Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 190858 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.86
« Reply #1110 on: December 04, 2013, 04:55:55 pm »

(((IIRC he never posted the whole thing, just a rapidly spinning .gif that resulted in many of them being visible.  Though you can leave off the "Hurt Toaster" options.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: December 04, 2013, 05:11:48 pm »

((Ah... I think I remember now - I saw the actual base picture, so this is probably why I imagine there being a list. Anyway, maybe next time: halfway through the turn and already the adventurers have lost one leg and one set of guts and a fair amount of blood))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: December 04, 2013, 05:15:45 pm »

((Well this is time for TPK. :P We separated the party!

I guess lawas was getting bored of us anyway...))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: December 04, 2013, 07:33:15 pm »

((So what you're saying is that everything's within expected bounds right now, lawas?))
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: December 04, 2013, 09:53:46 pm »

((Good thing I know I didn't lose my guts!

because I already did))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.87
« Reply #1115 on: December 05, 2013, 09:11:37 am »

Turn Eighty Seven

Curse at feckers that hit me in the back of me head with a goddamn fecking door! Then, move over to curses that actually do something!

Whiz: Cast Shield I spell and spam bolts at the kobolds.

Wind Blast II those damned kobolds away.

”Feck!”

”Shite!”

"OW!"

Medha and Whiz turn towards Tackov, their questioning looks and arched eyebrows not particularly visible in the dimness.

"Watch where you're going, you fecking idio- oh look, now you've got kobolds on us.  Feck all this!"

Just as Medha is about to reply with a shouty outburst from a new language apparently based on tonal variations of the word feck, Tackov waves his hands in fecking annoyance.

Medha doesn't even have time to say her second variation on the theme of feck.

...In fact, no one has the time to say another feck: a stupendous blast of wind shoots out of Tackov's angry hands like the sudden appearance of a raging hurricane in a tiny shed, except more. The horrifying recoil spins the poor wind mage round and round like a murderous magic roundabout, the dizziness blurring his sight and sickening his guts; the awful sights blurring his guts and sickening his mind.

His first victims are, unsurprisingly, the kobolds he did in fact intend to point his massive wind blast at: ...three are blasted backwards so hard that one loses his chest, another his guts, and another his legs: the body parts and deceased and bleeding kobolds alike are flung out of the room and into the corridor beyond, crumpling with crunches against the wall. ...The remaining three are only slightly luckier: one is blown against the wall so hard he disappears into a vaporous bloody mist; another flies against the rock door, smashing his head into unrecognisable bits, and the final fortunate kobold is blown directly upwards, where he shoots off through Medha's hole and into the sky.

Medha is exceedingly lucky. ...Being already smashed into the corner of the room behind the door, she is protected from the main force of Tackov's uncontrollable wind, ...and when the rock door is blown off its rocky hinges she manages to instinctively raise a desperate forearm and parry the blow.

...Whiz is not exceedingly lucky. Whether by design or accident, Tackov's virulent death wind first blasts off his leg; whilst still staggering about after this cruel blow, the Whiznificent One-Legged Whiz is smashed at hundreds of miles per hour against the nearest wall, whereupon his guts fall out, severed, at his feet or rather foot.

"Feck yeah!"

Whiz looks sadly at his guts, and wonders whether it’s worth Shielding himself now. He could probably retrospectively cast it, he decides. It is quite unfortunate that he didn’t cast it quicker than Tackov cast his spell, really.

Medha sits there in the corner, half under the door, repeating the word feck to herself. She wonders if it will actually do something.

Wound Acquired: Whiz the Whiznificent: Severed Left Leg!

Wound Acquired: Whiz the Whiznificent: Severed Guts!

Attempt to smell any bacon in vicinity. Follow the scent.

Hgnagggn, sways Bukkar, swearily, Hgnagggnnnnggnnh.

He sniffs the air furiously, ...but only seems to be able to make out the smell of vomit, which strikes him as a little odd. Curiously enough it makes him feel a little better, and then suddenly there’s the sound of half a dozen kobolds being smashed against a wall, and the light plop of a pair of guts falling out.

It can mean only one thing!

Action: Wade in and start killing kobolds with my sword-fight toward the leader! Go into beauty rage!

