Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 190917 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.76
« Reply #960 on: October 15, 2013, 09:32:57 am »

"And thus our party has been successfully attacked by three separate kingdoms of creatures," Gervedder observes as he runs toward the party. "Possibly four, if I think about it a little. Speaking of, have one of these, Tackov."

Hand Tackov some one dose of Cureall so he can finally stop vomiting like crazy. Then carefully run about, taking aim at approaching vegetation with crossbow in preparation to fire.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: October 15, 2013, 11:22:42 am »

((Hey, dose my red-dragon vest actually have stats? :P))

"Killer Ambulatory Plants-a low level encounter. Time to do some LAWN MAINTENANCE!" Lady Foxglove quips lamely, zooping up and toward them, and making a whistling noise.

Action: Dive bomb the Green Horde with my curse grenade!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.74
« Reply #962 on: October 15, 2013, 12:49:23 pm »

abbr=4, sorry, would have needed a 5 for something with bonus giving properties
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: October 15, 2013, 01:07:27 pm »

Oi, there you bastards are! I've been waiting ages for you. Let's go, let's go, get a move on! We've got a lot of mountain to mine and not much time to do it in!

Pressgang the kobolds into becoming my mining force.
Adopt Foreman title.
If they attack me, Rage Flight out of the hole, get a grenade, and drop it down the hole.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: October 15, 2013, 07:57:31 pm »

"Oh, hey, I didn't notice that I still had my flammable healing potion carpet with me earlier. Odd."

Throw the flammable healing potions carpet at the carnivorous plants while quickly backing away, and shoot a +1 blot of Burning at the plants to light them, and the healing potion, on fire.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: October 15, 2013, 08:03:40 pm »

"Crikey!"

Try to Wind Blast II as many plants as I can off the cliff path.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: October 16, 2013, 12:12:42 pm »

"Er... crikey. I'm not in the best condition to fight right now. Also every time I tried to go in ended in something horribly wrong so far. And I'm fairly sure plant people have no blood to speak of and even if it would probably be sap. I have no sap on hand. Do you mind if I just stand back and try to not get hit and shoot crossbow bolts in their general direction and run away at the slightest sign of trouble?"

Do so!
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: October 19, 2013, 05:07:53 am »

As Lady Foxglove swooped down upon the hapless plantlife-their leafy fronds and shoots shaking in sheer terror, she imagined-she had a quaint, hazy flashback.

---

Whereas a normal gentleman might present a flower to a lady, if he found her fetching, Aranchanoloxapox was a gentledemon and presented three, with a toothy and charming smile.

Foxglove knew that two of the flowers would likely kill her. Demons expected such things, and courting was never taken lightly. To refuse the gift entirely, however, would to show a critical lack of self confidence-something they greatly admired, for didn't their oldest legends say they were the the scions of long fallen lights? Indeed, one could say they never lacked a reason to prove themselves in a universe that seemed to brand them as 'evil' from conception to dust. Pride was their strongest virtue.

So, it was with great pride in her abilities that Foxglove took the proffered flower in the center-it was a void hibiscus, she had known from experience-having guessed Arach might test her knowledge in such a way. The hibiscus itself was startling beautiful in it's stark clarity-it's bud was something like a living black hole, and light and warmth were drawn into it's center, producing a brilliant void-a perfect nothingness and silence. Foxglove knew it was harmless at this size, though larger varieties could be known to consume entire persons and eventually the land itself, if they grew completely unchecked.

Of the other two, she dare not touch them-one was the Fallingreen...looking like a pansy flower, but the swirls of color within first hypnotized those who looked upon it, then fed on their life energy until they were mere husks. The other, a rare Succubus Crown, all blood red with brilliant gold-which when smelled, turned them into the mirror of the creature for what it was named. A minor amendment-one would have killed her, the other would have changed her nature. Not quite the same thing...was he hedging his bet?

Lady Foxglove wondered, and smiled, scenting the absolute emptiness of the Void Hibscus, her eyes never leaving Arach's devilishly handsome face. He smiled, which he tended to only do in her presence. Perhaps she saw something in his eyes-no whites in these eyes, merely dark, smoky red orbs that shown brighter when something caught his interest-as they were now, bright enough she was tempted to shade her own with her free hand. Was it relief? Had he wanted to pass that much? Or was it merely the confidence that he had chosen right? That he had chosen her? The mystery of him was half the reason she had loved him, and perhaps still did.

Lady Foxglove had many admirers, but few who had been-and were-that close to her heart.

To this day, she still didn't know who he really was...

