Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 190592 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Prelude - Done
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2013, 09:05:01 am »

Throw a black hole at the other waitlisters. Just for kicks.

"The rats?!"

If I had the time and inclination I'd totally run an "in-base" thread where the waitlisters go and clear out the wizard's basement of a bunch of magical-lab rats while they wait for the others to die. A great big rat filled dungeon crawl or something.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2013, 09:06:08 am »

It could be a way to avoid that whole 'Getting into the game so late that everyone else is way more powerful than you' thing.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2013, 09:07:30 am »

It could be a way to avoid that whole 'Getting into the game so late that everyone else is way more powerful than you' thing.

It would be an excellent way of avoiding that, and of catching up with everyone else's injuries, but I really don't have time to do it.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2013, 09:08:18 am »

Gervedder can't say he's terribly happy about the fact that half of the brave heroes who lucked out and tumbled through the portal seem to be on fire. Definitely not the best start for an adventure. Oh well, better roll with it. After stopping and dropping first, obviously.

Stop, drop and roll out of the Prologue and into Chapter One, presumably.

It would be an excellent way of avoiding that, and of catching up with everyone else's injuries, but I really don't have time to do it.

Not to mention that you'd soon get more waitlisters and then you'd have to organize the waitlist at two levels - about six (unless you feel like running with more) who get to do things and the rest who are simply very, very late to the party. And then you'd get people who die in the basement. Would they get reanimated like Lenneth Hardy?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 09:11:37 am by Harry Baldman »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 29, 2013, 09:20:50 am »

Would they get reanimated like Lenneth Hardy?

Yes and eventually the whole quest would be undertaken by reanimated burnt corpses.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 29, 2013, 09:22:11 am »

So we're playing Dark Souls then?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 29, 2013, 09:23:14 am »

Also, ungh, I totally wanted Caellath to get in behind me. Stupid gnome.
Yeah. Too bad I didn't make it, but bad luck played a good part on that.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 29, 2013, 09:27:52 am »

Though still sort on fire, Lady Foxglove felt the air and ground shift as she rolled through the portal-victory!

Sort of. If walking through the door was considered victory.

As she rolled about patting herself thustly and screeching and looking like an enraged *Xildebird with ruffled feathers, she was mildly extremely disappointed to see the lecherous gnome enraged drunken hooligan fly through last of all. She had hoped that pleasant peasant looking fellow would have gotten in-aside from being more easily manipulated, he might have been interesting if he had a long sword, and a fancy hat and clothes like hers-and maybe found a wit to match. Oh well, maybe they would meet on other worlds and all that...

Ahh, fire!

« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 09:45:10 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 29, 2013, 09:29:25 am »

It's the Ragin' Mage who got through! Not the Halfling of Lechery!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 29, 2013, 09:31:54 am »

It's the Ragin' Mage who got through! Not the Halfling of Lechery!
Who incidentally has no drinking debt to pay anymore. Nothing to do with him taking this quest.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 29, 2013, 09:52:18 am »

Beral sneezes abruptly.

Ah, the ladies are still thinking about me. I'll be there soon enough, all my fans!

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.1
« Reply #86 on: April 29, 2013, 10:27:44 am »

Turn One

Dead in the middle of an early winter’s night, when the ground has already begun to crunch underfoot and the moon begun to rise over the mountain range of Durial to the east, the silence spread over the plain of Nirila is broken by the sound of half a dozen other-world adventurers materialising.

The half-dozen adventurers materialise from a plane-portal, glowing an indescribable colour, from whose edges jump licks of flame, and which hovers some three feet above the ground.

Tackov Cedtry, brown cloaked wind mage, is first through the portal, avoiding the flames and the drop by blasting through in style. He’s followed by Whiz, a clever looking wizard who flies through and lands flat on his face with a bump and a moan and a muttered word or two.

The burning Medha Correo jumps out next, falling to her knees, slumping to the ground, and writhing around covering her face until the flames go out, followed immediately by the luminously ablaze Gervedder Vietzo, striding through majestically, stopping, dropping – he has no choice – and rolling.

The flames are vanquished.

Lady Foxglove Vainglorious III rolls through the portal next, a small burning ball that doesn’t bounce when it hits the frosty ground, rolling until the flames die down; and then comes Bukkar Crangrom: leaping out of the flaming portal he screams at the sky before rolling and wailing hysterically on the floor, perhaps taking Lady Foxglove’s action as a cue, perhaps thinking that the band are under attack, perhaps… just being that way inclined.

Eventually Bukkar gets up and joins his companions in examining his surroundings.

The night is almost clear, the waxing gibbous moon throwing a decent light over the pale countryside, and the six are in the middle of a field – furrowed but otherwise empty – surrounded by hedgerow on three sides and rotting fencing to the north.

Beyond this fencing, perhaps half an hour beyond, a few indeterminate wisps of smoke can be seen rising and it seems that to the west and a little distance beyond the hedgerows there is a muffled sound of approaching riding. More than one mount, it’s sure, but beyond that it is hard to say.

Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medha Correo, Errol (click to show/hide)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.1
« Reply #87 on: April 29, 2013, 10:59:49 am »

Lady Fox frowned at the charring to her ensemble, and it deepened upon viewing the rest of a group that could at best be called motley.

"...and it seems we've landed decently in a farm of some sort. How...quaint...hmm. At least it wasn't freshly fertilized this time of year." She commented, walking toward the rotted gate, jauntily moving in a hop scotch fashion over the furrows and divots and channels that threatened to soil her tunic.

"I don't suppose we've any other way but forward-I'm not climbing over those hedges, myself. If we've got company coming, we'd best meet them on firmer ground as well. Move on lads, or get left behind."

Actions: Make my way through the field adroitly, and move over the rotted fence to the North.

@Lawas: Is it intentional most of us do not have weapons at this point? Or does that really matter? :P
I know 4/6 are magic users of some sort, but that leaves Lady and Gervedder to punch things or surrender in case of trouble. And Lady Foxgloves silken gloves will not condone the indignity of being formed into a fist. Elbows and knees to groins are probably fair game, though.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 29, 2013, 11:05:13 am »

The messenger gets up, brushing off some of the ash and looks about. Not the worst place he's found himself in the dead of night, certainly. He looks at Lady Foxglove and shrugs.

"Don't see why we shouldn't go that way. After all, that could either be a village or stacked piles of innocent corpses that some evil overlord set fire to. Either way, adventure awaits!"

Jog after Lady Foxglove toward those trails of smoke. Try to figure out what they might be.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 29, 2013, 11:08:36 am »

Tackov stands back up as the rest of the company comes through.  Looks like it's these six, then.

"I'm Tackov, if you didn't know.  Hey, wait up!"

Follow the group headed north.  Keep an eye out for trouble and/or loot.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 118