.6
« Reply #156 on: May 02, 2013, 08:21:49 am »

Turn Six

Action: Dive under there and strangle the little runt! Then, use it's corpse as a bludgeon to kill others!

Hissing like an angry Sssykr, Lady Foxglove leaps forward into the shadowy bush, clasping the offending kobold between both hands and throttling it so hard she fractures its neck!

It drops seemingly lifeless to the ground, but as she leans down to grab it by the ankles to use as a bludgeon she has the most chilling premonition of being stabbed right through the chest if she does.

She rests one foot on the kobold and scrunches down until she is satisfied, strategically rearranging her hair as she does so.

Wind Step to hide, and work my way over to where the two kobolds splattered.  Take cover in the hedgerow myself.

Crawl towards the two splattered Kobolds, while keeping my wounds staunched.

"That'll teach you to shoot me," mutters a sudden breeze wafting across the field.

Invisibly, Tackov gets out of the field of fire and into the hedgerow and safety whilst behind him Whiz contorts half-nakedly across the ground using his unorthodox robe-wearing technique.

He manages to get into cover next to Tackov, who whispers to let him know he is there and that he can see disturbingly far up his dress and perhaps he should he should rearr-oh gods is that a crossbow bolt sticking out your chin?

Whiz pulls himself up against a tree, still bunching up his robe against his bleeding face.

Quote from: Kobold Sergeant
Charge at Medha, since the other one’s vanished.

Bukkar's head would be glowing right now if he'd bothered to learn that in Angry Lighting Class. As it is, he charges up to the nearest kobold and LIGHTNING FISTS it in the kobold. And continues punching it until it is naught but a corpse.

Ignoring the crawling bleeding wizard and puzzled by the disappearance of the mighty blasting wizard, the kobold sergeant charges out of cover to take on the fancy theatrical apparent wizard with all the smoke and shouting.

He dashes across the dark uneven ground; he raises his short sword in a flash; he sweeps it down in an ugly slash and severs one of Medha’s ribs!

She falls backwards to the ground as blood spurts dramatically from the huge gaping wound!

Wound Acquired: Medha Correo: Severed Rib!

Bukkar turns and charges the unfortunate sergeant who is now by far the nearest enemy: he LIGHTNING FISTS it in the face!

The blow is glancing, but the accompanying lightning that shoots out of Bukkar’s angry fist smashes the kobold to the floor, where he lies stunned and smelling of singed meat and eyebrows.

Wound Acquired: Kobold Sergeant: LIGHTNING FACE!

Quote from: Melee kobolds
Rush out to save the sergeant from the terrible angry man!

The kobolds, already shaken by the raining kobold crushing their friend, see their leader – wait, no, their non-commissioned officer, he’s not really that important is he, lads, eh? – struck down by the terrible LIGHTNING FIST of rage, issue forth a terrifying warcry, and flee east directly away from the battlefield.

Hide behind a tree or something, then try to stem that blood flow somehow! Utilize any available measures - clothes, any bandages I might have around, anything of the sort.

The fleeing kobolds ignore Gervedder, taking refuges behind a tree and frantically searching his pockets for spare hankies, clothes, bandages or minor healing potions that he might have around.

He does have a minor healing potion!

He swigs it down, suddenly remembering that in fact it isn’t a minor healing potion, but a major healing potion that, just like the glory of saving the known world from certain destruction, he stole from his lord Baron Uldenago!

It’s got quite an aftertaste of plum and vanilla and red berries – Gervedder’s fairly sure that it’s a Chateau Ryikfeldt 997 vintage potion. He licks his lips, watching the kobolds flee past.

If visible: Bad Luck Curse, Kobold Sergeant.
Either way, advance to the north and assist in clearing out the hedge. With stabby stabbiness and such.

Angrily struggling about on the floor next to one of her ribs, Medha does all she can: she quacks out a cheap curse that she would have had to flee the village for if she’d sold it to even the densest of illiterate peasants.

Cursing her hastiness, she bounds forward despite the pain. She stabs the nasty little kobold in the guts!

Wound Acquired: Kobold Sergeant: Mildly Pierced Guts!

Quote from: Missile kobold
Shoot the magic woman!

The kobold sergeant hears the ferocious fleeing warcry of his men. He starts crawling away, yippering after them, and the last kobold steps out of the shadows to cover the sergeant’s retreat.

A single bolt shoots through the air, pierces Medha’s liver, and then the crossbowbold turns and runs.

