Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 100

Author Topic: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Game Over]  (Read 169524 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Day 2]
« Reply #810 on: June 12, 2013, 07:04:55 pm »

No third-party is with me to my knowledge.
Ok now this came across to me as a 'same house' thing..or aligned with you? ...What.

Everyone- Not asking for WIFOM, just some insight from the public, does anyone here have an opinion that they would like to share about the night. (Nk's, questionable actions etc.)
Not WIFOM if it's rational in notion. I'm curious on one part--Toony said there was a theme to the game, and it was like a secondayr objective as said in the OP.

..Questionable actions, though? What're those?

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: June 12, 2013, 07:42:01 pm »

Tiruin: You asked if i had a connection to any other third parties. As far as i know i don't.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: June 12, 2013, 08:04:44 pm »

Imperial Guardsman - Nerjin has left a bad taste in my mouth. How do you taste? What are your views of Nerjin. Specifically, I'm curious as to what you think of vote mania but I'm curious about your general reads. What do you think of PotL, Tiruin and Solifuge.
Ah, I think Nerjin-san is a big stupid head. Why would he leave us? was he a stupid bully? And i think they are all good people! Except Tiruin-san. Hes a bit on the mean side, De Arimasu! (amidoingitright
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 08:09:18 pm by Imperial Guardsman »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Day 1]
« Reply #813 on: June 12, 2013, 08:24:43 pm »

Vote Count

(0)Griffion -
(0)Leafsnail -
(0)Captain Ford -
(0)Toaster -
(0)Tiruin -
(1)Dariush - Shinigami_King
(0)Zombie Urist -
(1)Phantom of the Library - Deathsword
(0)Shinigami_King -
(1)RangerCado - Toaster
(0)Deathsword -
(0)Notquitethere -
(1)Solifuge - Dariush
(1)Imperial Guardsman - Tiruin

(9)Not Voting: Giffion, Leafsnail, Captain Ford, Zombie Urist, Phantom of the Library, RangerCado, Notquitethere, Solifuge, Imperial Guardsman

Day 2 will last until Friday 6/14 at 11 PM EST

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: June 12, 2013, 08:29:20 pm »

amidoingitright
« Last Edit: Today at 06:09:18 pm by Imperial Guardsman »
Nope.

Also NQT
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: June 12, 2013, 08:52:01 pm »

NQT

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: June 12, 2013, 09:08:59 pm »

Tiruin:
♫~
"Sounds like you know a lot more about your own role, huh my Captain?"
Oh, I know every detail about my role. It was never a mystery to me.

Speaking of which, I'm satisfied that claiming now is the right thing to do.

I'm the Satellite(L). I don't have a house. I cannot vote or be voted, and I cannot take any actions at night.

On Night 3, I will fall to earth and smash into someone's house. They will be evicted (or possibly killed) and I will take their place. Thereafter, I will be a vanilla townie.

Other than that I'm a vanilla townie.

...and so, since I can't visit people at night, I need other people to help me figure out my target. (But we can wait to discuss that until Day 3)

Imp:

Imperial Guardsman - Nerjin has left a bad taste in my mouth. How do you taste? What are your views of Nerjin. Specifically, I'm curious as to what you think of vote mania but I'm curious about your general reads. What do you think of PotL, Tiruin and Solifuge.
Ah, I think Nerjin-san is a big stupid head. Why would he leave us? was he a stupid bully? And i think they are all good people! Except Tiruin-san. Hes a bit on the mean side, De Arimasu! (amidoingitright
Reading this post caused me physical harm.

You just called Nerjin a bully. The person you replaced. Why would you do that?

Spoiler: Off Topic (click to show/hide)
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: June 12, 2013, 09:19:09 pm »

Based on what?

