Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 100

Author Topic: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Game Over]  (Read 169755 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Day 1]
« Reply #255 on: May 31, 2013, 05:13:36 am »

What the fucking fuck did I get into 0_O

Ford: Vector for a straighteness guarantee. Actually no, wait, fuck Vector, she's a whiny lynchhappy bitch. I'm going to bend the question a little by treating 'this game' as 'Mafia subforum in general' and answer Flandre. Yep, that's my final answer.

Ford: the rejection of someone who knows what a visual novel is supposed to look like, bothers to write his answers in this format and an ungrateful asshole in addition to that automatically makes me feel better than before.

Cado: the colour of a freshly severed neck. Because nothing says 'love' like murdering the fuck out of everyone who dares to look at my Yuki~FUCK the weabooness is overtaking me.

DS: Vector because see above, NQT because nobody will miss him, Nerjin because I promised him.

Lenglon, please don't use this colour, it's unreadable on Darkling.
Solifuge, are you intentionally using the pictures to make it as hard as possible for people to quote you?
Сado, what information did you hope to extract from this wall of questions?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 31, 2013, 05:32:59 am »

Spoiler: Lenglon (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Griffionday (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: RagnerCado (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Shinigami_King (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Zombie Urist (click to show/hide)

Solifuge, are you intentionally using the pictures to make it as hard as possible for people to quote you?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Game Starts May 30th]
« Reply #257 on: May 31, 2013, 06:44:36 am »

Student #14-17-20 [NQT] slips in almost unnoticed. A few inconsiderate classmates jibe and jeer, but #[NQT] is unphased and answers back in a quiet, calm voice.

notquitethere: You're still here. Why?
"It's the start of a new school year and I haven't graduated yet. We both started at the same time and you're still here, thus I am still here."

NQT: Whats your most attractive feature?
"I have no attractive features as of yet, but I had considered placing magnets in my fingertips. Then my fingertips would be my most attractive feature."

NQT: You are not there. You also claim to not be here. Are you between here and there?
"That question is neither here nor there, and so is my answer."

Finally, esteemed colleague Tiruin-sama asks a sensible question.
NQT: "You're quite the charmer, someone into logic and rationality. Tell me now, with all the houses and whatnot--do you think these play to one side or the other? Bullies or non, if that's the case?"
"I don't think bullies would dare target us at school. I don't know how the bullies could find us at home if they don't know where we live, especially if we have sleep-overs. But who knows what extracurricular skills these bullies have picked up over the summer?"

NQT because nobody will miss him
#[NQT] glares at the extremely rude Dariush-yōgisha, who has always been a bully (if not necessarily a murdering one).

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 31, 2013, 08:32:03 am »

Good morning, everyone!

To start with, I would like to hear from everyone: which tell do you think is most valid?  Which tell do you think is least valid?

Leafsnail: As we all know, you are always mafia. So how are you going to win as mafia this game?
Hard work and diligent study.  In this world, that is all we need.

Leafsnail: How long do you think you could stand being town?
In my heart, I am always mafia.

I have no idea if Marraige is a good idea because it isn't in my vocabulary. If you're talking about marriage, its a good idea here. Seeing as its the act of consumating two people's love together in the eyes of the masses, as well as pointing out their stance on each other, its pretty much a good thing to see...wait, what's the context? IRL or Mafia? If mafia, I've no idea.

Looking for some tips from Leafsnail, Ford?
[/quote]
Well, you should always follow your heart, and not your... huh, I seem to have forgotten the end of this proverb.  Ask me again later.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 31, 2013, 09:34:45 am »

Ranger:
Toaster: Who do you want to keep warm and toasty?

Your mother.  What purpose did this question serve?
d-(^_^)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't care if D1 isn't over yet, put this game in the Notable Games Archive.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 31, 2013, 09:56:12 am »

This game is already incredible.  Also, Jec Groovtor is scum, but I'll get to that in a minute.  Still my ultimate mafia-bro, but scum nonetheless.

First and foremost, I have also gotten into the spirit of things.

Ford:  Fair enough, but I shall expect real content out of you, instead of just horsing around.

...Toony: Is everyone assumed to be straight? Or is love blind?

I would assume that love is so blind that it doesn't even care if the target is human, especially since going by the silhouettes, we have a meatwall, a catgirl, and a satellite.

Also Solifuge appears to be a full-on cat.

Speaking of Solifuge:  It's a bit disturbing when you factor in your avatar and how much of his* anatomy he's showing off.

*Or her- that appears to be a skirt.  Though I'm not sure how you'd get a cat in pants.  Mine would try to murder me if I dressed them at all.

Ranger:  I realize that could be asked to most questions, but I'm asking it to you.  Don't deflect it away.

Also, ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer.

Dariush:  I asked you a question.

Leafsnail:
To start with, I would like to hear from everyone: which tell do you think is most valid?  Which tell do you think is least valid?

Assuming you mean scumtells...

Most valid?  Hmm... Inconsistency is probably way up there.  Tough call because they're all situational.

Least valid is hypocrisy.  I've seen this used in the past and even used it myself, but it really doesn't tell you anything about the alignment of a player- just that they're a derp.

This is an unusual start from you.  I don't recall you ever starting up with a question that was vague to the point of uselessness.

Anyway, back to Jimbo Mathlover:

I've basically forgotten how to play so I'm winging it here.

Bullshit.  Bull fucking shit.

I've played with you plenty damn enough times to know you're quite capable.  You even wrote a book on scummology.  Don't you dare come in and drop such a whopping lie.  I heard mooing all the way over here from all that bullshit.

