Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 190936 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.73
« Reply #930 on: October 05, 2013, 09:28:08 pm »

((Well, sure.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: October 05, 2013, 09:30:08 pm »

((For now, prepare to be rammed and/or engage in one of those 'running on top of the barrel' sequences.
Also perhaps watch Bukkar assault Gervaddo should Ronardo be taken away.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: October 06, 2013, 02:35:21 am »

"Huzzah! Off to loot!"

Loot the place. Focus on minerals, raw materials and shiny things.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.74
« Reply #933 on: October 07, 2013, 03:25:02 pm »

Turn Seventy Four

Loot the place. Focus on minerals, raw materials and shiny things.

"Huzzah!" cries Medha, all but fainting with joy at her new chestbone, "Off to loot!"

...She potters about the charcoaled remains of the mining camp, and is almost pleased when she finds some coal, a six foot plank of wood, and a wheel barrow-load of iron ore.

Almost pleased.

Examine the scroll.

Accidentally bash into Tackov's legs at high speed. Accidentally laugh snidely as I accidentally steal the pick he picked up.

"Hmm," thinks Tackov, successfully examining the scroll, "Definitely a scroll. That's good."

He scratches behind his right ear with his forefinger for a second, gazing thoughtfully at a distant mountain and the wafting shadow of a passing cloud playing upon it.

"Gosh, wait, crikey!" ...he exclaims, turning the scroll over as a barrel rolls past him, ...steals a pickaxe from his pocket, and vomits profusely but thankfully not contagiously on his foot, "It's a scroll with writing on! If I remember correctly, that's the wording for the spell of Airfist I, one of my favourite spells!"

Action: Order the Dragon Skinner to collect my victory scales! He'll get to keep the bounty if he makes me a red dragonscale vest

The nearby Lady Foxglove is feeling less thoughtful, and more actionful. Or orderful. Or something.

"Dragon Skinner!" she shouts, in her most orderful voice, "Get to work! I want that beast's hide draping from my bosom by sundown!

Doctor, I order you to tell me why you are fire!

Water bucket man-you have a bucket of water, idiot! Use it on yourself!"

”I... the... er...” replies the doctor, unable to diagnose himself, but Lady Foxglove doesn't care. The dragon-skinner is working at a tremendous speed, and she is enthralled, enchanted, besotted by the red dragonscale vest she can see taking form before her very eyes.

"Crikey," she half-whispers, after making sure no one is within ear-range, "Gosh."

...Not long later, Lady Foxglove's lovely bosom is draped from top to... toe in luxurious red dragon-scale. She looks amazing.

She feels slightly more pleased with herself than usual, if such a thing is possible.

There's still dragon bits around, right? Get some dragon guts. Do a transplant on Tackov. We're ready to move onto the big leagues. Should Bukkar attempt funny business, offer his peasant an opportunity to become an esteemed nurse rather than stay in a dead-end position like pulling a belligerent, mostly drunk adventurer around.

"Roñardo," shouts Gervedder, not far off, "Roñardo!"

”Si, señor?”

"Roñardo, you like pulling the stinking gringo?"

”Si, señor.”

"Oh. Ok. Let's get these guts sorted out then, eh Tackov? Nothing to it, piece of cake compared to a full ribcage transplant. Sure I flicked past a page on the subject in me herbalist's 101."

He rummages around, ...successfully, for a convenient set of dragon's guts.

"Piece of cake? Flicked past? Herbalist's 101? 101?"

"Do not worry about this, my friend. Would I do something in which I had not complete faith? No, oh faithful wizard, I would not. Now, just lean back, like so, open up your lovely robe, and..."

A few minutes pass. Tackov wonders, to himself, what the sudden and hideous pain is. Probably just a routine part of the procedure, he decides.

"Almost done," says Gervedder. "Guts are all in place, just got to sew you back up."

"Ooh, tremendous, Doctor Gervedder! I feel... guttier already! Do they look good?"

"Well, Tackov, I think the scar will look nice and clean – good, if you will. But it's hard to tell if the guts will look good – they're an internal org-"

Gervedder shuts his eyes and sighs.

..."Crap."

External Guts Acquired: Tackov Cedtry: External Dragon Guts!

Roll around in the healing potion and try to absorb its while splashing it on everybody and everything.

"I love healing potions," says Whiz, also nearby, and also to himself, as he rolls about on his sopping wet rug. He picks it up, still dripping – literally pouring, in fact – and starts galloping around the site of the smouldering mining camp. He's so excited by the massive excess of healing potion that he strips entirely naked as he runs, soaking red rug in one hand, gleefully flung clothes briefly in the other, sprinting as hard as he can around the perimeter of the camp, whirling his healing potion-soaked carpet about his head, ...spraying highly flammable healing potion around the embers of the tents and huts, and into the dry pines separating the camp from the encroaching forest fire caused only last turn by Lady Foxglove's idiot bucket-carrier.

