Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I need segments for DFBT  (Read 1015 times)

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
I need segments for DFBT
« on: April 16, 2013, 08:26:37 am »

Can anyone suggest good segments for DFBT, my podcast? The thread is here, and the Spreaker page link is in my sig. The next episode will sound better, I promise, it's just that that was a quick test of the software.

So, what should I add?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: I need segments for DFBT
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 12:35:07 pm »

Bring in some kind of "thread of the day" or read someone's story from the story's board. I figure you can find hours of literature to be read there. You could "weather forecast" succession fortresses, show off mods or teach someone how to mod their giant eagles to be trained for war. Talk about the last crazy trade you had with the elves. Maybe even visit older megaprojects.
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

xeluc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 01:01:26 pm »

Personally, I'd listen to any of those ideas on your podcast.

Em3rgency

• Bay Watcher
  • 13 fortresses and 8 adventurers later...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 01:33:40 pm »

Yeah, handpick things from the forums, people post tons of stories and problems every day. Also, as said in your original podcast thread, do tip segments, both for new and advanced players.

"You can designate a dump over magma to get rid of unwanted junk!" and the like.

Additionally, you need a co-host(s) to talk and comment and give their oppinions about everything. A podcast should not be just things you rattle off like the news.
A Song of Glacier and Magma: Game of Socks.
Jaime Lannister cancels noble bsns: Needs a helping hand.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 01:39:35 pm »

Yeah, handpick things from the forums, people post tons of stories and problems every day. Also, as said in your original podcast thread, do tip segments, both for new and advanced players.

"You can designate a dump over magma to get rid of unwanted junk!" and the like.

Additionally, you need a co-host(s) to talk and comment and give their oppinions about everything. A podcast should not be just things you rattle off like the news.
I already have one, he's going to be in the next episode.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?