Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Plugin to add alternative stocks interface, with an easier to search list  (Read 27394 times)

oreganor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Plugin to add alternative stocks interface, with an easier to search list
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2013, 01:58:42 pm »

Hello there. First of all thanks for the awesome job at your scripts (Can't live without them... Mousequery in particular).

And now the small issue I have. With this plugin activated, my vanilla stocks screen, at the bottom has (after pressing Tab for the detailed view):

Code: [Select]
s: Search             e: Enhanced View

The problem, on my system (Spanish Vistax64), is that when I activate "s" for filtering the default stock list, "e" key events are still trapped, which, in turn, activate your advanced viewer each time I try to use an item filter that contains letter "e" (Go figure... "steel" is one of the most usefull filters and can't use it effectively ATM :( ). This is, so far, the only UI search element where this happens.

I have searched all around and nobody seems to be reporting something similar... So been new to DF I'm at a loss if this is an exotic bug, a strange interaction between plugins or a well known issue. Any advice/points/suggestions to deal with this?

EDIT:
Alternatively I was thinking if there is a way to change that particular keybinding to shift+E but I didn't find such keybinding in DF list (Assuming that plugins register their keybindings into main DF list... Which I don't know).
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 02:10:00 pm by oreganor »

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2013, 05:38:57 am »

The problem, on my system (Spanish Vistax64), is that when I activate "s" for filtering the default stock list, "e" key events are still trapped, which, in turn, activate your advanced viewer each time I try to use an item filter that contains letter "e" (Go figure... "steel" is one of the most usefull filters and can't use it effectively ATM :( ). This is, so far, the only UI search element where this happens.

You're right. I'm surprised it wasn't brought up before. I've just uploaded a new bundle that fixes this by using Ctrl-e to open the enhanced screen. That will avoid any more conflicts.

A couple suggestions. Feel free to ignore them.

How about opening the search string with shift-s instead of always open. Enter of course closes/locks in the search until we hit shift-s again. This would free up the shift key and bring binds into line with the rest of DF screens where 'm'elt 'f'orbid 'd'ump have no qualifier.

Oh and how do I mark for melting?

Maybe add '-' to filter out items. Like a search string of "socks -silk" would list all socks excluding silk socks.

Also I can't seem to list only my artifacts. They are listed 5 instead of 6 so they are lumped in with masterworks(5) instead of artifacts(6).

Anyway this is a great plugin and fast. Filters 70k items instantly. Nice job and thanks. :)

I'll look into the artifact filtering problem, thanks. And melting will be available in a future update. I wasn't sure if checking for metal material in an item is enough to identify it as being meltable. I think it probably is.

As for a non "live" search... hmm.. I kind of wanted it this way because searching for items would be the thing you do most in this screen. I could look into adding support for different keybinding templates, but that would be a while away.
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

oreganor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2013, 12:35:30 pm »

You're right. I'm surprised it wasn't brought up before. I've just uploaded a new bundle that fixes this by using Ctrl-e to open the enhanced screen. That will avoid any more conflicts.

Woah! Speaking of fast support, thanks a lot... DLing it atm.

Taverius

• Bay Watcher
  • Curly says go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2013, 10:04:56 pm »

You might want to switch the suggested Dwarf Monitor hotkey or else it gets triggered when you try to switch the forbidden flag in the stock window.

Also, I'd love to be able to mark for melting here, as the default panel doesn't tell me if something is in a dorf's inventory.
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2013, 10:13:49 pm »

Good point about the hotkey... I've added a "@dwarfmode/Default" qualifier to the example.

Yep, melting should be available when I next get a chance to spend some time on these plugins.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2013, 06:02:07 am »

Having some problems with the plugin (on mac):

keybinding add Ctrl-Shift-Z@dwarfmode/Default "stocks show"

I tried ctrl-shft-z, ctrl-alt-z, ctrl-z, but none of them work, only way to call the script is through alt-z. I guess this is platform specific, but if you have any idea, thx.

keybinding add Z@overallstatus "stocks show"

if I keep this keybinding active it interferes with the Shift-Z shortcut on your stockscreen, and instead of zooming to the item it will bring up the default stock interface. Commenting this shortcut lets me zoom to the selected item.

And a crash: Shift-T: mark item for trade crashes the game for me when no traders are on map. Have not tested it with traders yet, but I suspect that's the reason.
Crashlog

Spoiler: dfhack.init (click to show/hide)

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2013, 06:35:03 am »

Yea ctrl-shift-z doesn't work for me on windows either. I had it set by default, as I'm using the dfhack_init from PE LNP r20 (which is a couple months old or something, but shouldn't matter). Try some other ctrl- or shift-command. Or just go to vanilla status-stocks screen, there should be a notice there with a hotkey, ctrl-e I think that takes you to the alternative stocks interface from the vanilla stocks one.

Tonren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2013, 12:52:09 pm »

Are these open source? Would be interested to tool around with them.

I'm really missing Shift + Up/Down Arrow, and the option to view categories like in the original one.

Also, it seems weird that the filters only work by exclusion (I can say "hide all Forbidden items", but I can't say "show only Forbidden items").

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2013, 12:55:29 am »

The source is here: https://github.com/Falconne/dfhack

I will be adding category/grouping support in the next update, along with Melting and area restriction.

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2013, 04:19:04 am »

Also, it's possible to filter by flag to an extent. The flag names are part of each item's "keywords", so typing "forbidden" into the search box will filter to those.

What did you mean by Shift+arrow keys?

tofof

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2013, 08:02:47 pm »

In any case, I solved the problem by assigning
keybinding add Z@overallstatus "stocks show"This way I can press z twice and go straight to the stocks. I'm not very familiar with keybinding, so I'm not sure if there are any nasty side effects, but looks like the context correctly limits it.

This worked brilliantly and now it doesn't work anymore. Attempting to do 'stocks show' manually while on the status screen just produces an error about an unsuitable UI state.

Any chance of restoring the invokability from the status screen?

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2013, 08:08:59 pm »

What about pressing 'e' from the standard stocks screen?

Also, try adding a keybinding for Ctrl-F3... that might work better than the normal keys. I'm assuming you pressed Alt a couple of times to make sure that wasn't stuck due to the Alt-Tab bug?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2013, 08:45:52 pm »

In any case, I solved the problem by assigning
keybinding add Z@overallstatus "stocks show"This way I can press z twice and go straight to the stocks. I'm not very familiar with keybinding, so I'm not sure if there are any nasty side effects, but looks like the context correctly limits it.
This worked brilliantly and now it doesn't work anymore.

Same here.  "Z, select stocks, enter, e" is... noticeably more than "ZZ" when I could just double-tap before.  A UI hint would be cool, but just working is fine with the keybinding revealer - a very useful tool. 

I'm rather excited about mass-melting, it should actually make dealing with goblinite worth the trouble now that I've worked out how to get a minecart dumping into an atom-smasher.

And generally PTW so I get updates ^_^
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2013, 08:52:36 pm »

I'll fix the ZZ not working in the next update. It got disabled because I restricted the scope of how the plugin can be invoked so that it doesn't show up everywhere in my Hotkeys plugin.

tenshi99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2013, 07:32:32 am »

my favorite plugin along with mousequery, resume, workflow, autobutcher.

can you make optional item quality shown like -+*≡☼
and some box to filter out/select categories
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5