I'm the Satellite(L). I don't have a house. I cannot vote or be voted, and I cannot take any actions at night.
On Night 3, I will fall to earth and smash into someone's house. They will be evicted (or possibly killed) and I will take their place. Thereafter, I will be a vanilla townie.
Other than that I'm a vanilla townie.
...and so, since I can't visit people at night, I need other people to help me figure out my target. (But we can wait to discuss that until Day 3)
Do they leave the game after eviction? Does it matter if you smash into town/scum/3rd party houses? Can you control which house you smash into?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: June 12, 2013, 09:23:04 pm »

@Tiruin: Why are you role speculating instead of considering alignments?

@griffinpup: Why did you state that we should get rid of Cado and then not vote him?

@Captain Ford: Will your action be publically visible?  Ask ToonyMan if you don't know.

How are you pro-town?  Pro-town doesn't mean you benefit from town; it means town benefits from you.  Also, I disagree about your claim and stated reason for not claiming your house number- you want visits from townies, and assuming your claim is true, scum would be wasting their kill on you.
The role as described is a limited cop - it's vaguely pro-town, as we could use it to test someone's alignment.  I believe Cado's claim, and since it's self-eliminating there's no real reason to lynch him.

NQT
What are you doing, Imperial Guardsman?

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: June 12, 2013, 09:26:51 pm »

You're anti-town in the sense that town shouldn't try to let you win.  You have no more motivation to help town if you're out of the game.  You do have motivation to help us.  We have no motivation to help you.  Therefore, we should do all that's in your power to screw you over, and get one more ally for town.
Apparently some people haven't understood this paragraph of mine.  Maybe said people should stop sticking their heads into undesirable places and actually attempt to improve their mental capabilities for once.  You might actually get close to mine someday.  If I banged my head into a wall for five years.  I admit it wasn't very well written.  The main parts are...  Cado has a vested interest into keeping at least some of the town alive until she wins.  Town has a vested interest of keeping her in the game to assist them.  This means that town should try to avoid accomplishing Cado's wincon.  We obviously shouldn't lynch Cado, but keeping her alive definitely gives benefits.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: June 12, 2013, 09:28:45 pm »

Cado's role would be mainly beneficial as a quasi-cop, rather than as a sortof weakened townie that is averse to lynching male players

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: June 12, 2013, 09:33:56 pm »

Cado's role would be mainly beneficial as a quasi-cop, rather than as a sortof weakened townie that is averse to lynching male players
All the more motivation to keep Cado around as long as possible.
Leafsnail: 
How should we use this quasi-cop to our benefit? 

Cado, does it have to be a town boy, or can it be a mafia boy?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: June 12, 2013, 09:55:02 pm »

@Captain Ford: Will your action be publically visible?  Ask ToonyMan if you don't know.
Asking. My personal guess is that you'll all see me streaking down out of the sky but you won't know exactly what house I hit. (I mean seriously, that would make a lot of noise, there's no way you'd all miss it)

Also:

The one interesting thing about Ranger's wincon is that if he spends the night alone with a male bully, he won't win. We could theoretically use this to identify scum.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: June 12, 2013, 09:56:32 pm »

Oh whoops. Meant to post this first.

Based on what?
Based on the stuff that's come up so far today.

Actually in retrospect I didn't really think it all the way through. There is an argument that it would have been better for me to just play the lottery and smash into a house picked at random. I might still do that.

But hey, this is enough time for people to figure out how to react to it and plan around it. It can't be dodged or evaded, unless there's a player that can steal houses or something.

Do they leave the game after eviction? Does it matter if you smash into town/scum/3rd party houses? Can you control which house you smash into?
To be clear, "eviction" is my wording. Toony was very clear that whoever was living in that house is out of the game. And yes, I have total control over which house I crash into. And I can choose not to smash into a house and simply eliminate myself from the game, but I don't see a compelling reason to do that.

Toony also noted that I can be killed on the night I arrive.

Also, Ranger. Your vote on Lenglon SUCKED.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: June 12, 2013, 09:58:34 pm »

Oh wait you're third party never mind. Un-imaginary-vote.

I'd been holding onto that for about a week and completely didn't connect those two dots until just now.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 100