Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 191402 times)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.16 - Plus New Drugs Listing!
« Reply #285 on: May 16, 2013, 09:39:06 am »

Continue being amused with Tackov's situation until the joke wears thin. Then, toss him a bandage and watch his attempts at stopping the sanguine tides, which should no doubts also be amusing. Also, collect his blood. You never know when you need the blood of a virgin.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 16, 2013, 09:52:11 am »

"Ah. So there are indeed traps in the area. Looks like our quarry is a paranoid sort after all."

Go to the room with that old bleeder Tackov, take a look at the trap the fellas triggered from a low position, such as lying down on the ground. See how the trap was triggered (pressure plate, tripwire, magical) and look where the needles shot out of. Make mental notes of the trap's construction and so forth.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 16, 2013, 12:38:38 pm »

"See, now that's a fair trade.  As much blood as you can scrape off for a bandage.  Ow, by the way.  This really does hurt."

Bandage self!  Loot the mystery potion if no one else wants it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 17, 2013, 12:43:12 am »

Bukkar, seeing an opportunity for loot, challenges Tackov to an arm wrestling match for the mystery potion.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.17
« Reply #289 on: May 17, 2013, 04:37:43 am »

Turn Seventeen

Take the Mana, Health, and Strength(?) potions, leaving the mystery one for whoever wants it.

Whiz ignores his bleeding comrade, makes a few notes in his potion-tasting diary, and adds the three best looking ones to his inventory without suffering any clothing related mishap or setting himself on fire.

Continue being amused with Tackov's situation until the joke wears thin. Then, toss him a bandage and watch his attempts at stopping the sanguine tides, which should no doubts also be amusing. Also, collect his blood. You never know when you need the blood of a virgin.

Whilst Whiz fills his pockets, Medha laughs and laughs and laughs at Tackov before standing behind him and reaching around under his chin with an unstoppered potion bottle, collecting his dripping faceblood.

She then throws a bandage helpfully in his eyes and wanders out the room, sniffing the bottle in a peculiar way.

”Mmmmm… faceblood…”

Go to the room with that old bleeder Tackov, take a look at the trap the fellas triggered from a low position, such as lying down on the ground. See how the trap was triggered (pressure plate, tripwire, magical) and look where the needles shot out of. Make mental notes of the trap's construction and so forth.

Lying down on the ground and then carefully examining the wall, Gervedder comes to the conclusion that the trap guarding the potion shelf was magically triggered – some form of magical tripwire at about chest height firing off a magazine of needles concealed in the wall. It seems that the needles probably need to be manually reloaded.

The firing mechanism itself seems to be a bit of old crossbow hidden in the wall and covered over with paint; beneath are four faint marks tracing along the floor to the door.

It’s a simple trap, but effective and with a fairly advanced magical trigger system.

Bandage self!  Loot the mystery potion if no one else wants it.

Bukkar, seeing an opportunity for loot, challenges Tackov to an arm wrestling match for the mystery potion.

When Medha’s left him alone, Tackov, calmer than he was one shrieking turn ago, bandages himself with considerable efficiency. He wipes his eyes to find Bukkar Crangrom standing before him.

”Me want potion! You want potion! Rawwggtr!”

”I beg your pardon?”

”Let’s have an arm wrestle to decide the ownership of yonder potion!”

”Ohhh. Ok then.”

As Lady Foxglove waits impatiently in the other room with her foot in the air, Tackov and Bukkar overturn a conveniently nearby chair and sit down opposite each other, elbows resting on the chair’s bottom.

Whiz officiates.

Bukkar strains.

Tackov grunts.

The musty smell of masculine ownership decision making fills the air.

It’s a draw!

Action: Action kick open that unopened door!

Suddenly the cheers of sporting achievement and brotherly love are interrupted by a loud bang and even louder violent noises from the room next door.

Lady Foxglove is swearing at the wooden door!

”Bloody! Stupid! Open! UUGNNNNNG!”

The banging is repeated.

So too is the swearing.

And then comes some frustrated doorknob yanking.

And then, after several increasingly highpitched words that make even Bukkar blush, the door bursts open, flinging Lady Foxglove Vainglorious III into the room beyond.

It’s bigger than the other two rooms combined, with a door to the south east and a kind of portcullis to the north east. There are stacks of crates strewn about, a stool, a few cages here and there containing tormented looking rats – some of whom are abnormally large and many of whom have more than the average number of limbs – and in one corner of the room stand two grown men, a small boy, a particularly large toad, and the occasional mutant rat corpse. The boy must be four at most. The four are staring at Lady Foxglove.

”Why, hello boys… and… toads?”

”Shit! Grab’im, grab’im!”

