Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 100

Author Topic: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Game Over]  (Read 169430 times)

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Day 5]
« Reply #1380 on: July 25, 2013, 03:59:32 pm »

Oh, and you guys are talking as if I don't have a role power.  ;D  Silly humans.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: July 25, 2013, 07:24:22 pm »

On the matter of redirects

If, by some chance, two redirects overlap one another, the redirect that succeeds will be decided on a coin flip.  I've mentioned this to someone via PM already.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: July 25, 2013, 10:14:36 pm »

"Ah, replace 4 with 6 in the plan I outlined. That's what I meant. I go to 4, you stay at 6, Deathsword-san stays at 3. You cast your power on 14, and Deathsword-san casts his power on 6 and 14. Draw a diagram and you'll see how it works."

I see your plan now. It really is quite ingenious!

It significantly lowers our reliance on WIFOM to get the job done as well. The only flaw is in House 14, where he get's a 50-50 chance with scoring another hot and steamy night with me. While I enjoy the prospects of hot and steamy, I would rather not leave it up to pure luck if possible. But, ultimately I will let you both pick your poison. If you two find an idea that works, I will have no problem helping you with it.

Any opinions on the NQT's plan Deathsword?
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: July 27, 2013, 07:27:49 pm »

DS:
here's what's gonna happen.  What if NQT wins tonight? How will you win tomorrow?  The answer is that you won't.
All I have to do is stay home, and since you can't leave your house, you CAN NEVER WIN.  What you get to do is pick who does.  Do you want town to win, you vote birdy after tonight. If you want mafia to win, you may as well vote me now.

NQT:
What happens if DS wins tonight? Best case scenario, you get a fifty percent chance of winning the following night.  If you fail to win that night, you will immediately lose with me.  That's what's so interesting about my role.  I gain votes depending who I spend the night with.  If I don't spend the night with anyone, I lose the ability to vote the next day.  Once this happens, I wouldn't be able to vote against Birdy.  This will fulfill his wincon, as he literally can't be voted to be lynched.

To both of you:
Notice how Birdy hasn't once addressed what will happen tomorrow.  This mainly means that he's not worried about it.  This leads me to believe that he's lying about not having a night kill ability. (SCUM lying? What? :) ) If he does, you both will lose tonight anyways.  Pretty much, there's very few ways for both of you to win.  I'm not going to lie to you guys.  I AM vengeful, and if you choose to work and trust scum, I will make sure you lose.  If you guys choose to work with me, I can guarantee one of you to win tonight, and tomorrow the remaining player can help me vote out this lying piece of scum. 

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: July 27, 2013, 07:35:27 pm »

Griff: Yes, I considered that he may be lying. In fact, I think he is. Either way, I can't win because if we go into the night you won't leave your house, and thus you won't be redirected.

But at least I get to choose who wins, and birdy it's not.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: July 27, 2013, 07:41:29 pm »

Birdy

Good, DS, You actually we logic.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: July 28, 2013, 04:23:38 am »

"Griff-kun, I'm disappointed in you, manipulating others with half truths. Kicking Birdy-san out school will make me and Deathsword-san lose. Simple as that. There's a slim chance of winning tonight and by gum I'm going to take it.

"Death-san, why are you giving up your only chance to win? If Birdy-san leaves school we both lose. That is the only certain thing. If no one leave school today then you have a chance of winning tonight. It doesn't have to end in a loss. You have to play to win. Don't give up now at the final hurdle! I've evened up the votes. So long as nothing changes, we should have a stalemate today and tonight we'll go ahead with the plan I outlined. Are you clear on what to do?"

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: July 28, 2013, 08:56:27 am »

My good man, I am telling you the truth. I want you to win.

However, I realize why you are suspicious of me. Afterall, I completely misunderstood your role in a dangerous way.

I was under the incorrect assumption that you have the ability to pull people in, regardless of whether stay home or not. When I considered the last plan, I was going off of your description that you are a "calling" character. As in, you phone that house and they come to yours. Clearly this is not the case, and I even today I only just now realized how horrible my idea of targeting NQT was. On the off-chance that I succeeded, you wouldn't have had the chance at all, and I would have been rightfully lynched for being a complete jerkass.

Now, I want you to ask yourself a question.

Who is making the decision that causes you to lose? Who is manipulating to give up hope of victory?

Deathsword. I may be scum, but damn it, I'm being honest scum. I want you to win. Not for my own sake so I look pretty, but yours as well. Take a stand for yourself. You know why? This game can't last forever. This isn't the Great Temple where the game ends after a certain period of time. I asked Toonyman that just in case because we may be in for the long haul.

You want to talk the future, so let's talk the future. I'm not avoiding that subject.

Let's say that he allows NQT to find love. That leaves me, you and him left where he has the infinite ability to stall. This is a stalemate situation. But that doesn't mean it is a hopeless situation. Eventually, someone is going to have to give. That someone doesn't have to be you. You  incorrectly assume that because you have no powers to dislodge him from his house, that you are useless.

No!

You have the most precious power of all. You have time. All the time you need to convince him to give way to love.

Deathsword... You may feel like you are useless right now, and that you have very little control over these proceedings. Please don't believe that.

Alright. Now, back to business.

While your plan may work, it may be safer if we do not allow him a chance to visit my house. He may have the ability to NK, which is no good for me. WIFOM is included in this plan, but as I mentioned we do have time if he guesses correctly or if he stays home to see NQT.

So this is what I suggest for tonight:

NQT, go to Griffinpup's House at Four.