I know someone setting themselves up an excuse when I see one.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 31, 2013, 09:58:38 am »

There's nothing vague about it.

Most valid?  Hmm... Inconsistency is probably way up there.  Tough call because they're all situational.

Least valid is hypocrisy.  I've seen this used in the past and even used it myself, but it really doesn't tell you anything about the alignment of a player- just that they're a derp.
Aren't these basically the same thing?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 31, 2013, 10:02:27 am »

Leaf:  No.  When I say inconsistency, I meant in the sense of someone not sticking to their story.  Either explaining an action different ways when asked again, or their actions (voting/night claims) not matching up to their arguments and discussions.

Hypocrisy means attacking someone over doing something that the attacker is doing as well.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 31, 2013, 10:41:54 am »

Lenglon, please don't use this colour, it's unreadable on Darkling.
"Am I easier to hear now?"
Spoiler: Kitty Question (click to show/hide)
"I'm not used to hunting for bullies like this."(I'm currently in my second BM, I was only there for the last day of my first BM (replaced in), I have no mafia experience outside these forums.)
"I don't really know what role I would prefer, I've not had the chance to try them all. I usually enjoy strategy games the most."
"Um, the most valid I think would be a direct confession of guilt, right? After that I'd guess lying, although it's sometimes a good idea to lie for a short time to trick bullies or whatever so long as you own up to it right afterwards. right?"

"Neko-San, you spoke to everyone like they were each acting weird just a moment ago."(you FOSed everyone you questioned)
"How are we going to tell when you're serious if you keep doing that?"
"Ranger-Kun, When do you think someone should advertise their talents?"(roleclaim)
"NQT-Sama, do you think we'll be safer at our own houses or if we sleep over at a friend's house until this trouble is over?"
(also, what is with that honorific you gave Dariush? I don't recognize it)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 31, 2013, 10:56:23 am »

OOC: (This is technically a semi-B. mod right?)
It's a quarter-bastard.

...Toony: Is everyone assumed to be straight? Or is love blind?
I shouldn't answer this.

I've been getting some questions because of my lack of foresight clarity so I should make an amendment to the rules.  (This should be okay because Night hasn't started yet).
GENERAL RULES:
1. Game starts at D1 and players can vote who to kick out of school.
2. During Nights players choose which house they want to go to, or if they prefer to stay home for the night.  Some characters have abilities or special actions depending on who if anybody is with them.
3. At the start nobody knows whose house is whose except their own (or their groups if they're informed).  When visiting a house they selected that player will be able to tell whose house it is now and what gender that player is (as long as something else doesn't screw with them).
4. Players will not know who's with them unless they're by themselves in which case they'll know they're by themselves (baring special cases).
5. Not every player starts with a house, some may live with others or not have one.
6. A kicked out, harassed/bullied away, dead, or won player's house cannot be entered anymore.
4a. Players will however, see the silhouettes of the players with them in that house.  This is excluding special circumstances.  In other words they'll have a general perspective and head count.  Again, excluding special circumstances.  During the first Night everyone will know which one is their silhouette by then.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 31, 2013, 11:17:29 am »

#[NQT] stares down at a book while saying to no one in particular, "Bullies like to fit in: the only truly valid tell is a smoking gun. That said, looking at the past votes of bullies who have been expelled may prove enlightening. I don't think we should put too much stock in the things people say on their first day back at school, but what they actually do has meaning."

"NQT-Sama, do you think we'll be safer at our own houses or if we sleep over at a friend's house until this trouble is over?"
(also, what is with that honorific you gave Dariush? I don't recognize it)
"Lenglon-kun, a yōgisha is a suspect in a trial and is thus the most appropriate honorific for one without honour. I think we will be most safe if we sleep over each other's houses: if a bully snoops in our house they can go through our drawers, read our diaries and find out who we are: we wouldn't want to be around if they came back for us at home!"

A look of quiet despair casts over the student's face. To have a real sleep-over you have to have friends. Otherwise you're just breaking into someone's house.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 31, 2013, 11:32:36 am »

I would like to hear from everyone: which tell do you think is most valid?  Which tell do you think is least valid?

"Neko-San, you spoke to everyone like they were each acting weird just a moment ago."(you FOSed everyone you questioned)

Speaking of Solifuge:  It's a bit disturbing when you factor in your avatar and how much of his* anatomy he's showing off.
*Or her- that appears to be a skirt.  Though I'm not sure how you'd get a cat in pants.  Mine would try to murder me if I dressed them at all.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 31, 2013, 11:42:51 am »

Yes, it's very kawaii.  Possibly desu as well, though this is unconfirmed.  I domo all your arigatos.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 31, 2013, 11:46:35 am »

(Okay, i've had my fun, serious hunting time.)I reserve the right to do this in character still)

"Just a bit of fun really Dariush-san.

"I hope to be sticking around cute little kitty. My strengths would probably be... Flawed logic. My logic always seems to be flawed but the way people take that flaw, and react to it, can reveal things they wished to remain hidden. Weaknesses though... I'm an idiot who jumps the gun a lot."

"Fair enough kitty-Toaster-san."

"It depends on the situation really Senpai. (Lenglon) If its been 4-6 days and a few of the bullies are gone, that would seem a good idea. If we've had no success in finding the bullies after 2-3 days, It may be prudent then as well."

"I will have some real questions for you all later, i have 2 tests i need to take and i haven't done all the work yet." (I claim green for coloring words!)
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 31, 2013, 11:56:27 am »

Yes, it's very kawaii.  Possibly desu as well, though this is unconfirmed.  I domo all your arigatos.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 100