Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 100

Author Topic: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Game Over]  (Read 169662 times)

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
  • My flavor text tastes like apples!
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Day 3]
« Reply #1065 on: June 25, 2013, 10:56:10 pm »

extend. Sorry everyone.

I will give some input as to the fact that, though leafsnail has not been my main focus this game, I have not seen her (I think her) as a scummy player when compared to nerjin and dariush. NQT has acted suspicious but I haven't been paying too much attention to him either.
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: June 26, 2013, 09:45:56 am »

PFP

NQT: Why were you at Leafsnail's house in the first place? Also, did you see any silhouettes? If so, could you indicate which?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: June 26, 2013, 11:12:16 am »

ZU-san
"I'm not setting up a one or the other situation: I was asking Leafsnail-san why I should consider Dariush-yogisha a more likely target. I think Leafsnail-san might be telling the truth, it's quite possible. I gave fuller details when fuller details were asked. Is there a problem with co-operating with my fellow schoolmates?"

Toaster-san
"I'm responding to queries and asking new questions. Now I have a bit more time I'll continue to do so."

Leafsnail-san
"I think your response seems more earnest than if you'd obviously made up a nonsense response about the spooky house. It's possible that someone else arrived at the house but their silhouette was obscured."

Deathsword-san
"I was investigating houses in a methodical manner, using the fullest of my powers to hunt for bullies. Just happened it was Leafnail-san's house I wandered into. I saw no silhouettes, but Toony-senpai has just clarified for me that I actually ran home in a terrified state before passing out, so it's possible that someone came as I left. Are you trying to imply that you stayed at home last night?"

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: June 26, 2013, 12:06:37 pm »

ZU-san
"I'm not setting up a one or the other situation: I was asking Leafsnail-san why I should consider Dariush-yogisha a more likely target. I think Leafsnail-san might be telling the truth, it's quite possible. I gave fuller details when fuller details were asked. Is there a problem with co-operating with my fellow schoolmates?"
So you're asking LS to give you a case on Dariush? As far as I can see, you've never had a good reason for voting Dariush.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: June 26, 2013, 12:52:17 pm »

"I voted Dariush-yogisha before because he spent his whole time moaning about Soli-chan's charming pictures rather than actually searching for bullies. My thinking though is that if you really want someone suspended from school then you should reach out to your fellow students and convince them. Leafsnail-san doesn't seem all that interested in doing so other than to say that she's already made a case against Dariush-yogisha that we can all see for ourselves."

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: June 26, 2013, 02:06:04 pm »

Vote Count

(0)Griffion -
(1)Leafsnail - Notquitethere
(0)Captain Ford -
(1)Toaster - Tiruin
(0)Tiruin -
(2)Dariush - Shinigami_King, Leafsnail
(0)Zombie Urist -
(0)Shinigami_King -
(0)Deathsword -
(3)Notquitethere - Zombie Urist, Deathsword, Toaster
(1)Birdy51 - Dariush

(3)Not Voting: Giffion, Captain Ford, Birdy51

Tiruin and Shinigami_King have requested an extension.  If four more people request an extend then the Day will have 48 hours added.

Day 3 will last until Wednesday 6/26 at 11 PM EST

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: June 26, 2013, 04:03:37 pm »

PFP
(3)Notquitethere - Zombie Urist, Deathsword, Toaster
"Those are some very weak cases for a lynch.
NQT:  This vote is staying until you actually contribute.  This "post" doesn't count at all.
"Actually staying until he 'contributes.' Contributes, what? Have you seen him skirt around the time of our classes doing nothing, or are you just jumping on another man's throat for pretty much a blank reason only to be implied by the state of contribution?"[/color]

Don't strawman me.  Calling my opinion on Cado elusive is a pile of crap and you know it.  He was claimed non-town.  I suspected he was mafia.  I was incorrect, but I don't regret his lynch at all.  Is that straightforward enough for you?
"Now who's defensive here, huh? My intention was never to strawman, but to give what I saw on it. It's pretty much obvious that when someone says it's 'elusive', that doesn't mean that it takes it wholly as something for being disregarded. You telling me it's something you see, and saying I know it is something to note, because it would be stupid for me to call it out and know it--sadly, that's your PoV, mister.

"You suspected he was mafia, on what basis? I stated it was elusive due to your points on Cado's case. Your points were outlined, and you being defensive really tips me off that they weren't as sincere as I first thought."

Your notes on him being anti-town along with what you accuse him of are evident in the way on how you define him without giving him any say on those points.

I'm unsure if I typed this out before, but the list that you spoilered was purely on him not wanting to claim his house #, and it was clarified by the reason of 'scum will target me.' That makes a lot more sense when you can't leave your house, huh.

And now we're somehow going on NQT, for oblivious reasons again? Those who're hunting him aren't even extending, because I can't see how NQT is scum based on..well, just what he posted during D3. Same on the previous days (but with a minor lacking difference of conversation..).

He saw a terrifying thing, which is vague in a way that really doesn't come off as insensible, or just blankly accusing.

Anyway, back here.

