Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Multiplayer  (Read 934 times)

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
Multiplayer
« on: April 16, 2013, 06:01:40 pm »

LAN multiplayer: two player pick one area, one on one side, one the other (could be regional rather than local) each fort knows the other exists, and they're at !WAR!.

no holds barred multiplayer. they could co operate, or they could fight. join as one fort against the hostiles or fight to death. only rule. there can be only one standing.
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Multiplayer
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 06:25:10 pm »

So, shall the hazing begin? *cracks neck*
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 07:12:33 pm by DVNO »
Al mondo mal non e senza rimedio

Reach me via Bitmessage ~ BM-2DC7sWixk2iSKThdX9thhyrxWBeWRXUEv9

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 06:38:07 pm »

Wouldn't work unless the game could be played effectively without pausing for designations and stuff, is the main roadblock, though there are plenty of others.  We've been over this before.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 07:29:52 pm »

what an original suggestion.  let's totally impliment it, since it's possible, and hasn't been suggested, EVER.  great work!
You wake up in (suddenly) your room not somewhere Armok knows where. Travels in deserts and goblin forests turned up to be a dreams borned by procreation of your autistic imagination.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 07:49:28 pm »

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're a troll, rather than a truly staggering idiot who didn't make the barest effort to search for a multiplayer thread, which surely number in the hundreds, if not thousands.

Catsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 08:27:56 pm »

LAN multiplayer: two player pick one area, one on one side, one the other (could be regional rather than local) each fort knows the other exists, and they're at !WAR!.

no holds barred multiplayer. they could co operate, or they could fight. join as one fort against the hostiles or fight to death. only rule. there can be only one standing.
only if zerglings get added to the game

Nyan Thousand

• Bay Watcher
  • It's exactly nyan thousand!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 08:52:04 pm »

I don't really have anything to contribute to this thread, since everything that has been said has already been said. I just wanted to say that the song's stuck in my head now.

dvno four capital letterssss printed in golddddd

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2013, 10:06:35 pm »

yeah i'm totally trolling. where's the button to remove this topic? i can't find it.

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2013, 10:17:37 pm »

Try to make a contribution. If you like a suggestion, say why you like it and try to refine it if possible. If you don't like a suggestion, say why and be civil about it.
    Be respectful.  If you don't intend to show respect, do not post.  If there is a problem, use the "Report to moderator" button on a post in the thread.  Do not handle it on your own.
    New posters will not always follow the guidelines above, but if you aren't making an honest effort to be helpful, do not post.  The best option is to ignore redundant threads entirely, especially if somebody helpful has already replied.
    Joking around is fine up to a point, of course, but don't be abusive or derail somebody's thread entirely.

WTF guys?

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2013, 10:19:08 pm »

BEFORE POSTING A SUGGESTION

Check our development pages. You can find everything in one place at this link.
    Search for an existing thread. If you find a thread similar to your idea, you can bump it to expand on the suggestion, even if the thread is old.  However, please do not bump threads just to show support.

i know. i didn't scroll up.

seriously though. how do you turn this thread off?

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2013, 06:23:26 am »

by playing multiplayer
You wake up in (suddenly) your room not somewhere Armok knows where. Travels in deserts and goblin forests turned up to be a dreams borned by procreation of your autistic imagination.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2013, 08:43:34 am »

*Sigh*

Lockbutton in the bottom right of the screen.

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2013, 02:58:46 pm »

bottom left you mean. please, spare me the sigh.