In seconds there is a wall of fire sixty foot tall surrounding the camp on three sides, with only the path back to the main trail seeming to offer any free passage and escape from the flames.

The smoke, although the adventurers wouldn't know, as they aren't dozens of miles away, can be seen from dozens of miles away.

Spoiler: GM’s notes (click to show/hide)
Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medha Correo, Errol (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 05:51:17 am by lawastooshort »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.74
« Reply #934 on: October 07, 2013, 03:30:15 pm »

"Perhaps we should abscond, now?"

Tackov looks down at his guts.  "You're a real piece of work, messenger."

Abscond with the group.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: October 07, 2013, 03:43:04 pm »

"You're a real piece of work, messenger."

"I'm afraid medicine is for me very much a matter of trial and error. It worked rather admirably on Medha, at any rate. In any case, let us abscond, yes."

Abscond deeper into uncharted lands. Look for a good spot next to a river or a brook that will hopefully be protected from the massive firestorm that will doubtlessly ensue.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: October 07, 2013, 04:32:56 pm »

Hm. RO~ ARDO! TO ME! TO ME! ROLL OUT!
                                     N

Abscond with faithful peasant. Glare nonfatally at Gervadder.
Sig! Onol

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: October 07, 2013, 10:53:53 pm »

Lady Foxglove smirksmiled. Dragonscales were such comfy padding...it was a bit tight around the chest, of course, but...intended feature. It was also quite warm, and she wondered if the scales perhaps had some magical defense against fire. Given her parties incendiary notions, that would be welcome.

Action: I'm too presentable to *abscond* like common riffraff-soar away majestically on squidback, hair flowing heroically in the breeze.
Additional Action: Save anyone who looks like they're about be burned up with heroic swooping.

((Also, no Dragon Vest in my inventory :P Saddwarmin is sad))
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 05:41:37 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: October 08, 2013, 04:43:09 am »

Hurry out of the firetrap!

...waaait a second. If I keep this cloak closed around the chest region... and add a bit of equalizing padding here and there... it almost looks like I have a cup size to speak of?! This will require further investigation!

It's kinda itchy, though. And could use some downsizing here and there...
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: October 08, 2013, 05:40:00 am »

((Yes, an oddly burning fire to channel us into a single direction, isn't it? :P Must be an evil warlock nearby...))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: October 08, 2013, 11:41:40 am »

"Feck."

Flee shamelessly!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.75
« Reply #941 on: October 10, 2013, 02:26:01 pm »

Turn Seventy Five

Quote from: the group
Abscond with the group.

"Feck."

"Perhaps we should abscond, now?"

"Run away! Run away!"

Hm. ROÑARDO! TO ME! TO ME! ROLL OUT!

”Si, señor Crangrom el fantastico vomitissimo! Si!”

The group flee, shamelessly, absconding deeper into uncharted lands along the well-beaten trail into the mountains, Lady Foxglove ogling herself as they go, from time to time swooping down as one of her useless companions trips ever so slightly, soaring majestically with her marvellous hair flowing out behind her like a glorious and particularly silky kite's tail.

After a hard hour or so of fleeing, shamelessly and noisily uphill, the group stop, out of breath and panting; except, of course, for Bukkar – quite possibly dozing in his metal barrel – and Lady Foxglove, as composed as a rather good letter atop her floaty breeze.

Seeing Medha standing there, trying to surreptitiously stuff bits of moss and stones and other makeshift padding down her top to bulk out her new ribcage reminds Lady Foxglove, and she stares down admiringly at her tight fitting dragonscale vest. She looks so amazing, she realises, that it's a wonder she doesn't seduce herself by accident every time she looks in a mirror.

As she muses, Whiz, as hapless as ever and, of course, a little more tired than the rest as he's misplaced his serf and has had to flee with his own actual legs, leans against the nearby rock face, and is really quite surprised to find himself falling into it.

Outside, Gervedder looks first into the dark tunnel that's just been revealed to the panty sixsome and then at the vast mountain towering above them. The party are, it seems, on an off-shoot of the main trail into the mountains, on the way up and onwards to a minor pass and, here, on a short section of flattened path beside a sheer cliff.

He stares up again.

It certainly looks like the biggest mountain around.

He gazes down into the valleys below. The raging firestorm is really quite impressive.

He feels like he's being watched, and as his eyes come to rest on the nearby metal barrel, being fed scraps of trail ration by the faithful Roñardo, he realises he is.

Spoiler: GM’s notes (click to show/hide)
Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medha Correo, Errol (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.75
« Reply #942 on: October 10, 2013, 02:28:39 pm »

Rest a moment, then examine the area for any rare plants.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: October 10, 2013, 02:35:39 pm »

Begin mining the mountain Look around for rare metals using my pick.
Sig! Onol

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: October 10, 2013, 02:44:20 pm »

Rest.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 118