Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 34.11 Dead Civ and Caravans/Liaisons/Migrants  (Read 526 times)

TDarksword

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
34.11 Dead Civ and Caravans/Liaisons/Migrants
« on: April 14, 2013, 11:51:42 am »

Hi, not sure if this is me finding duff information on the boards/wiki or a bug.

I embarked with a civ that is dead (last actions in Legends in 103, now 1050), which as far as I know should mean that I get no caravans, liaisons or migrant waves past the first two. Correct?

I am though getting all of the above, and if I abandon my fortress and look in Legends, it shows a liaison being created, and then leaving the civ as soon as he left the Fortress mode map, then again the year after.

Daetrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 34.11 Dead Civ and Caravans/Liaisons/Migrants
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 12:01:48 pm »

Yeah.  I've been fiddling with dead civs myself and you'll eventually stop getting migrants (One time I got 60 total, one time I got 15), but you can stop the liasons/caravans by going into your save raws and deleting the ACTIVE_SEASON:AUTUMN entry from the dwarf civ.
All you need to know about Ardentdikes
It is really, really easy to flood this place with magma fwiw.

Doors stop fire, right?

TDarksword

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 34.11 Dead Civ and Caravans/Liaisons/Migrants
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 01:49:48 pm »

Yeah.  I've been fiddling with dead civs myself and you'll eventually stop getting migrants (One time I got 60 total, one time I got 15), but you can stop the liasons/caravans by going into your save raws and deleting the ACTIVE_SEASON:AUTUMN entry from the dwarf civ.

Hmm.

Re the active_season, does that need doing pre-embark, or just pre the season the caravan/liaison normally turns up in, as I did that and still got the caravan/liaison.