Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 191420 times)

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.12
« Reply #240 on: May 13, 2013, 08:47:03 am »

Is this far enough, Tackov?

Shoot it again, but stay just out of its reach.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 09:24:00 am by Chink »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 13, 2013, 09:01:21 am »

Gervedder, noticing Whiz off in the distance, offers an observation.

"Not to spoil the interesting maneuver you are about to attempt, but perhaps you should not fire at this creature from a distance you can easily miss from while at least three of us are within close enough range of it to be easily hit by a missed-enough shot? Merely an observation, you understand."

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 13, 2013, 09:22:34 am »

Gervedder, noticing Whiz off in the distance, offers an observation.

"Not to spoil the interesting maneuver you are about to attempt, but perhaps you should not fire at this creature from a distance you can easily miss from while at least three of us are within close enough range of it to be easily hit by a missed-enough shot? Merely an observation, you understand."
"That is true, I suppose."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 13, 2013, 06:06:36 pm »

ARG! You son the of bitch!

LIGHTNING FISTINATE THE DRUNKARD
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 14, 2013, 01:59:56 am »

Stabbinate rat thing while it's down!
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.13
« Reply #245 on: May 14, 2013, 06:30:04 am »

Turn Thirteen

Action: Kick the fungus in the crotch and escape its grip! No touching!

Unwanted attention? Throttling hugs? Inappropriately groping fungus? No problem! Lady Foxglove Vainglorious III has faced many a worse foe in her time!

She kicks the fungus in the crotch even as it tries to squeeze the life out of her: it lets out a howl of pain and drops her to the floor!

She rolls away making sure not to touch the hideous fiend!

Severe Pain Acquired: Super Fungus: Severe Crotch Pain!

SISSY SLAP FIGHT some more!

"Come at me, fungus!" cries Tackov, jumping back to his feet, "Fight me like a man!"

Tackov wildly waves his fingers up and down towards where he suspects the mushroom’s face might be, managing to unbalance himself like a rotting pancake and collapse once more to the floor, where the superfungus this time successfully kicks him in return, striking him in the chest with a well-aimed kick, fracturing his ribs!

Wound Acquired: Tackov Cedtry: Fractured Ribs!

Shoot it again, but stay just out of its reach.

”Is this far enough, Tackov?” asks Whiz, retreating to a grand total of nearly six feet this time and strongly resisting the urge to dispense retaliatory advice to his fellow wizard on the correct way to operate a slap.

He raises the crossbow again, and shoots, and pierces the enemy in the abdomen! Heavy Bleeding spurts out!

Load crossbow, quietly sneak up to megafungus and shoot it in the back from point-blank range with said loaded crossbow, then retreat back, hopefully harming it or attracting its attention enough for it to turn its back on Bukkar.

Tremendously inspired, Gervedder the Brave sneaks around to the back of the megafungus, aims his crossbow at the back of its head, and pulls the trigger.

The messenger is spattered with all sorts of megafungus brain! The skull is pierced! A tendon in the brain is torn! The brain is… wait. The brain?

Gervedder stops his mini-victory dance to wipe the great quantities of megafungus Very Heavy Bleeding from his face. Blood pours from where the bolt sticks out of the back of the megafungus, but as he watches the bolt seems to be sucked into the brainflesh of the giant mould: the blood, however, continues to pour.

The megafungus appears to wheeze; it appears heavily wounded, but not yet defeated. If only it had a brain.

Its attention is thoroughly attracted though: it spins and thrusts forward in a feeble attack to grasp its latest attacker before blindly aiming an equally ineffective kick.

LIGHTNING FISTINATE THE DRUNKARD

”ARG!” realises Bukkar, ”You son the of bitch!”

Crouching down and suddenly leaping up, his fist bursts upwards in an explosion of fist and chin, inflicting severe pain back on the drunkard, not to mention a serious case of lightning! The lightning arcs slowly in the air as if it’s about to hit the megafungus too, but it doesn’t.

Lightninged almost to death, the drunkard flees up the stairs, nimbly negotiating the blood-slicked stone and disappearing into the light.

Stabbinate rat thing while it's down!

Elsewhere, Medha is trapped in her own private battle of incompetence with the rattipede. Like an incompetence-off. She bends down to stabbify it. She trips over. She fumbles her sacrificial knife and slices her own hand open. She rolls about on the floor as the rattipede climbs onto her and chews what remains of her clothes.

Medha swats it off, sending it flying and crashing against the wall a couple of feet away; it lands and arches its back, hissing.

Wound Acquired: Medha Correo: Cut Hand!

Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)

Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medha Correo, Errol (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 06:34:20 am by lawastooshort »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.13
« Reply #246 on: May 14, 2013, 07:31:12 am »

Certainly the strangest creature he has ever seen, Gervedder thinks as he looks at the blood spurting out of the fungus. Then again, it's most probably made of magic and thus can freely violate most rules of conventional anatomy. Also, this probably is working to his advantage.

