Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 100

Author Topic: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Game Over]  (Read 169437 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Day 5]
« Reply #1365 on: July 24, 2013, 04:48:46 am »

"How do I know you're not a bully with a silhouette based power? What would you gain in knowing this: have you seen any unaccounted for silhouettes? If you're a loyal student what's your cutesy name then? I spoke rashly yesterday, for which I'm sorry. Given that I've a 75% chance of losing if anyone is lynched today I don't intend to lynch you."

Right here.

That is what I have been reading. This statement is unnaturally shady given that it is directed towards the very last player who can help you achieve your wincon. You were nervous over a silhouette. In another statement, you "think" you can confirm Griffinpup, when he already has been confirmed!

I have also asked a question that you have been prudently ignoring this entire day so far. Would you mind answering it?
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: July 24, 2013, 05:04:44 am »

"Further evidence that you haven't been paying attention Birdy-yogisha! I answered your question about my actions last night here:

"I went to Dariush-san's house last night. No one was home."

"You're getting your narrative all mixed up here. Let me spell it out just in case you're not deliberately obfuscating:

1. First Griff-kun asks for my silhouette
2. I am reluctant given the legitimate concern that Griff-kun (or indeed some other student here) may have a silhouette-related power.
3. About seven hours later I read back through the thread and work out which silhouettes are actually remaining
4. I realise at this point that Griff-kun is most likely the only boy silhouette remaining (and so town) and I ask if they can tell me their shadow so I can confirm my hunch
5. In a show of good faith, I claim my own silhouette
6. Birdy-yogisha misreads the proceedings (whether wilfully or not, I'm unsure) and claims I am a bully

Do you understand now?"

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: July 24, 2013, 10:32:38 am »

Vote Count

(0)Griffion -
(0)Deathsword -
(1)Notquitethere - Birdy51
(0)Birdy51 -

(3)Not Voting: Griffion, Deathsword, Notquitethere

Notquitethere has requested a shorten, two more requests and the game will be shortened to Wednesday 7/24 at 11 PM EST.

Birdy51 has opposed the shorten.  (I'll let him do that because he didn't also vote for an extend)

Day 5 will last until Thursday 7/25 at 11 PM EST
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 10:34:26 am by ToonyMan »

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: July 24, 2013, 03:09:48 pm »

NQT: I do understand now, and I see that you have answered my question. The only reason I didn't see it earlier is that you chose to mix it up in the midst of another statement. Birdy is old and sometimes requires a good reminder.

Yet... I find it quite odd that you chose Dariush's house to go to, considering he had already expressed preference for staying with Tiruin. As I understand, you have to be alone with a Town Boy, which defeats the purpose of going to his house.

Then, the whole "scary-house" incident with Leafsnail was never quite fully explained, especially given as her character was a simple "love" Third-Party. What did you hope to gain from declaring Leafsnail's house as frightening?
BIRDS.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: July 24, 2013, 06:30:39 pm »

"I could definitely have been clearer, for which I apologise. I thought Dariush's house was your house and I thought one of the town boys might investigate it that night, especially after you said you weren't going to be in. Both these assumptions proved false.

"As for the scary house, I was just saying it how it was in case the information was useful to anyone and because at the time it made LS-san seem more suspicious. I suspect one of the players (possibly deceased) had some kind of fear effect. Strikes me it'd be a pretty weird thing to claim for any other reason."

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: July 24, 2013, 10:43:44 pm »

Unvote. Congrats NQT. It took you a bit but you've won me over. As nervous as this makes me, I'm willing to trust both you and Deathsword to the bitter end. There is nothing left to hide. This charade is over.

I have a lot to say, so I am going to throw out a tentative Extend vote. We may need another day or two to discuss, and we can always shorten if we do happen to come to a decision.

There is a wall of text incoming...

I am the final remaining bully, Birdy51, the Vengeful Child-Hood Friend-San. I was our team's redirector. I can supply where and when I redirected people, but I'll talk about that later if there is still time.

There are a few things I need to say.