The taller of the two men grabs the boy and runs towards the south eastern door after the other man, who tries to open it.

It seems jammed.

He kicks it.

It is jammed.

”Balls – deal with’er, Gerty, I’ll get this!”

The second man draws a curved sword and turns to Lady Foxglove as the man carrying the boy under his arm starts shouting at the boy to open the bloody door open the bloody door ouch yer little brat!

The boy bites the man on the arm.

”I DON’T WANNOOO!”

The particularly large toad charges at Lady Foxglove.

Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)

Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medha Correo, Errol (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 04:40:15 am by lawastooshort »

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.17
« Reply #290 on: May 17, 2013, 05:08:37 am »

Sneak up behind Foxglove and into the room. Unload tripping curse on the pedo-kidnapper, taunt him, and casually investigate the rest of the room (not-so-casually running if he comes at me...)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 11:00:20 am by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 17, 2013, 05:28:29 am »

Lady Foxglove really wished at that moment she had some fool of a meatshield to stand in front of her and take hits...they were always so stupid, yet so handsome.

As it was, she was still limber from her exercise and ready to engage in some of her own fancy heroic improbable dodging skills. Hopefully her useless teammates would be able to help.

She engaged her mouth in quip combat.

"I can't tell which of you is uglier, the toad or the man. I've seen better swords in a toy chest, are you going to hit me with that before it falls out of it's hilt? Honestly, face the right way at least-I can't tell if that's your face or your ass.

Also, Gerty is a girls name. Loser."

Action: Concentrate on avoiding the dual charges, roundhousing anyone in the face who gets close to me. Use insulting quips of course, and gracefully dodge their enraged attacks.

((Note, I'm not actually attacking this round, just defending and possibly countering against the onslaught.
I believe my honey tongued bonus should help here...))
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 05:30:02 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 17, 2013, 05:34:45 am »

"Magical tripwires. Damn it all. Note to self, obtain magical goggles or something."

Go and see what all the fuss is about in the next room. If there's any way I can shoot the toad without too much of a risk of hitting Foxglove, do so. Don't move in front of her heroically, though. That wouldn't be the best idea.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 17, 2013, 08:44:20 am »

"What was that?"

Look through the door of the other room. Attack any hostiles that appear to be headed my way.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 17, 2013, 10:03:46 am »

Tackov, hearing the shouting, looks up.

"Well matched, Mr. Crangrom.  Why don't you grab it while we go see what's going on?"

Yield potion and investigate disturbance.  Wind Blast anyone attacking party members into anyone else attacking party members.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 17, 2013, 10:07:09 am »

Tackov, hearing the shouting, looks up.

"Well matched, Mr. Crangrom.  Why don't you grab it while we go see what's going on?"

Yield potion and investigate disturbance.  Wind Blast anyone attacking party members into anyone else attacking party members.

((How come I get the bad feeling that's going to be read as 'wind blast any party members into anyone attacking party members' or 'wind blast attacking party members into other attacking party members'))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 17, 2013, 12:00:08 pm »

Good match there, spindly.

Accept potion. Lean back against wall and watch party members fight. Comment derisively on technique.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 17, 2013, 12:11:44 pm »

((How come I get the bad feeling that's going to be read as 'wind blast any party members into anyone attacking party members' or 'wind blast attacking party members into other attacking party members'))

If we're lucky!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.18
« Reply #298 on: May 19, 2013, 03:04:59 pm »

Turn Eighteen

Quote from: Respectable Jones
Charge the enemy!

"I can't tell which of you is uglier, the toad or the man. I've seen better swords in a toy chest, are you going to hit me with that before it falls out of its hilt? Honestly, face the right way at least-I can't tell if that's your face or your ass."

The toad, already exceedingly angry, continues its charge at Lady Foxglove, hopping furiously across the warm stone floor and smacking its head against her foot a bit.

It certainly isn’t painful; it does though risk causing a slight distraction as Lady Foxglove thinks up a witty one liner about toads licking her boots again. She steps gracefully out of the way as she considers.

Quote from: Gerty Jones
Charge the enemy!

But there’s no time! Gerty Jones, the toad’s despondent brother, swings his cutlass and charges at Lady Foxglove slicing her horrifically in the guts and smashing her to the floor!

Wound Acquired: Lady Foxglove Vainglorious III: Slashed Guts!

Sneak up behind Foxglove and into the room. Unload all curses on the pedo-kidnapper, taunt him, and run. Or stab, if it's looking up for us...

Seeing the brutal bloody slaughter as she appears in the doorway, Mehda is so appallingly shocked she’s lost for words!

She tries to curse the fleeing kidnapper, ...but only manages to deliver a crude stream of sexual swearwords in a selection of infernal languages.

