Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Shells?  (Read 1106 times)

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shells?
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2013, 05:12:10 pm »

I think vermin fish just continually spawn? If not, that might explain why I seemed to be catching less fish.

Anyone have any further info to chip in on this particular aspect of fishing?
This is an exceptional obsidian statue of Daral Darkscab.
The item is an exceptionally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massive). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

I'm so glad my masons have chosen to memorialize the really important events.

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2013, 02:08:28 pm »

yeah, fishing eventually depletes the supply, and there's no replensihment-yet. 
So use other methods to provide a large fort with food.
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

KroganElite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2013, 02:28:24 pm »

I read somewhere that they will eventually replenish in 50-60+ years if you remove fishers for that time.  Also I've heard that you can drop corpses into the rivers and eventually river vermins will spawn. Just speculation though and those posts are 1-2 years old, no real !!SCIENCE!! involved.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2013, 03:01:52 pm »

I read somewhere that they will eventually replenish in 50-60+ years if you remove fishers for that time.  Also I've heard that you can drop corpses into the rivers and eventually river vermins will spawn. Just speculation though and those posts are 1-2 years old, no real !!SCIENCE!! involved.
I know for a fact that the corpse one is false. The first one might be true, but would only work if you haven't already fished out your rivers (i.e. there is still a base population to grow). An easier fix is to simply go into the raws and increase the [POPULATION_NUMBER:X:X] tokens by a factor of 20 or so.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2013, 11:50:14 am »

I'd rather they all die than mod in shells for cats or some crap like that.

I chucked at the thought of a hermit-cat carrying a shell on its back.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

zzedar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2013, 05:44:00 pm »

Someday I'm going to write a mod that lets you use eggshells as shell. Create a custom reaction to turn eggs into usable shells.
kingubu cancels Efficiency: Taken by mood
Project Whalegun is a go. Load the whale cannon!
Pages: 1 [2]