Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 100

Author Topic: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Game Over]  (Read 169956 times)

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
  • My flavor text tastes like apples!
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Day 1]
« Reply #705 on: June 07, 2013, 01:12:57 pm »

Quick post. I would probably tie the vote without thinking about the repercussions. I'm the kind of person who just wants to keep playing. But instead of tying the vote I would try to show how I wasn't scum and how others deserve to be lynched instead.
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: June 07, 2013, 01:15:41 pm »

RangerCado:  What's your opinion of the actions of both Nerjin and Lenglon in the vote-fest yesterday?

PPE:
Interesting, Lenglon.  I don't have much time right now, but I want to know.
Would you support a no-lynch over anyone's lynch? 
Also, just because they're deceptive questinos doesn't mean you shouldn't answer them all.
What if someone immediately counteracted Nerjin's attempt to create a lynch.  Would you see that as scummy?
Do you think that you had any chance to prove to be less scummy after these actions?

Warning - while you were typing 3 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Well... That sucks.  Screw it, I'll read your guys posts when I have more time.  I'll just post this for now

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: June 07, 2013, 01:35:21 pm »

"Deathsword-senpai, it is clear that we are both convinced of the other's scummitude. I do not see you answering all the questions directed at you, despite your claim, and I do not see a question directed at me anywhere in any of your posts. If I have missed one, please point it out to me. In the meantime, rather than rant for pages upon pages about why the other is clearly scum, I would like to discuss the other people here. It seems reasonable to assume there is more than one scum after all.

Please tell me what you think of Vecoovster-senpai's actions, or lack thereof, last night.

Please also tell me what your opinion is Dariush-senpai, Solifuge-senpai, and Tiruin-sama, and why."

Interesting, Lenglon.  I don't have much time right now, but I want to know.
Would you support a no-lynch over anyone's lynch? "No, earlier I would have supported a no-lynch over a confirmed-town lynch. tonight I plan on supporting a lynch in general, and if it becomes a tie between me and Nerjin again I will self-vote. I am that convinced he is town, and he seems more adept at scumhunting then me. also, my role is not critical to the town, while his is totally unknown, and might be important. what has changed since last time is I have gotten more input from my seniors, and I have gotten strong evidence that Nerjin is town."
Also, just because they're deceptive questinos doesn't mean you shouldn't answer them all. "They were leading questions, with implied answers, if you have any in mind you really do want me to answer then please repeat them."
What if someone immediately counteracted Nerjin's attempt to create a lynch.  Would you see that as scummy? "probably, it depends on context."
Do you think that you had any chance to prove to be less scummy after these actions? "some, but not much. several of the people here have solidified their opinions. another extension would be pointless."
"For the people who weren't there at the near-day-end, please keep the timestamps in mind during your review. many of the posts written there were made simultaneously, and don't take into account all of the posts above them."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: June 07, 2013, 01:46:22 pm »

Quick post. I would probably tie the vote without thinking about the repercussions. I'm the kind of person who just wants to keep playing. But instead of tying the vote I would try to show how I wasn't scum and how others deserve to be lynched instead.
What was this a response to?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: June 07, 2013, 02:03:52 pm »

PFP

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Phantom of the Library:
Why make this criticism anyway? What was the point of pointing this out?
Because in the space of thirty minutes you went from imaginary voting him, to calling him the towniest of town. Also, this:

If I was in either of your position and I were scum, I would be abusing the heck out of this.

Why are you flip-flopping all over the place? First Nerjin's scum then he's suddenly beyond suspicion, then I'm scum, then suddenly Vecooster is scum. I know you're unlynchable and "not afraid" and all that, but at least try to be the tiniest bit consistent?
First off, I never said Nerjin was scum, nor did I ever say he was beyond suspicion. I have in fact said the exact opposite of both those things.

Spoiler: Quotes (click to show/hide)

Why does my inconsistency make you uncomfortable?

Tiruin:
Captain Ford
"I've to ask. What purpose was this prod to our fellow zombie enthusiast? When prod means Vote."
zombie urist:
WTF is going on?
Unvote
Extend
Why did you unvote Lenglon?
And the purpose of shifting it to ToasteR?
And then this.
Ford
You did not answer my question--third chocolate quote. You evaded it.
How are you going to use your..immunity as a benefit to finding them bullies? How are you going to act when in school, hmm? Any difference?"
Linked for posterity because I'm really betting I've a lot to catch up later.
For my prodding, it's because I wanted to hear from them. This goes hand-in-hand with how I've decided to make use of my immunity. I don't have to buckle down and pick a lynch target at the end of the day like most people, since I can't influence the result. So I can continue to pressure people right up to the end of the day.

You're right that I didn't answer the question before. I remember posting that and realizing that I hadn't finished answering your question -- but I didn't have time to go back and amend it, so I just forgot about it.

Spoiler: Original Answer (click to show/hide)

At the time, my full answer would have been "I'm not sure what I'll do aside from scumhunting like I normally would."

I don't have any deliberate strategy other than the normal "find scum, lynch them." But as mentioned above, there are some things I can do that I couldn't normally, such as voting multiple people at the same time and voting for whoever I want all the way up to the lynch.

I have something else to point out regarding saving yourself from being lynched. I remembered why I've previously said that "it's not the responsibility of the lynchee to ensure their own lynch." And that is because the town should NEVER allow a tie to happen. If a tie happens, then it's the fault of the town for not paying close enough attention to prevent it and/or being unable to agree on a lynch victim.

That said, if you're town, then saving yourself is probably not good for the game as a whole. If you're scum, it's definitely a good idea.

