Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: item stands?  (Read 395 times)

human_dictionary

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
item stands?
« on: April 15, 2013, 02:25:45 am »

im a relatively new player and ive only had a few strange moods, but ive also had some rather useless artifacts, like a figurine. that would be great if i could only trade the thing, so why not make a use for these and make item stands, which, when hovered over with [q] allow you to type in the name of an item or artifact and dwarves will place it there, boosting happiness?

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: item stands?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 06:13:55 am »

These don't yet exist in vanilla DF, but someone created a building called a display case and I have the code right here:

Code: [Select]
[BUILDING_WORKSHOP:DISPLAY_CASE]
[NAME:Display Case]
[NAME_COLOR:7:0:1]
[BUILD_LABOR:MASON]
[BUILD_KEY:CUSTOM_SHIFT_Y]
[DIM:1:1]
[WORK_LOCATION:1:1]
[BLOCK:1:0]
[TILE:0:1:'#']
[COLOR:0:1:0:7:0]
[TILE:1:1:'#']
[COLOR:1:1:0:7:0]
[TILE:2:1:'#']
[COLOR:2:1:0:7:0]
[TILE:3:1:8]
[COLOR:3:1:6:2:0]
[BUILD_ITEM:1:BLOCKS:NONE:NONE:NONE][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]
[BUILD_ITEM:1:BOX:NONE:NONE:NONE][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]
[BUILD_ITEM:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]

Okay, I modified it a bit for my own uses. The box used to be a green glass one specifically, but I made it any. The last item is ANY item, so it's the one where you can put the shiny otherwise useless artifact. Don't forget to add [PERMITTED_BUILDING:DISPLAY_CASE] under [ENTITY:MOUNTAIN] in entity_default, or your dwarves won't have access to it.

Unfortunately, utilizing this requires a new worldgen. Still, it's better than nothing.

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.