Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 190524 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - 1.125
« Reply #1710 on: December 19, 2014, 03:26:32 pm »

Careful what you ask for, lest you become Babyglove.

((Worth the risk!))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: December 19, 2014, 03:31:23 pm »

Spoiler: Soon. (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: December 19, 2014, 03:34:39 pm »

((Given I can't really speak and/or do anything in my current form, anything worse would be by definition no real change. :P))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - 1.126
« Reply #1713 on: December 20, 2014, 04:53:32 pm »

Turn One Hundred and Twenty Six

Level Four of the Temple of Sef

Be towed.  Attempt to cover baldness with a Dronebongo toupee.  Make sure it has something to eat.

Tackov, for those of us with an attention span that doesn't reach back to... was it Thursday? I think it was. Anyway – he's tied to Gervedder's back, and being dragged along, so he tries to just sit there and enjoy the ride, so to speak, except it doesn't quite work out like that, because Gervedder's stopped.

Instead the wizard remembers he has suddenly turned bald – traditionally a shameful genetic malfunction in his country of origin, a shame that can only be washed away by wearing a tambourine upon one's head – but luckily Tackov just so happens to have a tambourine in his inventory!

...But Dronebongo the Tambourine liketh not the smell of singed hair, and the very second Tackov finally manages to balance him upon his head, he leaps off again, chittering away into the darkness.

Stop.

Use Tackov's rag thing that's blinding me to cover myself up. Seems like a reasonable enough idea at the moment.

Then watch out for traps.

...Meanwhile, Gervedder has stopped so hard that he actually starts going backwards, but nothing bad happens, ...apart from his being unable to untie Tackov's loincloth from around his face, and so remaining quite practically blind, and mildly worried about where yon loincloth might well have been before, and if it has been washed or not since it went there. It doesn't smell like it's been washed recently.

...He watches out carefully for traps nevertheless.

Action: Can I get my own human body to go with the human hair, minus the wool? Preferably a body a few years younger, a few meaning four years exactly.

”WHY, YES, OKAY. WHY NOT. COULD PROBABLY DO WITH A BIT OF FIRMING UP AS WELL, EH, IF YOU DON'T MIND MY SAYING SO.”

...There's a dramatic flash, and Lady Woolsheep disappears in a puff of smoke, and a slightly younger- and discernibly firmer-bodied Lady Foxglove appears in her place. She huffs once or twice and arranges her hair slightly, possibly to check it's actually there. She looks round once or twice to see that no one's particularly paying attention, and pokes her buttock.

"Yes!" shouted Sylvanna cheerfully, apparently not quite catching on that that was a bad thing. "Are you here to help me pilfer things?"

...”WELL, YES, ACTUALLY. I WAS LOOKING FOR A BAND OF ADVENTURERS TO COME TO HELL WITH ME TO STEA- ER TO TAKE BACK SOMETHING THAT IS TOTALLY RIGHTFULLY MINE. THAT'S WHAT I WAS DOING ROUND HERE ACTUALLY. LOOKING FOR A BAND OF ADVENTURERS. FANCY IT?”

Current Marching Order:
Bukkar's head; Gervedder; Tackov; Whiz; Bukkar; Lady Foxglove; Sylvanna.

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: December 20, 2014, 04:55:44 pm »

Drop Tackov for a moment and stop going backwards as well.

Unblind self. Free self from loincloth imprisonment.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: December 20, 2014, 05:01:52 pm »

Drop Tackov for a moment and stop going backwards as well.

Unblind self. Free self from loincloth imprisonment.

((You get a bonus turn as I just realised we've been doing this for a year and two thirds. Goodness.))

...Gervedder's had enough of carrying a naked eejit on his back, and, with a fit of competence, slices neatly through the ropes holding Tackov to him with his axe. Tackov falls off with a bump, and Gervedder puts his axe away, all the better to concentrate on taking the wizard's loincloth off his face. ...Now he's got two free hands, he manages perfectly well, and can now take in the glorious vista of the very dark corridor ahead.

Actually, not all of it's dark - the bit where Bukkar's flaming head is, a couple of dozen metres in front, seems to be quite well illuminated. The bit around Gervedder's flaming axe is too. Suppose we just say that most of the corridor is very dark, and bits of it are an atmospheric flickering dingy red.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - 1.126
« Reply #1716 on: December 20, 2014, 05:04:36 pm »

"Finally, things seem to have experienced improvement. Though we are still in dire straits. We are, are we not?"

Look around. Examine each of my party members and assess current state. Try to regroup, especially paying attention to regrouping Bukkar and his head.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: December 20, 2014, 05:21:18 pm »

((Dammit I thought I posted my action! I was gonna light Sheepglove on fire :( ))

Contemplate piercinggroinalheadkneestonefacebutting God in the face. Do so if it seems reasonable to do.

Then go find my head again.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: December 20, 2014, 05:27:27 pm »

"ABSOLUTELY! When do we start? Immediately? Is it immediately?"

Agree immediately and on behalf of everyone to mysterious Faustian pact with unknown power.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: December 20, 2014, 09:52:25 pm »

"Blimey!"

Grab robe back from Gerdevver and...

