Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Slab Management help please  (Read 653 times)

xcorps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Slab Management help please
« on: April 15, 2013, 08:21:17 am »

I was having some fun with ice and managed to freeze cyrogenically store some dorfs. While attempting to retrieve their corpses preserved bodies, I had some more fun and now have to do some slabbing.

The issue I've run into is that I have more slabs than engraved slabs. I built a nice room for my dorfs to laugh at mourn their brethren, but I can't find the best way to place the engraved slabs without also placing unengraved slabs. I came up with z-stocks-tab-forbid, but I'm wondering if there is a less tiresome more elegant way.

Thanks.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Slab Management help please
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 08:24:50 am »

I block all stockpiles from accepting slabs, and place the engraving workshops closer than the mason's. That way, the engraved slabs are always first on the list when I expand it.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 08:33:04 am »

press x to extend list of specific building materials, in this case individual slabs, with engraved ones being named, instead of Granite Slab (36).
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

comham

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 08:40:02 am »

press x to extend list of specific building materials, in this case individual slabs, with engraved ones being named, instead of Granite Slab (36).
Yeah, this. Also helps with putting slabs dedicated to forgotten beasts in the barracks of the squads which killed them.

xcorps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 08:56:52 am »

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I never knew that was possible. I am now stunned by science.

zooeyglass

• Bay Watcher
  • Melbil that!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 09:51:05 am »

Same thing for plenty of build menus, including the list for what goes into a weapon trap - want to pick only the masterful serrated green glass disks? Expand the list to pick 'em.

It is a total pain in the butt, but you gotta do what you gotta do if you want that upright candy weapon.
Your suspicions are nothing more than superstition