Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: More Profession tittles.  (Read 454 times)

Tizer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:awesome top hat]
    • View Profile
More Profession tittles.
« on: April 13, 2013, 04:08:11 pm »

When a Dwarf is bed ridden his profession becomes Patient.
When a Dwarf can walk around, but has major injuries such as a broken hand or leg, would be a cripple, or recovering patient.
When in jail for a crime his is a Inmate or Prisoner.

Those would be fairly nice to have,
Even nicer would be something like:

Feb Lelumobok, Mason & Off Duty SpearDwarf.

Would this be at all possible?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: More Profession tittles.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 04:14:01 pm »

Would the 'patient' or 'inmate' REPLACE the profession, or be added on? Like 'Obok Bogracker, Mason Inmate'

If my legendary smith gets imprisoned, I wanna know who i'm supposed to protect from the hammerer. Plus, I like to know what I have and not train another smith while there is one in jail or the hospital.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Tizer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:awesome top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 04:19:57 pm »

I think it should be tacked on the end of the profession. "Mason Inmate", "HammerDwarf Patient"

The main reason for the Profession Titles are so you can easily SEE what the Dwarf's jobs are. However if both his legs are broken and he'll never walk again, I think it's more important to have that info shown, rather then Mason or MaceDwarf.

Too many times I have recruited bedridden cripples into my army, just because they have some skill in Axes.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 06:20:19 pm »

When a Dwarf is bed ridden his profession becomes Patient.
When a Dwarf can walk around, but has major injuries such as a broken hand or leg, would be a cripple, or recovering patient.
When in jail for a crime his is a Inmate or Prisoner.

Tiklot Shorastsibrek, "Tiklot Wiresalve" Stoneworker recovering patient prisoner.

...Might be a bit spammy.

Deboche

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 12:57:28 am »

this seems like an interface type suggestion. I'm expecting at some point the interface will have a huge overhaul so the game will be playable without other programs

this frustration with the cripled dwarves, don't you have it with the military screen in general, with assigning people to burrows or workshops and penning and butchering animals? that last one is the worst for me, makes me want to kill everything and just have dogs chickens and alpacas