Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 100

Author Topic: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Game Over]  (Read 169438 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Day 5]
« Reply #1350 on: July 23, 2013, 06:10:20 am »

NQT: Nothing malicious, but I may have caused Toaster's death with a redirect. Griff, could you claim your alignment?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: July 23, 2013, 07:03:05 am »

"Your redirects are something of a liability Deathsword-san. Incidentally, I went to Dariush-san's house last night. No one was home."

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: July 23, 2013, 09:01:21 am »

I've claimed town... Multiple times.

DS:
Tell me every redirect you did every night.
Claim your silhouette.

NQT:
Claim your silhouette.
Are you still planning to lynch me this day?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: July 23, 2013, 09:19:37 am »

"How do I know you're not a bully with a silhouette based power? What would you gain in knowing this: have you seen any unaccounted for silhouettes? If you're a loyal student what's your cutesy name then? I spoke rashly yesterday, for which I'm sorry. Given that I've a 75% chance of losing if anyone is lynched today I don't intend to lynch you."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: July 23, 2013, 03:05:09 pm »

Upon an investigation only Tiruin's House gave an answer.  It was a massacre.  Or at least, it probably was.  There were no bodies, only blood stains.
And a rather messy note!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: July 23, 2013, 03:27:23 pm »

Griff: First night I tried to redirect and failed due to an intrusion. Based on the shilouette, I think whomever did that is still alive.

Night two I redirected from 7 (Tiruin's) to 3 (mine). I was hoping to get whomever was there (Dariush) to come to me.

Night three 4 to 3. When Toaster said he went to house 4 I suspected I had misunderstood my power. I asked ToonyMan and he confirmed it. I don't just make whomever is going to house Y go to X, I make anyone going to X go to Y as well.

Last night, Night four, I redirected 7 and 3 again hoping to make Dariush (who said he was going to Tiruin's) come to my house, and also because I had a bad feeling about Toaster's role. He ended up dead confirming his fakeclaim, but I don't know why Dariush wasn't redirected.

There may be another scum, since every time scum was lynched Toaster's yarn ball was displaced to another house (indicating it always was with scum). There may or may not be town, based on wheter or not Griff is telling the truth. What makes me unsure is wheter or not scum win if all town are dead or if they have a majority among all players (so they'd need to kill third-party as well). I am third party and I believe NQT's claim that he is as well, so that leaves Griff (claiming town) and Birdy (NQT says he claimed third-party but I might have missed it). From their behaviour so far, I think Birdy is the most likely scum, as he has been keeping a low profile the entire game.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: July 23, 2013, 04:35:15 pm »

"Deathsword-san, here's where Birdy-kun claimed:"

Now. It's about time that I role-claimed.

My name is Childhood Friend-san, formerly a Town Girl and as of today a Survivor Third-Party Girl. My role used to have a 50% percent chance of giving people a random buff when they visit me, such as double voting or a resistance to being role blocked.

The second part of my role though, is that I had the possibility of becoming lonely. My Role PM said if I didn't see anyone after two nights, my character will become disheartened. And, since didn't receive any guests and I didn't visit for two consecutive days, this has become true. My character is now depressed, and is waiting for this to all be over.

Finally, the silhouette. I want you all to be able to identify me if you have to, so here it is. My silhouette is the 6th one from the left. The player who visited me Night 1 is still alive, and so he will be able to confirm this.

"Assuming for a moment that you're telling the truth, you might want to think twice about voting today: if either the bully or the loyal student are kicked out of school then I believe we will both lose. Best no-vote and shorten for now and have another night's try."

#NQT paces back and forth, weighing out the options.

"Can you confirm your silhouette, Griff-kun? If you say the right thing I think I can confirm you as a loyal student. In a gesture of good-will, I'm the fifth from the left."

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: July 23, 2013, 05:35:21 pm »

NQT: Here is the problem: both of us claimed our homes. So scum knows where the last town is. Griff, you claim to be town, are you a town boy or girl and can you leave your home?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: July 23, 2013, 05:37:17 pm »

EBWOB: Actually, now I am not sure you claimed your house number, NQT. Could you confirm wheter or not you did? If you haven't getting another night makes sense.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: July 23, 2013, 06:12:13 pm »

"I never claimed my house but that's not to say they haven't visited it. Unless I'm misunderstanding wincons, if you evict either of them we've both definitely lost the game. Do you see that? You accidentally evict a student we can't win. You evict a bully and then school wins and everything is over. Whereas if you leave it until night we both have another chance at winning. Make sense?"

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: July 23, 2013, 06:30:57 pm »

Against Shorten. I am also against leaving today without a lynch.

In case you haven't noticed, the Town faction has only one player left. If this game doesn't end today, there is a strong possibility it will end in the night. We might not have another day.

