Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 190509 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.3
« Reply #135 on: May 01, 2013, 03:13:14 am »

”Ah… Wizards, eh. Well, I’m just a travelling fighting captain, but perhaps someone back in Nirila itself might know of… wizard items… You know, scratch my back and all that. There’s doubtless backs in the town to scratch. Help me hunt down these scrotey kobolds and I’ll take you there directly. You’re all tall types, you can probably run them down like dogs and then we can make hay with two stones, as they say, eh? You see the smoke to the north? That’s Megden, an inconsequential little village. Me and my men’ll head there to cut them off, your Ladyship and your guards can chase them down to the east that way, and we’ll meet in Megden before dawn. There’s… there’s an inn there where we could take refreshments and a good proper breakfast."

"I’ll offer you breakfast, five Yuros per kobold ear, and an introduction to Lord Anarya,”
he finishes, bowing deeply and sweeping his hat of his head. Suddenly he remembers to add, with a red-faced wink,

”Oh yes, and a nice cup of tea in my quarters, if you’d do me the honour, Lady Foxglove… It’s not often we have real ladies round these parts…”

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 01, 2013, 03:28:00 am »

Lady Foxglove knocks Bukkar aside with one of shapely hips.

"Well, what royal meatshield there said is essentially correct-we're on a quest of great Importance to save Istria itself-I know every Hero says that, but in our case it's totally true!"

”Ah… Wizards, eh. Well, I’m just a travelling fighting captain, but perhaps someone back in Nirila itself might know of… wizard items… You know, scratch my back and all that. There’s doubtless backs in the town to scratch. Help me hunt down these scrotey kobolds and I’ll take you there directly. You’re all tall types, you can probably run them down like dogs and then we can make hay with two stones, as they say, eh? You see the smoke to the north? That’s Megden, an inconsequential little village. Me and my men’ll head there to cut them off, your Ladyship and your guards can chase them down to the east that way, and we’ll meet in Megden before dawn. There’s… there’s an inn there where we could take refreshments and a good proper breakfast."

"I’ll offer you breakfast, five Yuros per kobold ear, and an introduction to Lord Anarya,”
he finishes, bowing deeply and sweeping his hat of his head. Suddenly he remembers to add, with a red-faced wink,

”Oh yes, and a nice cup of tea in my quarters, if you’d do me the honour, Lady Foxglove… It’s not often we have real ladies round these parts…”

"...I find the rest of the deal quite savory, indeed. We shall rout these puny beasts easily, you and I...and on to better and gentler business before morn rises. I like the sound of that.

And, I would be quite gracious for that tea, if you keep it warm for me. Dashing Halflings are a rarity in my lands as well."
She mentioned in a smooth tone.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 01, 2013, 04:06:34 am »

Mandro smooths his moustache a little and tidies the end of his eyebrow with his finger tip.

”If you’d deign to help our hunt I’d be most obliged, ma’am. I’ll lend you my hapless scout to see if he can avoid a flogging for his stupidity. We were chasing them east before we had this charming interruption. I daresay they’re still heading east, but I will lead my men north a little to make sure the scoundrels don’t try thieving up at Medgen first before riding back down eastwards. Well met, milady – I await your renewed company with much anticipation.”

He turns to mount his warpony and address his men before kicking his heels and riding off to the north.

”Forward, men! We have tea to com- kobolds to slay! A green farthing for the first kill!”

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 01, 2013, 05:04:52 am »

((That...long... waitlist :/

Well, at least, lore.))

Spoiler: Catherine S. Mistral (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 05:33:19 am by Tiruin »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 01, 2013, 05:10:15 am »

((That...long... waitlist :/

Well, at least, lore.))

((Hey, at least you might get to be a villain.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 01, 2013, 05:24:18 am »

((NOOOOOOO!! Curses :/))

* Tiruin cannot fathom how that would occur.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 05:27:13 am by Tiruin »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 01, 2013, 06:44:15 am »

Ladyfoxglove likewise led her own 'men' to battle.

"Come on you louts, stop rolling on the ground-we've got a small job to do, and then we're step closer to my...er, our goals! A little bit of money in our pockets, food in our bellies and some direction is a good start to this hopeless quest. Cut off a few Kobold ears and we'll make a necklace.

All that other stuff I said about you all was true, by the way."
She said, trotting off-feeling pretty sexy, and totally assured of herself.