---

"...I still don't really know..." She said to herself, quietly.

Then her mind was on the mission, once more-and her dive unpaused.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.77
« Reply #968 on: October 21, 2013, 03:14:57 pm »

Turn Seventy Seven

Pressgang the kobolds into becoming my mining force.
Adopt Foreman title.
If they attack me, Rage Flight out of the hole, get a grenade, and drop it down the hole.

Oi, there you bastards are! charms Foreman Xantalos, I've been waiting ages for you. Let's go, let's go, get a move on! We've got a lot of mountain to mine and not much time to do it in!

”Okay boss!” shout a dozen tiny little voices. They grab tiny little picks and start making tiny little holes in the floor of their tiny little dormitory.

Well, that was suspiciously easy.

Action: Dive bomb the Green Horde with my curse grenade!

"Time to do some LAWN MAINTENANCE!" cries Lady Foxglove, wincing at the terribleness of her quip as she zoops right up into the air, swooshing from a great height and diving down before dropping her curse grenade with tremendous force. The force is so tremendous that the grenade explodes into extra tiny pieces, showering dripping curse droplets over every one of the carnivorous plants and also over the entire mountainside and everything on it. And, indeed, everything slightly above it on a flying warsquid.

As she wipes drops of curse off her face, Lady Foxglove remembers to stop whistling, and almost falls off her squid.

Curse Acquired: Lady Foxglove Vainglorious III: Curse of the Fool! -2 to moving!

Curse Acquired: Medha Correo: Curse of the Fool! -2 to moving!

Curse Acquired: Tackov Cedtry: Curse of the Fool! -2 to moving!

Curse Acquired: Gervedder Vietzo: Curse of the Fool! -2 to moving!

Curse Acquired: Whiz el Magnificento Whizzissimo: Curse of the Fool! -2 to moving!

Hand Tackov some one dose of Cureall so he can finally stop vomiting like crazy. Then carefully run about, taking aim at approaching vegetation with crossbow in preparation to fire.

Rejoicing at seeing many of the carnivorous plants charging towards him suddenly trip and fall flat on their faces, Gervedder pulls out his crossbow, sprints forwards, and sticks the aforementioned crossbow right in one of the aforementioned faces. He cocks the hammer in preparation to fire and tries to think of something menacing to shout at a flower that he's about to execute.

Nothing comes immediately to mind.

Throw the flammable healing potions carpet at the carnivorous plants while quickly backing away, and shoot a +1 blot of Burning at the plants to light them, and the healing potion, on fire.

"Oh, hey,” thinks Whiz, "I didn't notice that I still had my flammable healing potion carpet with me earlier. Odd. I bet this can’t go wrong in any feasible way whatsoever!"

Whiz dashes forwards, waving his sopping wet magically infused alcohol dispensing rug over his head round and round before getting close enough to consider letting go.

He stands there for a good moment, considering letting go but enjoying spraying highly flammable healing potion over the entire mountainside a bit too much, and then lets go and wangs a great big spume of what smells like expensive fine liqueur towards the horde of killer plants and then backs off.

He reaches back over his shoulder, pulls down his crossbow, and blasts a bolt of fire towards the lake of medicinal whiskey all around him and his foes and his companions, and looks all kind of surprised when the inevitable happens.

Do so!

Medha’s okay – she jumps on a nearby rock and makes some excuses about feeling a bit too poorly to burn to death today – but her exposed comrades are not so lucky.

The first thing that's noticeable is a huge blast of heat, and a kind of sucking out of air as the mountainside goes up in flame in a five hundred foot radius centered on where Whiz was whirling his wet rug; the next thing is a hideous squealing as a small platoon of vicious murderflowers first dries, then ignites, and then burns to papery dust.

...Almost immediately, Gervedder, who had been standing inches away from one of the poor carnivorous plants, catches on fire: his first reaction is to drop and roll, but he very quickly realises that he is rolling about in a bunch of fire, so gets up and stops.

Fire Acquired: Gervedder Vietzo: Head Fire!

...Lady Foxglove, shimmering above the inferno on her warquid, looks down on her companions with an expression that is both aghast and unsurprised at the same time: she's about to revert to her practised appearance of sang froid and disdain when the warsquid realises it's floating just above an enormous fire, and the sudden blast of hot air sends its shooting uncontrollably six hundred feet into the air. Foxglove squeals a bit, and is very much relieved when no one seems to notice.

