Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 35

Author Topic: A New Age Begins - Sign-ups/OOC  (Read 61816 times)

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile

Maybe Humanist?
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Or. Since it's, you know, fiction, I can still do humanitarian. Oh look, a word has multiple meanings now. That's new, isn't it?

I say this because think of how it sounds.

Their Humanitarian Lordship
Their Human Lordship
Their Hominid Lordship
Their Humanist Lordship.

Now which one sounds best?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 02:01:10 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

Their Humanitarian Lordship
Their Human Lordship
Their Hominid Lordship
Their Humanist Lordship.

Now which one sounds best?

Hominid. Full stop.

Or Human.

But I like how Hominid sounds.

Humanitarian (no offense) sounds kinda derp.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

I prefer human because I can only imagine the main character from Alien Hominid otherwise.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hominid is okay, but it doesn't really sound like an adjective to me. Draconic; definitely an adjective. Humanitarian; the ian means it can be an adjective. Would it be like Hominidian? Or Hominish?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does it even have to be Their? What about, say, Our or something? I mean, the first part is refering to your country, right?
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's their to be gender neutral. Normally it'd be His or Her. It's not just the ruler, it's the lesser nobles too.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

Hominid is an adjective.

— adj
2.   of, relating to, or belonging to the Hominidae.

Human works in the same way.

yeah, I know that humans are bucked up for using the same word for it, but like you said, a word meaning multiple things happens. Why make up a new word or word use when there's one that's perfectly reasonable and less (oppinion alert!) silly-sounding?
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because it doesn't sound like an adjective.

Try this:
The herald calls out the next gentry to enter; "His Hominid Lordship, Sir Buckley, Count of Parenshire!"

Compare to:
The herald calls out the next gentry to enter; "His Humanitarian Lordship, Sir Buckley, Count of Parenshire!"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

The second is confusing.

Technically correct, but it means 'his lordship who does awesome human-based charity shit'

not 'the human lord dude'.

Really, those parts of the titles are supposed to be basically the dick-measuring competition insofar as lords go.

That's why it's all serene majesties and glorious rulers and shit.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Because it doesn't sound like an adjective.

Try this:
The herald calls out the next gentry to enter; "His Hominid Lordship, Sir Buckley, Count of Parenshire!"

Compare to:
The herald calls out the next gentry to enter; "His Humanitarian Lordship, Sir Buckley, Count of Parenshire!"
Actually, they both sound good.

One makes him sound like a monkey-man and one makes him sound like a human rights activist.

Guess which the dragons would choose?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey guys, could I have some help with the speech I need to make tothe public to make sure violence doesn't happen?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Hey guys, could I have some help with the speech I need to make tothe public to make sure violence doesn't happen?
What do you need help with?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

Also, if you REALLY want some other word for them

Hominian. There. Actual word. Means what you want. Bleh.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What do you need help with?
Kinda all of it. I mean, I have some ideas. Oi just need it to sound good and nor cliched.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 35