Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: A New Age Begins (IC)  (Read 18563 times)

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
Re: A New Age Begins (IC)
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2013, 09:26:01 pm »

"Looks like murder to me." His voice is dispassionate, calculating. "Now why would someone do that?"
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2013, 09:28:46 pm »

Who knows? I do, however, know a bit about who may have done it. A terrorist group called the People for the Protection of Beaches--despite, I should note, not living anywhere near an ocean or major lake--uses this...poor victim...as a mascot. I'm trying to stomp out groups like this, who harm humans as surely as they do dragons. Firstly, I was curious as to how you feel on the issue of such groups.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2013, 09:36:35 pm »

"Frankly, they're menaces to society and dangers to all citizens. Would you like me to send you a regiment of Peacekeepers to aid you with the People for the Protection of Beaches? They'll be equipped with the latest in FTL Industries and Ancestor Technologies equipment, whatever that may be." He smiles at his compatriot across the Pacific. "I assure you, they're very well trained."
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 09:38:20 pm by Fr0stByt3 »
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2013, 09:46:06 pm »

I'll contact you if I need aid; for now, I just need verbal support. I understand that I am...a bit of a rarity as far as my treatment of humans goes, and I feel that my campaign of "Dragons are better than anarchy" would go better if more of the dragons in power echoed the sentiment. I was wondering if I could get your support in such a message. I believe that if all the dragons worked on their image, it would be positively simple to deal with the insurrections which still exist.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2013, 09:48:33 pm »

((PTW and turn maybe))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2013, 09:49:40 pm »

"I will support you, friend. I agree, we are better than anarchy."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2013, 09:57:59 pm »

Excellent. Do you have any allies who would also agree with my ideas?
Sig

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2013, 09:59:10 pm »

Puffer rises from his seat as one of his advisors walks in.

What it is, Jax?

Sire, our ambassador to the Russian nation has made it successfully.

Good, good... See to it that we have our ears in place.

Yes, sire.

And while you're at it, have a few ears in his room, as well. Don't tell him.

As you wish, sire.

Good, good... Dismissed.

Spoiler: actions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 04:29:49 pm by Pufferfish »

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2013, 10:08:06 pm »

Excellent. Do you have any allies who would also agree with my ideas?
"At the moment? No, none. AT and FTL Indusries are focusing more on reseach ad developement at this point, especially in the more obscure fields of study. Some of these theories in robotics are absolutely fascinating!"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2013, 10:11:30 pm »

...I'm certain they are. I hope you'll excuse my disinterest in this topic; it's mostly from ignorance. When I was a wyrmling, iron was considered the pinnacle of...but here I am, rambling. Well, I imagine we'll be in touch. Just remember--make sure the humans under you see you as better than anarchy. Anything else you'd like to talk about while we're here?
Sig

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2013, 10:17:38 pm »

"Well, now that you mention it.... how would you like to enter a Trade Agreement? You supply me resources, and in return, I give you my products?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2013, 10:18:06 pm »

It was late evening when the call came through on the computer. Alkus shifted about and squinted at the text on the screen - it said, "2 new emails." Curious now, he navigated to the emails page and peered at the screen. One read "C10", and the other read "A Diplomatic Invite". He clicked on the C10 one first - it was from the Council, after all.

Hello, friend!

I'm sure that despite never leaving that castle of yours you've been keeping a claw on the pulse of the world, and are this as concerned about the emergence of these rebel groups as we are. Normally we wouldn't bother with them - after all we did found this state to get away from the revolution - but there is one within our borders that is particularly troubling. It's within our borders. So the Council, in it's wisdom, has declared you Head of Foreign Policy! The post is exactly what it implies - we focus on running the state, you take care of diplomacy. Your duties begin immediately; a dragonet group will come with the supplies necessary in a day or two.

May your claw stay strong,
Council.

Well that was unfortunate news, Alkus thought. But he would have to accept it; there was no room for negotiation with the Council, not with as little influence as he had. He opened the other email and read it. It was an invitation by the leader of another state to the west for diplomatic talks. How convenient.
Entering the contact info provided into a program, he activated it.
In the Gold Wyrm's office, a screen lit up with the face of Alkus on it. Is this activated? Yes it is. Good.
Greetings, honored elder; I presume it is you who contacted me? I am Alkus, recently appointed Head of Foreign Policy for the state of Kybore.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2013, 10:23:54 pm »

"Hmm? Oh, a newcomer! Welcome! I am Xaren, President of Ancestor Technologies and FTL Industries."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2013, 10:25:10 pm »

"Well, now that you mention it.... how would you like to enter a Trade Agreement? You supply me resources, and in return, I give you my products?"
That would depend on the resources requested and the products received. Ah, one moment...

In the Gold Wyrm's office, a screen lit up with the face of Alkus on it. Is this activated? Yes it is. Good.
Greetings, honored elder; I presume it is you who contacted me? I am Alkus, recently appointed Head of Foreign Policy for the state of Kybore.

Greetings, Alkus. I was just finishing up details with Xaren. Could you give me a moment, please?

((Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.))

Oh, I suppose you two wish to chat a bit? Very well.
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2013, 10:25:49 pm »

Greetings ... wait, are you the dragon human I've heard about or am I addressing the wrong person?
No need, elder - I can wait.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9