Not very far from the aforementioned events but probably not on the same z level, Lady Foxglove Vainglorious III is quite – no, maddeningly enragedly – angry. Not only has no one used her full name and title for several pages, but she is being assaulted by kobolds so peasantish and deranged, so lacking in politesse and a basic respect for the rights and dignity of the other, so… entirely feckingshitemiserholish, that she lets out a blast of foul language, and describes the villains as the only things they merit to be described as.

"Feckingshitemiserholes!" she screams, losing a little of her trademark cool, "You made me late for powdering my nose! Do you know how annoying a -1 bonus is when we're using D6's? IT'S ATROCIOUS!"

The possibly leadery kobold stares at her.

”What??”

"Er… Feckingshitemiserholes! Shutup!"

BEAUTY RAGE ROLL: 2! BEAUTY RAGE FAILED!

Lady Foxglove stomps angrily whilst also probably flying on her warquid, I forget, towards the possibly leadery kobold, and smacks him in the face with her sword.

At the last moment, unfortunately, she is distracted by the lack of powder on her nose, and only some very heavy bleeding is inflicted on the insolent kobold.

He is quite aggrieved, and tries to smack her right back in the face, but is momentarily dazzled by the lack of powder on Lady Foxglove’s terrifying nasal appendage, and misses.

He stares at his minions.

”Well, what the bloody hell are you waiting for?!?!” he seems to say, if only Lady F could understand the impenetrable kobold yippery accent.

Sprint like the devil himself and try to shoot the Brutal Mole before it gnaws, smashes or otherwise kills me to death. Hope the drunkard serves as a distraction.

Gervedder handles drunks like a veteran barmaid.

Which is good, because he is, if you remember last turn, faced with an angry one.

"Perhaps you," he starts, "Good sir," he continues, edging towards the drunk and away from the nearby rabid Brutal Mole, as large as a small but very muscular fearsomely-toothed horse, "Would like to take it up with my good friend over there?”

Shoving the drunkard towards the Brutal Mole’s drooling maw, Gervedder watches in horror as the fiendish underground menace snaps the unfortunate stumbling eejit in two, covering his snout and fangs in drunkard blood, and swallowing the legs whole.

This greed proves to be the Brutal Mole’s undoing, for he suddenly starts choking on the left leg. His face turns blue and he keels over onto the ground.

Knowing a good opportunity when he sees one, Gervedder shoots the fecker and flees.

Spoiler: GM’s notes (click to show/hide)
Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medha Correo, Errol (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: December 05, 2013, 09:17:12 am »

oopsie

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: December 05, 2013, 09:22:01 am »

((This is weird. We all fell down the same hole, right? How I get alone?

Edit: No, I went to the door...for some reason...which apparently leads to a different place?))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.87
« Reply #1118 on: December 05, 2013, 09:37:39 am »

((Well, it goes to a different part of the same place - if you were standing with your friend at your front door, and you went through the door, but he fell through the nearby hole you'd left lying about, he'd be in the basement, and you'd be on the ground floor))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: December 05, 2013, 09:56:52 am »

"Hm... okay. That went rather well... for me, at least. Now to find the others."

Find at least one of the other people I seem to require to adventure with. Preferably more than one of them. Will also settle for pieces of them.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: December 05, 2013, 11:45:38 am »

((Note to self: Never stand near Tackov again.))

Use Red Carpet to create a carpet that spews magical potion of healing and limb regeneration/reattachment, and guzzle one of my potions of minor healing.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 11:48:06 am by Chink »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: December 05, 2013, 11:46:57 am »

Stumble forward and eat the guts lying all over the place.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: December 06, 2013, 05:27:43 am »

((Hohoho - Dwarmin and Toaster do you want to post? I won't promise anything speedy though. Also Errol, haha))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: December 06, 2013, 05:53:56 am »

((Well, I don't know what to do. For some reason you tossed me at a horde of enemies ALONE and with penalty same time.

Edit: To clarify, we really had no reason to split up in the first place. Now I don't know where anyone is. Or do I!
Edit2: Might as well run away, again.))

"Oh, you just what you dongleflanges!" Foxglove fumed. "I'll be back when numerical superiority is on my side!"

Action: Run away, again! Why don't go a few feet away and down that hole my ally obviously fell through earlier?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 06:00:23 am by Dwarmin »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: December 06, 2013, 04:40:50 pm »

Horp dorp, I am not pay attention

"WHEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOh man stop the room spinning"

Put on fancy clothes.  Offer ribs for guthole/leghole covering.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 118