Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: PC Games for my Girlfriend and I  (Read 7641 times)

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
PC Games for my Girlfriend and I
« on: April 16, 2013, 05:17:16 pm »

My girlfriend and I like to play on our computers. What are some good games for two? Co-op, versus, it doesn't matter! Genre? Doesn't matter! Style? Doesn't matter! I won't even list what we already play because our influences literally do not matter!

Though these threads, all across the internet, typically fill up with Minecraft, so I'll let you know that we already play it.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: PC Games for my Girlfriend and I
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 05:18:45 pm »

Heh, I could use more of these. My girlfriend can be pretty finicky about what games she'll play.

Anyway, I'd recommend Castle Crashers.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 05:18:57 pm »

I've had fun playing Sanctum & Orcs Must Die 2 against my roommate.  :)
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 05:21:42 pm »

Yeah, Orcs Must Die 2 is a good one. Highly recommended: Partner is good at games. :P
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 05:26:22 pm »

Your search request returned too many results. Please specify:

Is price a factor? Would you prefer free-to-play? Should MMOs be excluded from the list?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 05:26:53 pm »

Garrys Mod is good! Also Torchlight 2.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 05:36:52 pm »

Your search request returned too many results. Please specify:

Is price a factor? Would you prefer free-to-play? Should MMOs be excluded from the list?

In case the first post didn't make it clear, nothing about your suggestion matters to me. Just suggest.
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2013, 05:42:34 pm »

Garrys Mod is good! Also Torchlight 2.

GMod if you can find a decent server, that is. Which is a job in and of itself. TL2 certainly, though.

Killing Floor can be a lot of fun, and Terraria is always better with co-op.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2013, 05:44:44 pm »

In case the first post didn't make it clear, nothing about your suggestion matters to me.
Ah, the face of positivity!

I would like to clarify that I... er Grakelin is looking for PC games with not too much system requirements, ideally co-op and can be played with just the two of us without having to host a server (port forwarding issues) or LAN... unfortunately that cuts out killing floor, which we've had fun playing when LAN is an option. Price ideally less than more, but whatever. Probably no subscription MMOs unless they have a good trial.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2013, 05:57:44 pm »

No, no, Internet and LAN are both fine, and we also have pretty good computers.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2013, 06:09:25 pm »

Game suggestions? Time to list stuff off my steam library, hehehe
Magicka is always fun times with multiple players, and there are so many sales so often there's almost no reason to not already have it.
Dungeon Defenders is a different flavor of Orcs Must Die affair, though OMD2 would probably be a safer bet I'd say.
Men of War is good if you can deal with how....................... uhm..... yeah, it's different.
Portal 2 has co-op though I've never tried it.
Titan Quest was fairly enjoyable from what I played of it, it's a diablolike. If you're looking for that kind of thing then Torchlight 2 is another option... and for that matter Path of Exile.
Trine 2 maybe? I forget if it has multiplayer and it's one of those games that I've been meaning to play but have never gotten around to it unfortunately.

Neverwinter Nights... maaaybe? I only played multiplayer once and it seemed to have varying options. There's a game currently running on this forum, so maybe check that topic for more info? You can get this from GoG.com. Icewind Dale would also be an option though I know less aboot that.

Not sure how many of these games need port forwarding or not. If you can figure out how to set a static I.P. then port forwarding shouldn't be an issue really...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2013, 06:18:39 pm »

Your funeral....

Sword of the Stars: 4x game with pretty ridiculous scale. It's pretty easy to quit a game in progress and come back to it later.
Terraria: Like Minecraft, but 2D and with stats, bosses, more weapons and enemies...
Source Engine mods. Synergy is a good one for co-op, while the Hidden is fun if you want a little co-op and a little versus.
Blood Bowl: Competitive only, but it's fun. Doubly so if either of you are into Warhammer.
Torchlight 1 or 2: Haven't touched this much, but it seems to be a bit like Diablo.
The Civilization series: Another 4x game, but a little more mundane.
Vindictus: Action MMO that's pretty fun.
Garry's Mod: Sandbox is always fun, but you can also play things like terrorist hunt or zombie panic.
Serious Sam: The only thing better than gunning down hordes of enemies by yourself is gunning down larger hordes with a buddy.
Portal 2: Co-op puzzle solving as quirky robots. Fun, but short.
Team Fortress/TF2: Shooting people.
Left 4 Dead/L4D2: Shooting zombies.

And that's just my Steam list off the top of my head. Next we have:

Mari0: Mario and Portal mash-up.
Neverwinter Nights: D&D-based RPG. You can download one of the dozens of user-created campaigns and have a blast.
Cortex Command: If you have a good computer and a large monitor, you can play this split-screen and obliterate clone bodies by the dozen. Great fun.
Dawn of War series: I recommend Dark Crusade, but they're all fun.
Metal Slug: Run-and-gun. Get the anthology and you'll have something like seven games in one!
Jamestown: Vertical bullet-hell shooter. Short, but the harder difficulties (which you'll need to play to unlock later levels) can be brutal.

Whew...I think that's everything I can offer at the moment.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2013, 06:19:50 pm »

*Ignore. Double-post*

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2013, 06:31:31 pm »

I'd honestly compare Terraria more to Castlevania and co. before Minecraft. It's essentially a sidescrolling fighting RPG (with stats almost entirely oriented around equipment) that happens to have mining and building elements. Here's some shameless self-promotion/low quality gameplay to give you an idea of what it's like. Though do note that that's an endgame boss with endgame gear, so may not reflect early experience blah blah blah.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2013, 06:33:06 pm »

I was trying to use the ellipses to imply that it wasn't actually all that much like Minecraft. I dunno why I always forget about Castlevainia D:

Pages: [1] 2 3