... I put on my robe and wizard hat.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: December 20, 2014, 11:14:33 pm »

"Well, that certainly sounds reasonable, and not at all suspicious."

Recklessly accept God's offer.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: December 21, 2014, 03:00:11 pm »

Freshly firmed and rebelliously young, Lady Foxglove laughs.

"The fires of Hell cannot daunt us. Let's go~!" She says, testing out her new heroic voice.

Sadly, it seems to have dropped an octave...still, she reckons through the obscure arcane mechanics of spacey-timey-deus-ex-machin-ey she's only lost a year and two thirds of her life, in return for about four years, which puts her firmly in the black. She should really be celebrating...

"...Dance with me, Whiz!" She says impulsively. Fox can't quite remember why acting on pure impulse is a bad thing-she's a lot less responsible now.

Shut up, that's why!

Action: To Hell's Heart I say! Whiz Dance!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: December 29, 2014, 11:41:43 am »

((I'm glad we're all in favor of going to Hell!))

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: January 01, 2015, 11:04:39 am »

Happy new year everyone! Let's hope for more regular, coherent, and entertaining updates this year!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - 1.127
« Reply #1724 on: January 05, 2015, 09:20:46 am »

Turn One Hundred and Twenty Seven

Level Four of the Temple of Sef

Grab robe back from Gerdevver and...

... I put on my robe and wizard hat.

"Blimey!" says Tackov, to himself, making himself decent again whilst his comrades recklessly agree to go to Hell. In short order the wizard is fully clothed and ready for anything. He suddenly notices Gervedder inspecting him. Examining him, even.

Look around. Examine each of my party members and assess current state. Try to regroup, especially paying attention to regrouping Bukkar and his head.

"Finally, things seem to have experienced improvement. Though we are still in dire straits. We are, are we not?"

Looking around, Gervedder first examines the unusually dressed Tackov, and then proceeds onto examinations of the rest of his band. He stops in front of Bukkar, feeling that something isn’t quite right. It isn’t. Bukkar doesn’t look particularly angry, which Gervedder puts down to his having no face to express anger with, which is because he has no head to have a face with, which is because it’s recently rolled down the corridor, on fire.

Which is good, because it makes it easy to find in the dark, but bad, because Gervedder has no intention of setting his hands on fire, so the only way of transporting it back to Bukkar is to gently kick it back up the corridor towards him, trying to ignore the torrent of abuse that results.

But it works!

How to reconnect a burning Bukkar to Bukkar’s burning head without catching fire is quite a conundrum though. The master surgeon stops to have a think.

Contemplate piercinggroinalheadkneestonefacebutting God in the face. Do so if it seems reasonable to do.

Then go find my head again.

Bukkar also stops to have a think – he thinks about whether or not he should head butt God in the face with his groin, and whether or not it’s a reaso-

”JUST YOU TRY IT, BUNGHOLE. DON’T YOU KNOW I AM OMINISCIENT?”

”Eh? Like a badger?”

”WHAT?”

”A badger. They’re kind of black and white and vicious little bugg-”

”I KNOW WHAT A BADGER IS, EEJIT. I DIDN’T KNOW THEY WERE OMNISCIENT. WHICH IS STRANGE. YOU HAVE MADE ME DOUBT MYSELF. YOU HAVE TAUGHT ME SOMETHING, SO I SHALL FORGIVE YOU FOR CONSIDERING HEAD BUTTING ME WITH YOUR GROI - OW! YOU LITTLE SHIT, I’LL ‘AVE YOU.”

Just as God was contemplating the new reality of omniscient badgers, Bukkar head butts him in the face! With his groin! Which fecks God right off, so he smacks Bukkar in the guts, knocking him to the ground, whereon he collides heavily with his head, whereupon there is an ominous click, which is actually a joyous click, it being the click of a head reconnecting sturdily with a body! Yay!

Reduced in hit points, but increased in attached heads, Bukkar leaps back to his feet, fists raised and ready for the fight.

But alas, for God has moved on.

Agree immediately and on behalf of everyone to mysterious Faustian pact with unknown power.

Recklessly accept God's offer.

Freshly firmed and rebelliously young, Lady Foxglove laughs.
Action: To Hell's Heart I say! Whiz Dance!

Hell

Suddenly, the six adventurers and their various followers disappear from the Temple of Sef in an overly dramatic flash and burst of smoke. They feel a bit strange for what must be less than even half a second, and suddenly, like opening their eyes, they are elsewhere.

They look around.

There is Tackov, the wizard, hiding his baldness under his wizard’s hat. There is Whiz, also a wizard, and somewhat mummified, and dancing with the young and firm Lady Foxglove. There is the Naked Messenger, Gervedder the Tall. There is Bukkar the Internally and Externally Burning – internally with anger and fury, externally with flames. And then there is Sylvanna the Felonious, who externally and comparatively looks mostly normal.

Her golems of Tax Collector and Sheepass kind of make up for that though.

Finally, there is also the Deity who answers to the name of God, Jack the Hippo, Lord Squid, and the Tambourine of Death.

About this merry band there seems to be a beige stairwell.

To the east, there are steps going up, and steps going down. To the west there is a beige wall.

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 118