First, Griffinpup. I fully expect you to vote for me after this claim, and this is merely in anticipation to cancel out your vote. I am certain we'll talk later. Have a good night.

Deathsword I apologize for manipulating you. NQT's behavior bothered me significantly, even as a bully. However, the only way I could have possibly achieved a lynch against him would have been by manipulating both you and Griffinpup to vote for him. I hope there is no ill will there, as you would have still been able to win if I had followed through with my plans.

NQT. To be blunt, you scare me shitless, far more than I fear either Griffinpup or Deathsword. I don't know whether you are telling the truth or not, but your polite candor impressed me. You did not run or start making excuses. Rather you made your answers quite plain.

One of the first lessons I learned playing Mafia, is that simple answers can speak volumes more than a complex one. I'm putting my trust in the fact that you a Love Third Party based on how you reacted to my prodding. My victory depends on it because I cannot perform our factional night kill.

Shinigami King and Zombie Urist both had the ability to bully people.  The way that they bullied was different between them both. Shinigami was a seductress archetype, while ZU tended to scream at things until they ran away. This is what Shinigami meant when he said we could kill more than one person at a time.

However, to actually bully someone, they had to be at the right house with the right amount of people in them. Neither of them would stood a chance if the Town suddenly decided to band together and share a house.

That is where I come in.

As I mentioned earlier, I am the scum team redirector. It was my job to deflect threats against them and prevent clumping. However, my redirect does not work like yours does Deathsword. Mine is a bit more random.

I select a house and prepare to stay at home for the night. Anyone attempting to visit that house randomly ends up in three houses of my choosing. In this way, other players are filtered from one another, thus preventing them from protecting themselves in a party situation. But, this role would be much too swingy if I was also able Night Kill. Case in point, Night 1.

Griffinpup stopped in. I wasn't interrupted like you can be Deathsword, but I also was not able to harm him because we already ha two bullies on the loose. Rather, I was treated like any other girl would have been treated. We spent the night together.

Night 4, I decided to be the one to return the favor and paid him a visit in order to maintain a "safe" appearance by helping him gain his powers. I couldn't bully him, so my only option was to gain his trust and hope that I last long enough to not get lynched.

Then suddenly, Dinosaur Rampage.

She's the only reason Team Scum might actually pull off a victory. This is one chance that I didn't want to screw up, which made me edgy. After Tiruin's sudden rampage, I felt compelled to make myself certain that I can trust the players that remain. If one player managed to hide that vicious of a secret, then what else could be lurking?

I thought to thin the field, and ensure that there was no room for error, so I fished around for anything else that might be lurking. You became a prime suspect in that search, NQT. But I believe I can trust you, so I shall give you a chance to love and not such be a bastard about it. I've spent more than enough time being paranoid.

I have a plan to see to it that both you and Deathsword can win the game. It's fool proof for allowing at least one of you to find love.

It's simple.

NQT, go to House 4. This is Griffinpup's house. I know his house number because Shinigami paid a visit on Day 2 and the party got crashed by Dariush.

Deathsword, use your redirect to pull all people going to House 14 to your house at 3.

I shall use my own redirect to move everyone going to my House at 6, go to Houses 3, 14, and 4. This leaves nowhere for Griffinpup to avoid love.

Once we get to Night 6, we can start planning for that as well.

For quick reference, here is what I am all claiming.

I am the last scum and redirector, and I need the Third-Parties out of the game to force Griffinpup into a stalemate.

I admit to trying to get NQT lynched, on grounds of  paranoid suspicions.

I cannot kill, which forces me to rely on the Third-Parties wanting to fulfill their wincon to win.

I have a plan, but it requires you both to trust me.

I am confident I managed to miss something… So please ask questions, even ones that might appear to have obvious answers. Hiding anything is the very last thing I want to do.

So please, ask me anything.
BIRDS.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: July 24, 2013, 10:59:39 pm »

Sorry to double post, but I realized my entire argument can be summed up quite easily in one sentence...

NQT... Deathsword... Will you be my friends?