He doesn’t wait to see Medha collapse once more to the ground, and he doesn’t wait for his sergeant to catch up.

Wound Acquired: Medha Correo: Pierced Liver!

Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)

Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medha Correo, Errol (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 08:51:22 am by lawastooshort »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.6
« Reply #157 on: May 02, 2013, 08:35:51 am »

Gervedder sighs contently as his stomach wound seems to heal nicely. He's seen some people go this way. Ugly as hell.

Fetch some bolts from one of the deader-seeming kobolds. Shoot one of the fleeing kobolds in the rump, then move to capture them. If I miss, look for Medha's severed rib around here and help her bind her wounds, if at all possible.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 10:34:10 am by Harry Baldman »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 02, 2013, 08:55:07 am »

There's an interesting question- can I see myself?

Attempt to staunch the bleeding, using bits of Whiz's robe, since hey, it's already torn up.  If I can't see to do that, go finish off the sergeant.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 02, 2013, 09:54:13 am »

"Oh, hell. Would anyone help me out here? Please? Someone see my rib at least? I'm emotionally attached to my ribcage!"

Uh. Crap.

Don't move erratically. Use robe as an improptu bandage to fix up my wounds, somehow. If someone brings me my rib, pocket it. You never know when you'll need a rib...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 02, 2013, 10:06:34 am »

Lady foxglove stomped the Kobold a few times, wondering about the odd omen she had received-sparing her an egregious injury to her attention getters. She guessed it could only have been the Goddess Ravena, in a pleasantly fitful mood, lending her aid.

She reached for the Silver chain dangling alluring between her chest, bringing a small grey icon of a crooked beaked bird in flight. She pressed it to her lips and said a tiny prayer.

"...thanks for saving me a hole in the chest, Lady Ravena. I owe you one." She murmured, so no one would hear-except, presumably, the Goddess. Who was probably enjoying all this, sitting up in the clouds, watching the rolling dice of fate and laughing merrily. Nor were oaths to Gods so lightly given, but Fox had never known Ravena to take much of anything that happened on the worlds of men very seriously.

She decided to leave the scrawny beast alone-no sense tempting fate-and find a different crossbow.

Her voice rose as she leaned out from the bush. "Take heart boys! Up and after em! That's our money running away!" she insisted enthusiastically, running over to Medhea.

"Oh, hell. Would anyone help me out here? Please? Someone see my rib at least? I'm emotionally attached to my ribcage!"

"...Did someone say something about barbeque for lunch? What an odd time." She mentioned, looking around coyly.

---

Action: Thank Ravena the Goddess for saving me chest damage!

Then, take the crossbow from a Kobold different then the one whose neck I broke, and twang the lightning faced leader in his beady little head. If no bow is available, assist Gervedder in a duo takedown.

OOC: Ahhh, I don't know why I wrote so much.
@Lawas: Feel free to trim it down as you like, but if Ravena ever shows up in our game, at least you'll know about her :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 02, 2013, 10:17:57 am »

"Oh, please. There isn't much meat on these bones, and it's chewy too. Much unlike yours, with all that useless tasty fat on top of it... hehehemwahaha- aaack! Chalk it up to my generosity that you're not rolling in the mud with me for that!"

Mental note: If Foxglove ever depends on my help, make sure pull out grilling equipment first.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 02, 2013, 10:29:38 am »

"Oh, please. There isn't much meat on these bones, and it's chewy too. Much unlike yours, with all that useless tasty fat on top of it... hehehemwahaha- aaack! Chalk it up to my generosity that you're not rolling in the mud with me for that!"

"Oh, stop whining, you'll live you sneaky little witch. Should have bought a Health Potion for yourself, like, well the one I have here on my designer wyvernleather belt-it's so fresh and delicious, capable of easing the greatest pains and wounds in a single magical draught..." She mentioned idly.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 02, 2013, 11:30:03 am »

Continue staunching my wounds while grabbing a crossbow and shooting the fleeing sergeant.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 02, 2013, 12:11:54 pm »

"Oh, stop whining, you'll live you sneaky little witch. Should have bought a Health Potion for yourself, like, well the one I have here on my designer wyvernleather belt-it's so fresh and delicious, capable of easing the greatest pains and wounds in a single magical draught..." She mentioned idly.

"Hah, as if I'd ever need one of these! Save it for yourself, when someone stabs you in the gut or something to let the hubris out. Ow! Hmph!"
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 118