Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 42

Author Topic: Bombs explode during Boston Marathon- Suspect Killed, Suspect Caught  (Read 32748 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Obama speech in 10 minutes. Tune into your live media of choice.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Back on the scanner.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm trying to listen to it, but it's a bit jumbled. I'm also doing other things at the same time, though. I didn't hear anything about Anthrax or officers being attacked, though.

It was around 20 minutes ago, though I'm definitively having troubles listening to it too so I might be mistaken. Sounds like they're investigating an empty, running van near Boston University though.

I've heard that. Unattended vehicle.

UNCONFIRMED: JFK Library event may be unrelated to the marathon explosions. It's been suggested that there was a mechanical issue that resulted in a fire.
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

News over here had a interview with the Mayor, who confirmed that the library was either an incendiary device or a fire, so not a bomb.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile

Anyone know where POTUS Is gonna be speaking?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

I'd like a link when that happens, as I have no TV.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've heard that the suspicious package at the hospital has been cleared by EOD.
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile

Does anyone else find it rather distasteful that this is getting so much attention while at the same time bombings in iraq killed at least three times as many people yesterday and no one gave a kink?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Does anyone else find it rather distasteful that this is getting so much attention while at the same time bombings in iraq killed at least three times as many people yesterday and no one gave a kink?
Yea a little.
Doesn't mean I care any less about what happened today, rather that more coverage should be given to these events over seas.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile

Yea a little.
Doesn't mean I care any less about what happened today, rather that more coverage should be given to these events over seas.

My thoughts exactly.

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

DEPRESSING SHIT: NBC Boston is saying the youngest victim is 3 years old.

Not really useful information, but depressing nevertheless.

Yea a little.

It's a bit distasteful. It's mostly because America is pretty giant media-wise. Most "Western" civilizations have at least some eyes on America. Almost nobody has eyes on the Middle East. Not to mention, the Middle East isn't exactly known as a paragon of stability and sanity. So when something like this happens there, it's less "NEWS" and more "business as usual." Whereas when it happens here, it's a pretty big deal. It's against the norm.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

The Boston Marathon is a big international event so people from all around the world may have been caught up in it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

DEPRESSING SHIT: NBC Boston is saying the youngest victim is 3 years old.
Gods fuck. I'm calling now that those media bastards and the whorespawn politicians that try to squeeze this to fuck with people are going to milk that if it's true. S'going to turn me goddamn apoplectic with rage. I enrage preemptively at those tasteless pieces of filth. Damned entertainment media bullshit.

Personal reaction beyond that pending further news. As with other stuff like this that's happened to the US in my lifetime, I'm... not really feeling anything unusual. S'a tragedy, yeah, but there's those every day all the time. Y'do what you can, but if you can't do anything about it, no point in getting worked up. I guess. Best victory against those who would strike you is to live despite it, etc., etc.

Heart goes out to the injured, killed, and those related to them. Praying the reaction to this isn't going to put the US into even more of a political shitter.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

In the USA its a tragedy, in Iraq, they call this "Monday".

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 42