Which was how she always felt, more or less.

Action: Chase suspected Kobolds!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.4
« Reply #142 on: May 01, 2013, 07:35:31 am »

Turn Four

Quote from: PCs
Action: Chase suspected Kobolds!

As the warponies clipclop ferociously away to the north, the abandoned scout stares up at Lady Foxglove’s imposing and strategic person. He tries to open his mouth to speak, but gives up, gasping like a stranded fish, casts his eyes to the ground, and waves vaguely to the east with his spear.

"Come on you louts, stop rolling on the ground," she starts, searching about in her mental Leading Men for Beginners manual, "We've got a small job to do…”

She trots off to the eastern edge of the field, her troop hurrying along behind her, and their halfling scout at the back, gazing forlornly ahead, sadly holding the reins of his pony.

Lady Foxglove reaches the hedgerow at the edge of the field, beckoning Gervedder to come forward and push open a passage for her to climb through with some semblance of dignity. There’s a small and rough country lane heading north-south through the other side, and another hedgerow and field beyond that.

The halfling scout coughs quietly as he makes his way through to the front of the small group, and points mutely to a nearly invisible gap in the hedgerow.

”They… the kobolds… ma’am, milady, your worship…”

"Onwards, men – I believe the imbecile means us to go this way!”

Indeed he does, and indeed they do, and the six humans and their semi-mute halfling walk briskly through the field, following the occasional mark until they reach the north eastern corner, where the hedgerows come together in a miniature copse casting a wide and deep shadow over the furrowed earth, rising up into a blackness that loses itself against the far larger blackness of the mountains some distance beyond, and where the adventurers entirely fail to notice the kobold ambush within until it is far, far too late.

With muffled clicks and whistles through the crisp air, four crude bolts shoot out from under the thick hedgerow: one falls, like so many would-be conquerors before it, at Lady Foxglove Vainglorious III’s feet; another bounces directly off Gervedder Vietzo’s manly molten chest; and then, behind them, Whiz the wizard falls to the floor, pierced through the shoulder and face by two of the hook-headed bone missiles.

As he cries out another bolt whips harmlessly above Mehda as she drops to the floor.

Wound Acquired: Whiz: Pierced shoulder!

Wound Acquired: Whiz: Pierced face!

Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)

Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medha Correo, Errol (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.4
« Reply #143 on: May 01, 2013, 07:48:04 am »

As Tackov watched Lady Foxglove... persuade the captain, he sighed inwardly.  This was going to be an interesting trip.

"Ambush!  Watch yourself!"

Wind Blast the first kobold I see straight up.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 01, 2013, 08:13:09 am »

"Oooooh, it's getting interesting. Hehehe. Haha. Mwahahahahaaa! Fools! You'll regret the day you crossed the magnificient MEDHA CORREO!"

Watch the kobolds. If they're still paying attention to the main party, fake casting a curse as theatralically as possible to scare the kobolds into submission... or at least distract 'em. If not, sneak away and flank the ambush, biding my time. That is... if they're already in full melee by the time my action comes, screw caution, CHAAAAAAARGE!!!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 10:08:58 am by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 01, 2013, 09:18:24 am »

Cast Shield 1, then run around the Kobolds towards whichever one Tackov wind blasted while staunching my bleeding with my robes.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 09:25:10 am by Chink »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 01, 2013, 09:48:34 am »

What do you think Bukkar was going to do?

Working himself up into a rage, he launches himself at the enemy, intent on punchung them.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 01, 2013, 09:54:51 am »

"Let's crush these little beasts and get on with it!" Lady Foxglove said, moving quickly to flatten the would be ambushers with her hot little boots.

Action: Opportunistically rush forward and begin goomba-stomping Kobolds, trying to get out of the crossbow kill-zone. Start with the smaller and weaker ones I see!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 01, 2013, 10:27:44 am »

"Oh well. Adventuring time."

Run and dive into a kobold, wrestling the crossbow from their hands and hiding in the hedge from any retribution.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.5
« Reply #149 on: May 01, 2013, 03:54:28 pm »

Turn Five

"Ambush!" shouts Tackov as soon as Whiz cries out in pain,"Watch yourself!"

"Let's crush these little beasts and get on with it!" shouts back Lady Foxglove, charging forwards...

Action: Opportunistically rush forward and begin goomba-stomping Kobolds, trying to get out of the crossbow kill-zone. Start with the smaller and weaker ones I see!

