Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 42

Author Topic: Bombs explode during Boston Marathon- Suspect Killed, Suspect Caught  (Read 32676 times)

foil

• Bay Watcher
  • Yarr!
    • View Profile

Wonder if it looks the same when a UAV bombs a busy street.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Got a video of the explosion. Not much to see, though.

EDIT: JFK Library may or may not be currently on fire.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 03:36:10 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nah, I think it's a little too early for that kind of embittered comparison.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

Update from BBC:

Secret service close public footpaths near the White House (though thats probably standard protocol).

1, maybe 2 more devices have been found and "dismantled" in addition to the 2 that went off and one that was destroyed.

Transport authority is closing subway lines.

I really fucking hope this has nothing to do with Korea.
This is a blank sig.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Newer reports are saying that it was 23 injured.

Another two bombs were found and are being disarmed.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Update from BBC:

Secret service close public footpaths near the White House (though thats probably standard protocol).

1, maybe 2 more devices have been found and "dismantled" in addition to the 2 that went off and one that was destroyed.

Transport authority is closing subway lines.

I really fucking hope this has nothing to do with Korea.

It probably doesn't. North Korea (or anybody for that matter) wouldn't risk getting invaded by the US for sponsoring terrorism just to bomb the Boston Marathon.
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

On the scanner I just heard a request for a bomb dog at 376 Boyle Street. Nothing significant there from what I can see on Google Maps.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

Koreans were specifically excluded from the Boston Marathon during the Korean War so there would be a slight historical reason.  That said there's really no evidence at all as to who caused the explosions, and you'd surely expect NK's first move to be a military strike against South Korea.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

I, too, don't think that NK would risk being zerg-rushed over two bombs and few killed people v:

Unless Kim is that crazy, but I don't think so.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

On the scanner I just heard a request for a bomb dog at 376 Boyle Street. Nothing significant there from what I can see on Google Maps.
Google maps uses sat pictures, not live views.

Less blood, more damage. UAV missiles are quite a bit stronger.

Besides, why would you want to bomb busy streets. Isn't the entire selling point of these things pinpoint accuracy elimination?

I, too, don't think that NK would risk being zerg-rushed over two bombs and few killed people v:

Unless Kim is that crazy, but I don't think so.
There was the twit that they were initiating military actions now. Could be a diversion strike.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Is there anything important being on fire in the jfk library?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

God I just heard coming out of the hospital in the lobby (which is where, incidentally, I heard about the Newtown and Time square shootings.)

Well, at least several bombs were found and disarmed. It's alot easier to figure out who did this. No one has claimed responsibility yet?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

North Korea has threatened to attack the south without warning, but I can't find any reports of actual military action.

e: or of them claiming any responsibility for the attack, for that matter.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Google maps uses sat pictures, not live views.
I was talking about there not being any significant structures there. Nothing you'd want to bomb.

EDIT: Scanner says the FBI is telling Boston PD to stop a Yellow Penske truck and detain the driver. I also heard someone yelling about a red car before cutting off their radio.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 03:51:30 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
No Gods, No Masters.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We've all been told to go home, and my phone is charged a bit now so I'm heading out. No updates for the next hour. Glad I took my bike in since the subways are apparently shut down.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 42