Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 35

Author Topic: A New Age Begins - Sign-ups/OOC  (Read 61830 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Poke

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

I appologize for how long I am taking, but I am having finals at school soon, and I don't have time to post a turn, because I need to study.  I can run the RTD, since that requires less time than what a turn in this would require.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Makes sense and is fine. I'm still doing research about battlesuits/power armor/mech walkers. Can I have extremely high efficiency batteries and solar cells(compared to modern, at least)? It would mean my suits would have to have something stupid like a fission reactor to give them power, still have a limited use time between return to base/charging, and not be extremely bulky.

By the way, anyone have ideas for naming conventions? I'm gonna use a combination of a few things, some named after their designers/company manufacturers, some are zodiac signs, some are old soldier and weapon names (the F-14 Pilum Arm-Mounted ATGM Launcher, for example), a couple will be famous generals and the like, but I need something more.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 07:19:20 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

More minor weapons could be named after non-zodiac constellations. You could also name them after mythic dragons, Lunar craters, Pacific islands*, or whatever. Just choose a theme and run with it.

*Maybe this would work for a series of warships. Watch out for the S.S. Australia...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It'd be the H.D.M.S.(His Draconic Majesty's Ship) Austrailia Actually. S.S. refers to Steam Ships.

On a similar note, time to give the stats for the Legionnaire Cybernetic Armored Battlesuit(CAB)

I'd like to note that all quantifiable measurements of size or mass are not going to be accurate to every Legionnaire, as they are custom-fitted to their pilots, and that a lot of them are general, since it's a suit, not a tank.

Overall:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Torso:

Arms:

Legs:

Various armaments are available, of course, as much of the advantage of a battlesuit is it's versatility coupled with endurance, but I'll list some of the more common weapons available that have to be integrated into the suit.

20 mm Vulcan Multi-Barreled Auto-Cannon; integrated into shoulder mountings. Often fully rotational with secondary optics and ballistics to allow for point blank defense of nearby allied targets, as well as close anti-air support. 6 barrels, 230° turning radius(125° forward, 105° back(in both cases, from perpendicular to front) -12° depression, 70° elevation), traverse of 32°/sec., armored opening able to shutter during inactivity to prevent weak spot. Internal ammunition storage capacity of up to 400, though outboard drums can also hold up to 2,200 additional rounds. 1100 rpm, capable of firing Armor Piercing Discarding-Sabot(AP-DS)[aka flechettes], High Explosive Incendiary(HE-I), or Delayed High Explosive Reduced Penetration(DHE-RP). Effective range of 3000 meters.

65 mm Orcus Cannon; integrated into side torso and back. Can retract so as to point directly downwards when not in use, to keep from getting in the way. 15° rotation to opposing side, 65° rotation to attached side, -66° depression, +28° elevation, traverse of 24°/sec., internal ammuntion storage capacity of up to 12 rounds, though outboard storage can also hold up to additional 50 rounds. 20.46 rpm, capable of firing Armor Piercing Composite Rigid(APCR), High Explosive(HE), High Explosive Anti-Tank(HEAT), High Explosive Aimed Fragmentation(HEAF), and High Explosive Squash Head(HESH)(plus non-lethal such as smoke, signal, etc.)

This took me a stupidly long amount of time to write just this, mostly taken up by searching wikipedia for the right stuff. If you want more, I can give it to you, for example, they have a shield that they can carry covered with layers of armor and countermeasures.

EDIT: nearly forgot to mention, the suit links directly into the guy's brain, superseding a lot of his bodily input(not certain important stuff, but it means that instead/as well as flexing his right pinky, he zooms in, or something. This gives a little better than an HUD, I'd say.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 10:16:50 am by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Whatever. HMDS Australia would still be awesome.

Between the size of the island and the danger of the continent, it wouldn't fit much less than a floating fortress.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Why does it have to be pointed out that the ruler is in fact a dragon? Is there something you'd like to tell us?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

I'm still thinking up how I'd start out. I'll hold out until next turn and make my entrance.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why does it have to be pointed out that the ruler is in fact a dragon? Is there something you'd like to tell us?
Clearly he's a human sympathiser in disguise.
Unlike my character, who is fully a Human Rights Activist.
Sig

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, it's because in the UNNE, there is still nobility, so when you're being announced, your supposed to be differentiated. Meaning you're either Humanitarian or Draconic.

I'm making a few changes to the stats; thinking about it, the weight's a bit too high, and I forgot to put in speed/communications/battery life stuff.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

No, it's because in the UNNE, there is still nobility, so when you're being announced, your supposed to be differentiated. Meaning you're either Humanitarian or Draconic.

I'm making a few changes to the stats; thinking about it, the weight's a bit too high, and I forgot to put in speed/communications/battery life stuff.
Humanitarian implies that you're working for human wellbeing, nothing else.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Humanitarian implies that you're working for human wellbeing, nothing else.
If you have a better word for saying you are human, which of course would not have truly developed in the real world since everyone is human, then I welcome it. That said, that also implies that if that were true, that Draconic would mean much the same thing. In the meantime, I can say that Humanitarian does not imply that and nothing else in this world, because dragons.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

The word for human is human, I'm afraid. Noun= adjective.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Adjectival form of Human...

Hominid? That should work pretty well. Also subtly insulting, which may be a plus.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 35