Lady Foxglove charges haughtily towards the hedgerow, ...but can't even see make out any kobolds to stomp! She leans forward, peering angrily into the undergrowth and ...straight into the eyes of a particularly puny looking kobold who, filled with terror, shoots a tiny piece of skin off of Lady Foxglove's elbow.

Working himself up into a rage, he launches himself at the enemy, intent on punchung them.

Bukkar froths at the mouth, barely even needing to encourage himself to get enraged, ...and thn when he charges forwards, trips on a rock hard furrow and ...totally winds himself, he gets so angry he could almost punchung himself in the face!

He doesn't speak kobold, but Bukkar is fairly sure that the language of laughter is universal.

Wound Acquired: Bukkar Crangrom: Winded!

Run and dive into a kobold, wrestling the crossbow from their hands and hiding in the hedge from any retribution.

"Oh well." mumbles Gervedder, with a hint of resignation as he sees the glorious failure of his comrades, "Adventuring time."

...Luckily he's quite an expert at running, and he dashes into the nearest bit of hedgerow whilst only taking ...one hideously sharp and accurate crossbow bolt to the guts!

Fighting his instinct to collapse bleeding to death on the floor, he ...breaks the nearest kobold's legs with his bare hands, steals the little runt's loaded crossbow, and falls backwards into the cover of darkness.

Wound Acquired: Gervedder Vietzo: Severely Pierced Guts!

Quote from: Missile kobolds
Last one fire at ...Tackov

The last crossbowbold to fire aims at the last visible standing threats, and looses off a dangerous bolt at Tackov, ...piercing his left thigh enough to cause blood to flow. Tackov barely notices in his excitement though, and starts preparing a spell in revenge.

Wound Acquired: Tackov Cedtry: Pierced Thigh!

Quote from: Kobold Sergeant
Hold position until the end of the turn as they don't actually seem all that competent particularly dangerous.

Watch the kobolds. If they're still paying attention to the main party, fake casting a curse as theatrically as possible to scare the kobolds into submission... or at least distract 'em. If not, sneak away and flank the ambush, biding my time.

Giggling hysterically away to herself, it's hard for Medha to tell where the kobolds' attention is centred; most of the noise seems to be coming from ahead at the eastern hedgerow, but Tackov certainly seems to be taking fire...

"Hehehe. Haha. Mwahahahahaaa! Fools!" she cries in the kobolds' general direction, "You'll regret the day you crossed the magnificent MEDHA CORREO!"

She theatrically waves her arms in the air; she wails at the top of her voice in a theatrically arcane – and fake – language; she even pulls out some coloured powder from one of her many deep pockets and throws it theatrically about to recreate the effect of cursed smoke!

...But nothing happens, and she's not entirely sure whether the kobolds are terrified or entertained...

Oh actually wait – direct the fire of the unengaged crossbowbolds at the shouty smoky woman! She knows magic!

Wind Blast the first kobold I see straight up.

Ignoring the theatrics, Tackov concentrates on getting his own back on the kobold who distance-stabbed the fleshy soft bit of his thigh.

He clears his mind; he pronounces the words; he flicks out his fingers.

...A single kobold shoots hundreds of feet up into the clear night sky, screaming as he goes, dropping his crossbow after a couple of dozen feet, becoming briefly silent, and then screaming once more, only twice as loud, as he falls back down.

...His previously neighbouring kobold, having followed him up and then down with his eyes, is rooted to the spot and barely even has time to comprehend what's about to happen when the crossbowbold reduces them both to green and red smears on the frosty ground.

Oh actually wait crap, HE knows magic!! Direct the fire of the unengaged crossbowbolds at HIM!

Cast Shield 1, then run around the Kobolds towards whichever one Tackov wind blasted while staunching my bleeding with my robes.

...Successfully protecting himself with a mage-shield, Whiz picks himself up off the ground, ...falls over face first back onto it, ...and writhes about in the dirt frantically covering his face and shoulder with parts of his robe that shouldn't cover his face and shoulder.

He seems to at least temporarily stem the flow of blood for a turn.

Quote from: Melee kobolds
Erm...

...Cowed by the wind mage's ferocious power and the orders of their sergeant for the crossbowbolds to take him down, the remaining kobolds stay hidden as best they can, hands on their short swords ready to burst into action.

Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)

Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medha Correo, Errol (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 118