Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Egotistical kid  (Read 1154 times)

zzedar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Egotistical kid
« on: April 14, 2013, 01:40:31 pm »

Who names an artifact after herself?
kingubu cancels Efficiency: Taken by mood
Project Whalegun is a go. Load the whale cannon!

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
Re: Egotistical kid
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 02:00:27 pm »

Possessed dwarves, usually.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

zzedar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 02:03:19 pm »

Possessed dwarves, usually.
But she wasn't -- it was a fey mood.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 03:03:04 pm »

Even if it wasn't ever programmed to happen, it would still sometimes happen since names for dwarves and artifacts draw from the same limited pool of words.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Drazinononda

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm really too normal to play this game so much.`
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 07:08:15 pm »

This is consistently repeatable, actually: if you forbid the first item tasked for the artifact while the dwarf is still gathering materials, it will gather a different object to replace it and the resulting artifact will be named after the dwarf, regardless of what the name originally would have been. Thus you'll often see this happen when selectively forbidding and claiming materials to maximize artifact value.
Children you rescue shouldn't behave like rabid beasts.  I guess your regular companions shouldn't act like rabid beasts either.
I think that's a little more impossible than I'm likely to have time for.

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 07:42:23 pm »

when she gets too smug about it, treat her the same way as one would treat a noble.

We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 01:36:31 am »

I like the thought of a kid brandishing some hideous weapon made from poultry bones and going: "I call it: Me!"
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

zzedar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 11:48:58 am »

This is consistently repeatable, actually: if you forbid the first item tasked for the artifact while the dwarf is still gathering materials, it will gather a different object to replace it and the resulting artifact will be named after the dwarf, regardless of what the name originally would have been.
I didn't do that, though -- if I were going for maximum value, would I have chosen goose bone? (I did forbid all my cotton candy reserves, as I always do when a non-(weapon|armor)smith mood starts up)