Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Let sneaking be considered a suspicious activity  (Read 635 times)

Adrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Let sneaking be considered a suspicious activity
« on: April 13, 2013, 04:24:25 pm »

Exactly what it says on the tin.

Failing to sneak past an enemy will obviously give you their full attention, but why should this only apply to combat scenarios?
I think sneaking through a town in plain sight and broad daylight should net you weird looks from bystanders and have guards question you about your behavior and motives.
Because why else would someone be sneaking around if (s)he's not doing anything suspicious?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 07:46:23 am by Adrian »

King Mir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let sneaking be considered a suspicious activity
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 04:30:53 pm »

This is already implemented in the current release that will be out soon.

Adrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 04:57:33 pm »

All i found was that sneaking during combat would be improved with the whole Metal Dwarf Solid-thing and whatnot.
But i've never read anything about the social implications of sneaking through a town in plain sight.

Consider: If you saw someone miserably failing at trying to stay unnoticed the streets, would you
A. notify the nearby policeman
B. keep observing him while he is in your line of sight, or
C. ignore him like it's the most common thing in the world?

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 08:18:36 pm »

you're literally taking exactly what toady said, read the devlogs.
You wake up in (suddenly) your room not somewhere Armok knows where. Travels in deserts and goblin forests turned up to be a dreams borned by procreation of your autistic imagination.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 12:27:57 am »

Yes, next version. This is coming next version:

Quote from: DFTalk 19
Rainseeker:   Exactly. I don't know, if you are sneaking around everywhere does that build up your skill, and does that look suspicious to human towns?
Toady:   That was something we've promised for this release, is that you're not supposed to do that. You keep your weapon around and, yeah, you shouldn't skulk around like some kind of shifty character.
Rainseeker:   How are people going to react if you do?
Toady:   I'm not sure. We haven't really decided if they should just be, like, 'What is that dumbass over there doing?' The problem is there are no guards, right now. We've got to bring the guards back, sometime, because then you've got real trouble, right? If you're skulking around with your dagger out then that guard will just come over and clock you in the head, or something, like, 'What are you doing?' The other people? I don't know if they would just not talk to you, or they'd ask you if the renaissance fair's in town, or what on earth you're doing. I mean, I'm not sure what I'd do if I saw someone skulking. I wouldn't necessarily call the cops, I'd just think they were being a dumbass, sometimes. Especially since you see them, right? You see them and they know that you see them and you're still sneaking. People will just ask you if you had a bad back, or something.

Adrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 07:45:47 am »

In my defense, i don't listen to DFTalks.
I don't have enough patience to listen people talk for 90 minutes. :D