...Whiz is next, or is at least the next burning adventurer Medha notices, his alcohol-drenched hands bursting alight like particularly well made torches. He panics, and starts running blindly down the mountain trail, but he only gets as far as Tackov when the wind mage holds up his hand, realising he can save the day.

Fire Acquired: Whiz el Magnificento Whizzissimo: Burning Hands!

Try to Wind Blast II as many plants as I can off the cliff path.

"Crikey! But don't worry chaps! With the wind at my command, I can blast this fire back unto whence it came, or something! I'm fairly sure this can't go wrong in any possible way!"

Whiz stops and stands and stares: fire rages all about, and is tearing its way towards Tackov like a tide. Suddenly Tackov shoots forward, as if propelled by a massive gust of wind: he shoots forward about half a mile, through a great quantity of flame, before shooting back in a wildly zigzagging series of S shapes, catching fire here, fanning flames there, and then flying like some kind of burning homing wizard directly at Whiz, who stands, and stares, and ducks, and follows round with his head as Tackov flies past where Whiz is standing, and shoots directly and, his clothes having burnt off mid-flight, nakedly down Bukkar's hole and into the kobold dormitory.

...He drops the twenty or so feet through the mountain, escaping from the inferno above into first blackness and then the dim mouldy kobold light below, and lands on a nearby cooking utensil.

It pierces his external dragon guts, and they explode with a huge boom, filling the small room with a large fire ball and blasting Tackov off the floor and against the nearest wall where he crushes a kobold into a squishy mess behind him. He sees, as he slides slowly down the wall, the eleven surviving kobolds run around wildly, shriek loudly, burn intensely, and then collapse to the ground.

Thankfully much of the furniture and bedding in the room is damp, as kobolds prefer it, and the fire quickly peters out, except for those bits of it on Tackov and Bukkar's faces.

Bukkar looks really pissed, thinks Tackov. And on fire. It's hard to tell, it has to be said, but Tackov definitely thinks Bukkar looks pissed. And on fire.

Tackov retches a little, tries to hold it in, fails, and vomits apologetically over his feet.

Fire Acquired: Tackov Cedtry: Facial Fire!

Fire Acquired: Bukkar Crangrom: Facial Fire!

Spoiler: GM’s notes (click to show/hide)
Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medha Correo, Errol (click to show/hide)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.77
« Reply #969 on: October 21, 2013, 03:35:35 pm »

GNOGDAMMIT I HAD A WORKFORCE GOING HERE! GET OUTTA MY HOLE!

Activate Rage Flight and uppercut Tackov out of the hole, kicking my legs to propel myself out of the hole. Dump Tackov on the ground and continue rising. Once I'm at a good height above the battlefield, rocket down to the plants while still kicking my legs for the momentum bonus and lightning punch them. If no plants available, choose a random target.
Oh, and vomit all over my own face to extinguish the fire.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 05:57:51 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: October 21, 2013, 03:37:02 pm »

"It would seem that I am on fire now. And somewhat cursed. How very unfortunate."

Flail away from the fire stoically. If possible, ectinguish self.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: October 21, 2013, 03:54:29 pm »

"Eyiiieh!" Lady Foxglove exclaimed, as everything seemed to explode at once. Perhaps using that grenade in her state of emotional turmoil made it more powerful...

But wait! What was this infernal clumsiness afflicted upon her? It was almost like a dozen invisible, miniature Medhas were cackling and kicking her shins simultaneously-and highly annoying. And trying to make her fall hundreds of feet to the ground.

She decided, she would counter the fell power of the ugly crone with the hotness and poise of the Raven.

"The curse is all in my head anyway! Her power is merely the placebo effect! Isn't that right, Lady Ravena? Ayyyyyyyye girl!" Lady Foxglove said out loud.

Action: Dispel the unfashionable curse from myself by PURE WILLPOWER. Use Ravena's ear! Oh yeah DON'T FALL DOWN I'LL BE DIED

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: October 21, 2013, 05:56:39 pm »

"Well, at least the plants are dead."

Extinguish all my burning parts, and move away from the fire..
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 06:01:26 pm by Chink »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: October 21, 2013, 09:22:57 pm »

I’m going to try to be less silly than normal.
Health: The Vomiting! | Severed Guts! | Facial Fire!

(Don't change La, we love you)

"Errr... sorry?  Have these rocks?"

Give Bukkar the rocks.  Don't get hit too hard.  Self-extinguish.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: October 25, 2013, 05:37:41 am »

Darn, we still need Errol to post

I think all the plants are dead, right? If so, his actions are probably something like 'oh god uncurse and unfire myself oh god' like the rest of us.

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 118