She turns and runs!

Action: Concentrate on avoiding the dual charges, roundhousing anyone in the face who gets close to me. Use insulting quips of course, and gracefully dodge their enraged attacks.

Tis but a flesh wound, signals Lady Foxglove’s guts to Lady Foxglove’s pride, let not it stop you from your withering verbal assault! Up and at ‘em, dear girl!

"Er. Where was I? Ah yes. Also, Gerty is a girl’s name. Loser."

”Noooooooooooo!”

Lady Foxglove seems to have hit the poor chap’s sore spot!

”Noooooooooooooooooo! It’s a MAN’S name! Just like my dear papa!”

Gerty sinks to the floor, bawling his eyes out and wailing about his dear pops and how it was only the once that he wore a dress, he swore it, and that he didn’t like wearing women’s-

Suddenly Lady Foxglove roundhouses him in the face!

But she misses, and is condemned to listening to Gerty’s despair another whole turn.

Accept potion. Lean back against wall and watch party members fight. Comment derisively on technique.

”That sucked, Lady F!” shouts Bukkar, appearing in the doorway. He slopes into the room and leans against the wall whilst taking a cigarette out of his chest pocket. He taps it down against the box a couple times.

”What you should have done was, like, not miss! And, you know, maybe hit him! Durrrr!”

Tackov Cedtry, Soon-to-be-Level-Two Wind Mage strides into the room – manfully, like a man who has just participated in the noble manly rite of arm-wrestling should, and purposefully, like someone who has just heard a disturbance and is about to wind blast someone into the ceiling whilst investigating it might.

He surveys the scene of bloody chaos.

There, on the floor, lies Lady Foxglove Vainglorious III, bleeding severely. On her left stands Bukkar Crangrom, snorting derisively at her every move. On her right stands a toad, trying to headbutt her boot. And before her weeps Gerty Jones, erstwhile attacker and current disturbed flashback-about-that-time-he-caught-his-dad-crossdressing sufferer.

There is but one thing to do.

...Tackov Cedtry wind blasts Gerty Jones smack bang into the ceiling with sickening force!

Gerty Jones falls crack splat onto Respectable Jones the Toad with gut-wrenching velocity!

Bukkar Crangrom's derisive commentary ceases!

Wound Acquired: Gerty Jones: Broken Legs!

Wound Acquired: Gerty Jones: Bruised Arms!

Wound Acquired: Gerty Jones: Bruised Guts!

Wound Acquired: Gerty Jones: Broken Head!

Wound Acquired: Respectable Jones: Damaged Legs!

Wound Acquired: Respectable Jones: Broken Guts!

Wound Acquired: Respectable Jones: Slight Chest Pain!

Quote from: Tiny Arnold
Get the door open!

...As Bukkar wonders what to say, Tiny Arnold finally manages to overcome the magic blocking the door, wrenches it open, and sprints away as fast as kidnapping a four year old allows him to.

As he slips through the doorway, he literally disappears from sight – immediately after quaffing down what looks suspiciously like a potion in his free hand. Perhaps there's a connection.

Unfortunately for him the small child does not also turn invisible and proceeds to disappear sideways through the doorway about four feet above the ground.

Go and see what all the fuss is about in the next room. If there's any way I can shoot the toad without too much of a risk of hitting Foxglove, do so. Don't move in front of her heroically, though. That wouldn't be the best idea.

Half a second after Tiny Arnold disappears, Gervedder appears in the room he just left. He sees a squashed and broken gutted toad on the floor. ...He shoots it at point blank range in the leg.

Wound Acquired: Respectable Jones: Heavy Bleeding!

Look through the door of the other room. Attack any hostiles that appear to be headed my way.

Quote from: Small boy
Scream!

Finally Whiz peers in, sees no hostiles heading his way, and goes back to making notes in his Drug Diary.

He wonders what that screaming noise is from the other room.

It sounds quite like a small boy screaming.

Something about put me down and I want my milk and you fecking eejit, I'll turn you into a fecking toad too when I've had my nap, you fecking fecker!

Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)

Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medha Correo, Errol (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gerty, Hired Thug (click to show/hide)

edit: haha never saw that there were two maps oops
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 02:41:09 am by lawastooshort »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.18
« Reply #299 on: May 19, 2013, 03:24:59 pm »

"Very good job there, Tackov. Now, somebody probably should attend to Adelige while we take down the kidnapper unless she protests."

Run to where Tiny Arnold went, using the kid as a location device of sorts. When I see where he's supposed to be, run at him and yell as intimidatingly as possible to stop right there and not move a muscle. Should this work, shoot where his knees should be.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 03:29:35 pm by Harry Baldman »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 118