BIRDS.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: July 24, 2013, 11:05:39 pm »

WTF...
Toonyman, what sick type of game is this that has EVERY scum member claiming... :o I'll tell you, NQT and DS, why Birdy's plan is stupid, but I'm tired tonight.  So tomorrow then.  Night.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: July 24, 2013, 11:28:21 pm »

"Birdy-san, no hard feelings felt, I appreciate your candour. Extend until we've gotten this sorted out. I like the sound of your plan, especially as it allows Deathsword-san and I a chance for happiness.

"Griff-kun, I'm eager to hear your objections to this. A stalemate for you two is surely a better option than a loss for either, no?"

"Deathsword-san, what do you think of Birdy-san's plan? Any obvious hole in it?"

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: July 25, 2013, 10:41:59 am »

"Deathsword-san, what do you think of Birdy-san's plan? Any obvious hole in it?"
The only hole is that my "revised" ability (also known as what it really does as opposed to what I thought it did) wasn't considered by birdy. If anyone is going to house 3 (where I am), they will go to 14 (NQT), which wil be empty, instead. That means we get a night where nothing happens.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: July 25, 2013, 11:26:50 am »

Since Notquitethere has switched to an extend and Birdy has extended as well the game will have 48 hours added, not counting weekends the day will now end Monday July 29th at 11 PM EST.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: July 25, 2013, 12:03:03 pm »

"If these redirects last all night then I have a cunning plan: I'll go to 6, and you two stay at home. Deathsword-san can do the switcheroo on 18 and 14. Birdy-san, you do the redirect from 18 to 14, 6 and 3. If Griff-kun stays at home, I'll meet him. If he goes to 14 he'll go to 18. If he goes to 18, he'll end up at either mine or Deathsword-san's house or he'll end up at 14, where he'll be be put back in the loop. Eventually he'll come out with me or Deathsword-san!

"Does that sound like it would work?"

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: July 25, 2013, 03:26:20 pm »

"If these redirects last all night then I have a cunning plan: I'll go to 6, and you two stay at home. Deathsword-san can do the switcheroo on 18 and 14. Birdy-san, you do the redirect from 18 to 14, 6 and 3. If Griff-kun stays at home, I'll meet him. If he goes to 14 he'll go to 18. If he goes to 18, he'll end up at either mine or Deathsword-san's house or he'll end up at 14, where he'll be be put back in the loop. Eventually he'll come out with me or Deathsword-san!

"Does that sound like it would work?"

Not if he goes to my house, which is House 6. I'm not sure whether you plan will work, but I need to be certain we're on the same page as well. Here is a refresher on the housing situation.

Deathsword owns House 3

Griffinpup is at House 4

I am at House 6

And you are at House 14

The only hole is that my "revised" ability (also known as what it really does as opposed to what I thought it did) wasn't considered by birdy. If anyone is going to house 3 (where I am), they will go to 14 (NQT), which wil be empty, instead. That means we get a night where nothing happens.

Alright, I did get confused by your ability a bit.

If I understand you correctly, your redirect works a bit like this:

House 6 <-> House 3

The two house locations are swapped for the night.

I fear whatever our plan is, it's going to have to rely on a bit WIFOM to succeed. That or there is a solution to this puzzle that I'm not quite seeing.
BIRDS.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: July 25, 2013, 03:53:12 pm »

"Ah, replace 4 with 6 in the plan I outlined. That's what I meant. I go to 4, you stay at 6, Deathsword-san stays at 3. You cast your power on 14, and Deathsword-san casts his power on 6 and 14. Draw a diagram and you'll see how it works."

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: July 25, 2013, 03:58:55 pm »

Before I get my response in, I need to know a few things.

DS:
If given the choice with no negative consequences for you, would you pick more people to win or less?
Do you have any preference on whether scum or town wins if it doesn't effect you?

And I found it funny that the person that I was attacking claimed scum (Shinigami_King), and then the person that was attacking ME also claimed scum. (ZU)  now, when I'm the lone town member in what would normally be lylo, the OTHER scum claims.  I'm just kinda sad because I didn't get to scumhunt at all.  :(
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 100