Deathsword, you get the play the WIFOM game, assuming that he leaves his house. Connect Houses 14 and 3 at your leisure.

I'll stay home and do the redirect on my own house, sending everyone elsewhere.
BIRDS.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: July 28, 2013, 10:31:44 am »

NQT, Birdy: I cannot win. If we go into the night, all griff has to do is stay home. By doing that he denies me the win. And if I don't get to win, I'd rather not have you or birdy win either. I also particularly dislike claiming scum, as what I like most about mafia games is trying to figure out who is scum and who isn't. And don't think I can't stop you from winning either, NQT. I can simply loop you back to your home or mine or birdy's. So vote birdy and lose graciously instead of encouraging scum claiming.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: July 28, 2013, 10:36:34 am »

Allow me to summarize Birdy's arguments for you DS.
Emotional appeal...
Emotional appeal...
A vague suggestion that you can convince me to willingly lose.

Here's what's gonna happen.  You DON'T have all the time in the world.  What you do have is two nights until Both of us lose and mafia wins.  He's currently lying to you.  He's making you all assume that this game can go on forever.  It won't.  My last post articulated why the game would end after one night of me not sleeping with anyone.  I'm not manipulating anyone.  I'm telling you the truth.  I plan to stay home tonight.  I suggest, DS, that if you do have the ability to leave your house, that you go there.  I also suggest, assuming that DS really can't leave his house, that NQT goes there.  Tomorrow, we can lynch birdy.  He has offered no solutions to what will happen tomorrow.  The only thing that he talked about concerning after tonight is vaguely stating that you will somehow convince me to willingly spend the night with you.  Again, if you choose to work with scum, I won't, and we can all lose.

PPE.
DS:
Agreed.
NQT:
Seriously, lose graciously.  Why in the world would you want to reward the scum team for their wonderful play of EVERY SINGLE MEMBER claiming?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: July 28, 2013, 10:47:41 am »

"Birdy-san, you speak reasonably and I know what to do tonight."

"Deathsword-san, you can't know that Griff-kun will stay at home tonight until we reach the night. It is slim but this is your only chance to win, and you've got to take it buddy."

"Griff-kun, while there is a chance of winning to you really expect me to lose graciously? I don't care if bullies or students win. Stay at home tonight if you think you've convinced Deathsword-san to give up."

"Toony-senpai, we're at the stalemate I wanted from this day, we've got a plan settled. We can shorten now."

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: July 28, 2013, 11:06:57 am »

"Birdy-san, you speak reasonably and I know what to do tonight."

"Deathsword-san, you can't know that Griff-kun will stay at home tonight until we reach the night. It is slim but this is your only chance to win, and you've got to take it buddy."

"Griff-kun, while there is a chance of winning to you really expect me to lose graciously? I don't care if bullies or students win. Stay at home tonight if you think you've convinced Deathsword-san to give up."

"Toony-senpai, we're at the stalemate I wanted from this day, we've got a plan settled. We can shorten now."

Agreed. I was going to suggest that you stay home tonight and force the stalemate early, but clearly Deathsword has given up.

Go and win this game for yourself my good man. At this point, Griffinpup has no reason not to let you win since he has already has Deathsword in his crotch.

Allow me to summarize Birdy's arguments for you DS.
Emotional appeal...
Emotional appeal...
A vague suggestion that you can convince me to willingly lose.

Here's what's gonna happen.  You DON'T have all the time in the world.  What you do have is two nights until Both of us lose and mafia wins.  He's currently lying to you.  He's making you all assume that this game can go on forever.  It won't.  My last post articulated why the game would end after one night of me not sleeping with anyone.  I'm not manipulating anyone.  I'm telling you the truth.  I plan to stay home tonight.  I suggest, DS, that if you do have the ability to leave your house, that you go there.  I also suggest, assuming that DS really can't leave his house, that NQT goes there.  Tomorrow, we can lynch birdy.  He has offered no solutions to what will happen tomorrow.  The only thing that he talked about concerning after tonight is vaguely stating that you will somehow convince me to willingly spend the night with you.  Again, if you choose to work with scum, I won't, and we can all lose.

PPE.
DS:
Agreed.
NQT:
Seriously, lose graciously.  Why in the world would you want to reward the scum team for their wonderful play of EVERY SINGLE MEMBER claiming?

A bold faced lie.

I asked Toonyman directly on the scumchat whether or not this game has a failsafe mechanism to end the game. It doesn't. Get your facts straight before you start deceiving people.

NQT, Birdy: I cannot win. If we go into the night, all griff has to do is stay home. By doing that he denies me the win. And if I don't get to win, I'd rather not have you or birdy win either. I also particularly dislike claiming scum, as what I like most about mafia games is trying to figure out who is scum and who isn't. And don't think I can't stop you from winning either, NQT. I can simply loop you back to your home or mine or birdy's. So vote birdy and lose graciously instead of encouraging scum claiming.

If you want to surrender to apathy, fine by me.

If you don't have the will to fight for yourself on the half-baked excuse of "scummies ar bad, i cant win!" then you may as well get off this forum.

I have no sympathy for those who give up.
BIRDS.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: July 28, 2013, 11:13:13 am »

I'll also throw out a shorten as well.
BIRDS.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: July 28, 2013, 11:19:45 am »

Birdy:
It is not a lie.  Your wincon would be fulfilled, which would end the game.  I am telling the truth.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: July 28, 2013, 11:32:39 am »

Shorten, let's end this.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 100