Step out of the fungus' immediate grabbing range, then shoot it in whatever provides it with locomotion.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 14, 2013, 08:14:46 am »

Go cry in the corner  SISSY SLAP FIGHT AGAIN!  Because what are the odds of me rolling natural 1 again*?

"This fungus is quite the melee expert!"

*1/36, since the previous two are already a sure thing.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 14, 2013, 08:33:11 am »

*1/36, since the previous two are already a sure thing.

I should clarify - combat rolls are just 1d6 vs 1d6, not 2d6, otherwise there'd be so many average rolls that no one would ever damage anyone. 2d6 is for general/skill rolls so as to minimise extreme failures and successes (amongst other reasons). Sorry if this either wasn't clear or I've misunderstood.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 14, 2013, 09:40:31 am »

Shoot it again.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 14, 2013, 10:03:36 am »

A martial artist fungus with working Humanoid anatomy but no brain? Lady Foxglove thought she had read about one of these creatures somewhere before...

She pulled out her crossbow, intent upon killing the disgusting creature.

Action: Five foot step out of the fungus reach to avoid an attack of opportunity, and send it to Fungus Hell riding on one of my crossbow bolts!

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 14, 2013, 10:13:30 am »

Right, then. I suppose I should help you lot out.

FUNGUS PUNCH!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 14, 2013, 10:56:21 am »

Curse of the Fool, meet Rattipede. Rattipede, meet Curse of the Fool. Then run until the rattipede trips. Then, STABBINATION GO.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 14, 2013, 01:44:06 pm »

Oh, well, that's not quite so bad then.   1.12 was still pretty awful, though.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.14
« Reply #254 on: May 14, 2013, 04:06:56 pm »

Turn Fourteen

FUNGUS PUNCH!

"Right, then,"  announces Bukkar Crangrom, Rage of Mage, Fist of Fury, Foot of Fear, "I suppose I should help you lot out."

...Advancing menacingly upon the mushroom, Bukkar throws a vicious punch at its midriff which is so feeble, so puny, so... so dainty that it almost seems as if the megafungus regenerates hitpoints before the adventurers' astounded and horrified eyes.

Shoot it again.

...Whiz the Wizard does better: he forces the megafungus to duck out of the way of a bolt headed straight between its beady little fungussy eyes!

But duck it does, and the bolt shatters harmlessly against the stone wall behind.

SISSY SLAP FIGHT AGAIN!

"This fungus is quite the all-round close combat expert!" observes Tackov. "I think it knows judo or something."

Not having failed enough for another attempt to count as being of doubtful mind but rather as fantastical heroism that, if he survives, Tackov will be able to tell his grandchildren about, the Wind Mage steps up to the supermushroom, slaps it right in the cheek, ...and causes it quite a nasty bruise! Honour is retored! Justice is served! Revenge is had!

Step out of the fungus' immediate grabbing range, then shoot it in whatever provides it with locomotion.

The dripping fungal fluid sticks in Gervedder's unfortunate eyes and, stepping back out of the mushroom's range, he pulls the trigger of his crossbow and shoots ...Lady Foxglove in the foot.

He gasps.

She swears.

The megafungus takes advantage of the confusion and strikes back, ...some unseen flash of appendage spanking Gervedder right in the guts, spraining them and sending the poor man flying to the floor!

Wound Acquired: Gervedder Vietzo: Sprained Guts!

Wound Acquired: Lady Foxglove Vainglorious III: Pierced Foot!

Action: Five foot step out of the fungus reach to avoid an attack of opportunity, and send it to Fungus Hell riding on one of my crossbow bolts!

She might be bleeding out of one of her lovely and relatively new boots, she might be nearly as enraged as their permaraged Mage of Rage, she might have just noticed a slight fungal stain on her new shirt: Lady Foxglove Vainglorious III isn't going to let a megafungus and her incompetent adventuring band double-team her to death! No! She didn't spend days hunting in the semi-savage forests of Nefolia with that dull brute Baron von Eisnecker for nothing! Well, not for just that one thing. Well, not- gah! She knows what she means. Sometimes, she says to herself, if you want something-

After possibly several minutes of internal monologue, Tackov discreetly coughs, bringing Lady FV3 back to the present.

She raises the crossbow to the fungus's head, aims, and ...shoots its brains out.

"Wait..." she realises, "They don't have brains. Not you," she politely adds, waving dismissively towards her companions, "This... this thing... Oh... it does have a lot of blood though. Gosh."

The megafungus lets out a mournful death rattle and collapses to the floor in a vast pool of dark mushroom blood.

Curse of the Fool, meet Rattipede. Rattipede, meet Curse of the Fool. Then run until the rattipede trips. Then, STABBINATION GO.

...Still on her own, bravely battling against the mutant centi-rat, Medha jumps to her feet, calls the rattipede an idiot in some foul and blackened tongue, and flees.

...She gets as far as the last corner before the rattipede trips over in a blur of left foot. ...She pounces, stabbinating every single leg off in an uncontrollable fit of bloodlust and covering the corridor in... leg and blood and the occasional knee and here and there bits of ankle.

The rattipede doesn't seem to be moving much anymore.

Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)

Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medha Correo, Errol (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 118