Now then. NQT. Considering you claimed a "love" character, I find it highly suspicious that you would still consider Griffinpup as a threat, especially given that he is the last man in the game. If you need proof, look no further than the silhouettes. I suck with images and I do not know how to upload them properly, so bear with me.

You have claimed Number 5 and I have claimed the silhouette of that young woman next to you, Number 6. Griffinpup confirmed my own silhouette from Night 1. Since he is the only claimed Town-Boy left, it's safe to assume that he is the silhouette left of RangerCado; the girl crouching on the ground with a blanket. That leaves that last girl in line as Deathsword, assuming I correctly arranged the silhouettes and all the claims are correct.

June 21st Silhouette Change:
But wait...one of the silhouettes has also changed!!!
Spoiler: Updated Battle Shounen (click to show/hide)
Keep an eye out!!!

Now. Your suspicion of Griffinpup is groundless, as you need him to win. Assuming he is scum completely flies in the face of your claim of being a "love" Third-Party. I understand suspicion, but I don't quite fully understand what you are trying prove by withholding information from him.

There may be another scum, since every time scum was lynched Toaster's yarn ball was displaced to another house (indicating it always was with scum). There may or may not be town, based on wheter or not Griff is telling the truth. What makes me unsure is wheter or not scum win if all town are dead or if they have a majority among all players (so they'd need to kill third-party as well). I am third party and I believe NQT's claim that he is as well, so that leaves Griff (claiming town) and Birdy (NQT says he claimed third-party but I might have missed it). From their behaviour so far, I think Birdy is the most likely scum, as he has been keeping a low profile the entire game.

Deathsword: Incorrect. Why would the scum team have to kill the Third Parties, when Toonyman outright stated this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Mafia wins when the Town is unable to take any more actions. The Town wins when the Mafia gets kicked out. If either of those two parties win, the game is over and the remaining "love" Third-Party player, be that you or NQT loses from not having a man to love you. Otherwise, this game would be over and we would have never entered Day 5 like we have.

There is another scum player in this game. It's either you or NQT.

I'll tell you what I know.

We have a Town-Boy. Griffinpup. After having spent two nights with him on Day 1 and most recently on Day 5, I highly doubt that he is scum. He's been confirmed by other players as well, such as Dariush.

Next we have myself. I am a former Town-Girl, who was switched over to being a Survivor Third-Party due to loneliness. I was confirmed by Griffinpup on Night 1, who claimed the Silhouette of the Boy we still have left. Once more, last night gave us a second confirmation, as I was able to stumble upon his house. We're both still here today, so I feel that it is safe to assume that we're both not bullies.

Now, by order of elimination, that leaves only two people left. Deathsword and NQT are our two most likely scum suspects. You two are the only two players who it could possibly be. NQT, you have been particularly odd today. What you have been saying doesn't add up and you've yet to state what you did last night.

Speak up.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: July 23, 2013, 08:09:16 pm »

Unvote. Birdy, what you say... makes a lot of sense. You confirm Griff as town and he is not dead after staying one night with you. So... NQT is scum. The only problem with it is that I don't know if I auto-win with town (since a town boy is left alive) or not. Probably not. I can't think of any way to both win and trap NQT in his house with clever redirecting.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: July 23, 2013, 08:49:00 pm »

Unvote. Birdy, what you say... makes a lot of sense. You confirm Griff as town and he is not dead after staying one night with you. So... NQT is scum. The only problem with it is that I don't know if I auto-win with town (since a town boy is left alive) or not. Probably not. I can't think of any way to both win and trap NQT in his house with clever redirecting.

Indeed. I see your predicament.

However, I am very wary of allowing this game to be extended. Too much can happen in a single night.
BIRDS.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: July 23, 2013, 08:50:39 pm »

Indeed. I see your predicament.

However, I am very wary of allowing this game to be extended. Too much can happen in a single night.
BIRDS.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: July 23, 2013, 11:21:26 pm »

"Birdy-kun, what have you been reading? Seriously, I don't suspect Griff-kun. I agree that they're most likely the final town boy. Both you and Deathsword-san have claimed girls and no one has counter-claimed and I know there's a town boy still left in the game so by process of elimination Griff-kun is the student. Hence my last message directed to Griff. Look, chances are you're the bully and Griff should be lynching you, but I don't care.

"I was naturally cagey at the beginning of the day but then I actually did some analysis and came to conclusions about everyone. Given that Deathsword-san is unvoting now and previously didn't appear to know that the bullies knew my house number, lends credence to their claim of being 3rd-party (though whether they're benign like Ranger-kun or malicious like Tiruin-sama, there's no way of knowing). Thus by process of elimination Birdy-kun is most likely the bully."
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 100