Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 100

Author Topic: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Game Over]  (Read 169609 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Day 2]
« Reply #870 on: June 13, 2013, 07:03:01 pm »

"...How does that make sense?"

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: June 13, 2013, 07:11:20 pm »

Tiriun: I said it atleast once afterwards. I claimed the house as i thought that since you and death claimed you were with someone else last night, i was guessing that there could probably be one more. Your outburst though apparently is you claiming house seven.

ZU: You only know who whos in the house your in.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: June 13, 2013, 07:22:42 pm »

It's just occured to me: could we meet up in pairs/threes to prevent mafia members from taking any action?  IE, randomly pair up houses and get all of the occupants of the selected houses to meet somewhere.  Then, if anyone's not where they should be their partner/other people in the trio would know.

We wouldn't need to really claim anything to do this plan, we could effectively anonymize it via house numbers and only claim later if a mafia member chooses to go against the plan (there's no real way to hide your silhouette since someone else would be able to contradict you).  The only issue would be mafia members being paired up together, but if we go in threes that would be extremely unlikely.

I wouldn't want to crowd too many people together though in case of an ability that kills everyone in a single house.

Also unvote, RangerCado.  His increasing reluctance to give out his house number makes no sense given his claimed role, which would require people to know his house number in order for him to have a meaningful chance of winning or being useful.

All the more motivation to keep Cado around as long as possible.
Leafsnail: 
How should we use this quasi-cop to our benefit?
I was thinking "send male players to him to see if they're town or not", but I'm pretty sure Cado must be lying about his role somehow now so nevermind.

I'm kinda waiting for NQT to post.
There are plenty of players in this game who aren't NQT though??

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: June 13, 2013, 07:35:35 pm »

Leafsnail: I said my house number already so how am continuing to hide it? Eleven since you didn't see it.
[/quote]

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: June 13, 2013, 07:41:15 pm »

Also unvote, RangerCado.  His increasing reluctance to give out his house number makes no sense given his claimed role, which would require people to know his house number in order for him to have a meaningful chance of winning or being useful.
Oh god you must be fucking joking.

house 11.

Speaking of which, now that I know that, I'd like to point out that Ranger is playing his role completely wrong. He's legitimately handling this very poorly.

Him leaving the game is not in our best interests, therefore, we should not allow any town males to go to his house, now that we know which one it is. There is no point in lynching him, unless you disbelieve his claim.

PPE: Ranger
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: June 13, 2013, 08:05:11 pm »

Sorry I didn't make it clear - I was and am fully aware that he gave his number out.  Eventually.  But he stalled and basically had to be threatened with a lynch before he gave it out, hence "increasing reluctance".

Him leaving the game is not in our best interests, therefore, we should not allow any town males to go to his house, now that we know which one it is. There is no point in lynching him, unless you disbelieve his claim.
I disbelieve his claim.  Furthermore, if you did believe his claim then you'd want to send potential town males to his house in order to try and confirm their alignments.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: June 13, 2013, 08:13:52 pm »

Leaf: I have to be alone with 1... And thats a fair point actually. Send a male role to my house and you guys get a confirmed townie. And of course i was reluctant to give my house number, I'm claiming third-party. I have no allies, just a common enemy.
[/quote]

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: June 13, 2013, 08:21:36 pm »

But if you don't claim your house number then what good is your claim?  Even if a town male thinks "I believe him and I want to help" then he can't do anything because he doesn't know where you live.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: June 13, 2013, 08:25:07 pm »

I stood a better chance with luck deciding my win. But if i'm gonna get lynched over it, you do the math.
[/quote]

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: June 13, 2013, 08:31:41 pm »

"...And you worried earlier about your chances of winning going down. And now you say luck stands a better chance. And then you point at the lynch other than point at something better (other than self preservation or the essence of the posts prodding you....)

"You aren't a succubus, right?"

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: June 13, 2013, 08:38:18 pm »

Just looked up what my role name means in japanese. No, i'm not a demon.
[/quote]

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Day 1]
« Reply #881 on: June 13, 2013, 10:21:23 pm »

ToonyMan: Didn't Webadict say he'd like to replace in?
I thought I'd give Imperial Guardsman a chance, plus, he responded pretty quickly.  I'm sorry Dariush.

MOD: prod Phantom and Solifuge please.
Okay.

Vote Count

(0)Griffion -
(0)Leafsnail -
(0)Captain Ford -
(0)Toaster -
(0)Tiruin -
(1)Dariush - Shinigami_King
(0)Zombie Urist -
(0)Phantom of the Library -
(0)Shinigami_King -
(4)RangerCado - Toaster, Dariush, Deathsword, Leafsnail
(0)Deathsword -
(2)Notquitethere - Zombie Urist, Birdy51
(0)Solifuge -
(1)Birdy51 - Tiruin

(6)Not Voting: Giffion, Captain Ford, Phantom of the Library, RangerCado, Notquitethere, Solifuge

Day 2 will last until Friday 6/14 at 11 PM EST

RangerCado and Notquitethere have request an extension, if five more people request an extend the day will be extended until Monday June 17th 11PM EST.

Birdy51 has replaced Nerjin/Imperial Guardsman.  Also I have lost respect for IG...

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: June 13, 2013, 10:49:31 pm »

Extend.

There are plenty of players in this game who aren't NQT though??
Which is why I'm talking to those other players currently.

Speaking of which, now that I know that, I'd like to point out that Ranger is playing his role completely wrong. He's legitimately handling this very poorly.
Actually, despite what he says, scum don't really have an incentive to kill him so if he gets rid of some town girls, his chances of staying with a town boy alone increases. However this doesn't really work anymore since if it looks like he's doing that he'll get lynched immediately. So I guess he is forced to work with town. Or at least pretend to help the town. Hmm....

"...How does that make sense?"
It made more sense in my head.  :P

The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: June 14, 2013, 02:31:07 am »

Dariush: Your tunneling me and have abandoned building a case against Solifuge, which is weird considering his lurking is a point to your case against him.
Dariush, Toaster, Deathsword: You've all staked your cases against me, building onto eachothers and using eachothers, yet you guys aren't scum hunting anyone else. Are you going to do so, or are you(looking at Dariush) going to yell at me some more?
RangerCado uses Deflection! It's not very effective...

ToonyMan: Didn't Webadict say he'd like to replace in?
After what he's done in Great Temple? Oh hell no.

Birdy51 has replaced Nerjin/Imperial Guardsman.  Also I have lost respect for IG...
>implying you had it in the first place

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: June 14, 2013, 05:17:38 am »

Greetings!

I will post more later when I have some time, as I have to work right now. I will try to work out a proper post later today!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 100