If people think you're scum, then they shouldn't give you an opening to save yourself.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: June 07, 2013, 02:42:42 pm »

Ford: Inconsistency is normally a scum tell. Although i see it as rather minor considering you can't vote... HOLD UP!!! Every vote count, it has said Ford isn't voting. Since he claimed he can't vote openly, why does his name keep showing up in the vote counts under not voting? Theres no reason for his name to be there if he can't, and i don't think ToonyMan would leave it there to spite us. Why do you think this is Ford? Are you lying to us? Are you really unlynchable as you say?

THEORY!
Ford has been telling ToonyMan not to count his votes yet. On the opposite end of this, Fords vote is never shown to the public unless he wants it to be. (This theory holds some basis as in Magic Mafia, NQT couldn't vote and his name was removed from the not voting area)

GriffyPup:
Everyone during that time acted in a panicked frenzy from my perspective, but to give a straight answer, I will not be basing my vote on anything that happened there since both were voting eachother, each was technically trying to save themselves.

Nerjin still feels scummier to me than Lenglon, but i'm still digging so i'm not sure yet. This thing with Ford is troubling though... AND WHY WERE WE ALL SO QUICK TO BELIEVE HIM!?!?
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
  • My flavor text tastes like apples!
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: June 07, 2013, 02:57:56 pm »

Quick post. Ranger. I feel that is dumb. He can not be voted. Something that he did hint at a while ago however is that there is a catch, as in, the state he is currently in will be lost after a day or so  many posts. In the end, I feel like it is getting way to close to the end of the day to just be speculating on what fords role is. To me you just look like you are role fishing. Now stop doing pointless posts and votes like that and do something productive. What you just did made you suddenly huge jump from confirmed town to neutral.
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: June 07, 2013, 03:07:54 pm »

Quick post. Ranger. I feel that is dumb. He can not be voted. Something that he did hint at a while ago however is that there is a catch, as in, the state he is currently in will be lost after a day or so  many posts. In the end, I feel like it is getting way to close to the end of the day to just be speculating on what fords role is. To me you just look like you are role fishing. Now stop doing pointless posts and votes like that and do something productive. What you just did made you suddenly huge jump from confirmed town to neutral.
I'm role-fishing because I found something odd with evidence and an example of something similar? And day ends in 7 hours Shinigami, I have time to investigate things. And you just proved one of my points, why did we all believe him so quickly?
[/quote]

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: June 07, 2013, 03:11:08 pm »

I'm role-fishing because I found something odd with evidence and an example of something similar? And day ends in 7 hours Shinigami, I have time to investigate things. And you just proved one of my points, why did we all believe him so quickly?
"We believed him because we, specifically myself and Tiruin-sama, tried to vote him, and it didn't work, repeatedly. Additionally he has voted for others, and his vote has not shifted out of the not voting category."
Toony: votecount please?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: June 07, 2013, 03:17:35 pm »

"We believed him because we, specifically myself and Tiruin-sama, tried to vote him, and it didn't work, repeatedly. Additionally he has voted for others, and his vote has not shifted out of the not voting category."
Which is what i find odd as he has admitted out in the open that he can't vote for people. Why is his name still there then? And why is he still a vote option if votes on him don't work?
[/quote]

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: June 07, 2013, 03:22:34 pm »

Ranger: Removing my name from the not voting area would provide mod-confirmation of my inability to vote. If NQT's name was actually removed from the not voting area in Magic Mafia, I would consider that to be a mistake on Webadict's part.

GriffyPup:[/b] Everyone during that time acted in a panicked frenzy from my perspective, but to give a straight answer, I will not be basing my vote on anything that happened there since both were voting eachother, each was technically trying to save themselves.
This is untrue. Nerjin attempted to direct the vote towards lynching himself when he had the chance, and towards lynching Lenglon when he had the chance. Nerjin was attempting to avoid a tie, while Lenglon was attempting to create one.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: June 07, 2013, 03:24:06 pm »

Why on earth were you regarding Ranger as confirmed town?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: June 07, 2013, 03:28:42 pm »

Toony, could we please get a prod on deathsword?
He posted right after.

Toony: votecount please?
Okay.

Vote Count:

(2)Vecooster - Toaster, Lenglon
(0)Griffion -
(0)Leafsnail -
(0)Captain Ford -
(0)Toaster -
(0)Tiruin -
(0)Dariush -
(1)Zombie Urist - Notquitethere
(0)Phantom of the Library -
(0)Shinigami_King -
(0)RangerCado -
(1)Deathsword - Tiruin
(2)Notquitethere - Vecooster, Zombie Urist
(4)Lenglon - Leafsnail, Deathsword, Nerjin, Griffion
(1)Solifuge - Dariush
(2)Nerjin - Phantom of the Library, Shinigami_King

(3)Not Voting: Captain Ford, Solifuge, RangerCado

Day 1 will last until Friday, 6/7 at 11 PM EST.  In other words, about 6.5 hours.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: June 07, 2013, 03:31:30 pm »

Please also tell me what your opinion is of Dariush-senpai, Solifuge-senpai, and Tiruin-sama, and why."
I forgot a pretty important word in that question to deathsword, who hasn't answered by the way, despite:
Bolded part: You can ask me as many questions as you like and I will answer them. I have been consistently answering questions, trying to claim otherwise is pure bovine fecal matter.
today is lynch day, and there's only 6 and a half hours left. mind keeping your word scumbag?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: June 07, 2013, 03:45:38 pm »

Griff: there's a logical falicy in your assumption about me. if my goal was pure survival, wouldn't I have been better off voting for Nerjin as soon as you made this post:
Lenglon:
So what happens if (when) I vote for you?  Would you vote for Nerjin last minute to create a no-lynch scenario?
Why, in your mind, did I fail to vote for Nerjin right after you made that post, or vote for Nerjin when Tiruin unvoted?
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 100