[1] Since I know you won't drop it until I quote the obvious for you, here:

I've said many times in many games before that dribbling out a claim rather than putting it all out in one piece is scummy.  Ranger executes the dribble claim here:

Five posts to dribble out a claim, and that's before the house number nonsense.  That's way too long to do a claim.

Speaking of house number nonsense...

If that doesn't set your scumdar ablaze, it's time to get it recalibrated.  Or replaced.  Or it doesn't matter because you're his scumbuddy, one of the above.

Do I need to draw you a picture?
[/quote]I believe you really need to. Because I'm not seeing the difference in viewpoints here judging by the reluctance on house # claiming based purely on the simpler case of 'so I can wincon.'

Which was a crucial part of your case, right?

General

Deathsword-san
"I was investigating houses in a methodical manner, using the fullest of my powers to hunt for bullies. Just happened it was Leafnail-san's house I wandered into. I saw no silhouettes, but Toony-senpai has just clarified for me that I actually ran home in a terrified state before passing out, so it's possible that someone came as I left. Are you trying to imply that you stayed at home last night?"
I've clarified with Toony that movement is the first thing before any actions taken. Then redirects. Then movement interrupting people. Then most other actions.

...With commentary that 'probably' is attached to everything else after movement being the first thing, like from 'always movement first' to 'and then probably redirect targeting the movements.'

ZU: "Same applies to you. Your case on Ranger was nothing but 'he's scummier than Dariush' without explaining how. You said that You'd respond to my questions. You respond to the another set of questions Something which wasn't in the SAME post which is intended to be answered, denoted by the 'ignore' part which I see is a subtle way or wording around my questions stated A few bits above it.

NQT I stayed in my house last night to work on my ability. You're quite sure you visited Leafsnail's house right? This lacks other details, but I'm curious about why you'd only claim at that time and not before. More questions: Why'd you label your claim post as 'small', and what else I say here.

Argh schoolwork. Hard to even latch onto this thread. I know I'm missing details here. >_>

Also, it's Wednesday here. Ugh. Timezones.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: June 26, 2013, 04:07:45 pm »

EBWOP: Can't do IC speak because of how long this is out of wording.

NQT can you clarify what you meant here? 'One thing we can be sure of'?

Also on those Small Claims. Why did you claim only then?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: June 26, 2013, 04:11:08 pm »

EBW- you get the point >_>

NQT here, you're acknowledging a possibility. But in a very weird way.

I'm willing to admit the possibility that someone else was being scary to your house (though I saw no one there) but it is very odd. Convince me there's a better case on Dariush-yogisha."
...And it seems funny to me in a grammatical way >_<
"Someone else was being scary..to your house. Uh.

"Why're you asking him to convince you, though? Isn't that part of your own job?"

On that note, I'd like honest views from everyone. I'm wondering if most of the female-roles here are third-party compared to males.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: June 26, 2013, 05:26:49 pm »

On that note, I'd like honest views from everyone. I'm wondering if most of the female-roles here are third-party compared to males.
You want people to both claim their sex and whether they're third party or not?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: June 26, 2013, 05:37:39 pm »

"...No. I'd want to hear what others have to say about it. There's a theme going on here."

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: June 26, 2013, 07:08:11 pm »

"First things first: Dariush-yogisha, so I don't get instalynched because three people can't spot when people obviously aren't bullies. Tiruin-sama, I'll get to you in a second."

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: June 26, 2013, 07:29:53 pm »

Extend - I have not had nearly enough time to devote to this and I have no further time to do so tonight.

Shinigami_King:
extend. Sorry everyone.
YOU NEED TO BOLD THIS.

Toaster:
It's not a cult. They were sharing a house.
What makes you say this?  From the flavor, I don't see this conclusion at all.

Maybe because we are down 5 players but only 4 houses? Or maybe it could be:
Ottofar-san and Solifuge-san have lost!  House 1 has been evicted!

If it were a cult, then an additional house would have been closed when Solifuge was recruited, or when he lost. Neither happened, so the obvious conclusion is that they shared that house from the beginning.

I'm not third party, but I almost certainly am (or was) a target for somebody else's wincon.
You've already claimed a lot- why not claim enough to define this?
I'm talking about cosmetic stuff like my hair color, gender, etc. Something about me definitely sets me apart.

Sue me, but I'm not all that eager to help third parties find their targets.

Let me just ask you this bluntly- do you currently have a wincon at all?
Yes. I win when the "mafia" are kicked out of school or no longer a problem.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: June 26, 2013, 08:48:27 pm »

"Tiruin-sama, to answer your questions: I claimed then merely because I was more absent before. It was a small claim because I wasn't saying anything about myself. I definitely went to Leafsnail's house (that you don't see that this would be obvious from how Toony-senpai phrases the night time messages lends credence to your claim that you haven't left your house)- I know what redirecting feels like as it happened to me on the first night (where I was redirected to house 1). 

"I thought, rightly, that Ranger-kun was telling the truth because a bully would never make such a claim and there was no logical reason anyone else would say something of the sort unless there was some truth in it.

"Also, extend."

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: June 26, 2013, 09:13:57 pm »

extend
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 100