Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Valley full of cyclops  (Read 12573 times)

Skorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Valley full of cyclops
« Reply #120 on: April 17, 2013, 11:54:31 am »

I'm trying to find that adamantite vein.  Where exactly is it again?  Which cavern?
Keep the digging straight down from the lower stairs, in the level -15 there is a cavern wich the adamantine vein. Are you going to do a "Valley full of cyclops, done right"?

That is the plan actually.  For whatever reason, when I opened your save, my tileset got goofed up, so maybe I just need to refresh that via the Lazy New Pack, because I can't clearly see the adamantite graphic.   I've dug stairs down literally all the way down to the semi-molten rock but not found it yet.  I've seen bits of the cavern on -15, so I'll keep probing around there.

On the plus side of things, I did have a 28-dwarf migration get slaughtered by all of the cyclops.  :D
You are experimenting the joys of the Abysmal Post   ;D I'll give you more specific directions
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here is the dining room, wich I think it was builded in the save , and at the level -15 directly bellow

the walled part up to the left is the adamantine, if you are going to release the demons remember that they are very overpowered. In my fort I managed to save a few immigrants inside my fortress while the demons were busy murdering the wildlife
WELCOME TO THE FUCKING ABYSMAL POST! Hope you like death and fire!
"I'M NOT DONE WITH THE GORY PULP THAT IS YOUR EYES! I WILL ERASE THE VAGUE IMPRESSION THAT YOU WERE EVER ABLE TO SEE AT ALL! FORGET THE VITAL ORGANS, BLINDING THE BLINDED AS I BLIND BLIND PEOPLE IS ALL THAT MATTERS!"

-Urist McMason, enraged at having found a Gecko Man in his fortress.
Urist McMason likes Gecko Man Eyes.

Mishrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 17, 2013, 11:58:12 am »

Perfect.  I'll check it out tonight :)  This is a great fort.

Catsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 17, 2013, 11:12:53 pm »

a cyclops visited my fort today, i have him in a cage trap now. According to the raws hes not much stronger than a blind cave ogre (which i consider trashy fodder for my corpse-grinders) but it seems cyclops are able to learn faster. They are also aggressive towards invaders and undead (not sure if they are aggressive towards cavern creatures, most above-ground creatures are though).

im thinking of weaponizing my cyclops instead of just butchering him, might put him in a danger room with training spears and then re-capture and pit him in a play-room for goblins.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 17, 2013, 11:34:12 pm »

EDIT: The forgotten beast is dead and I only have one dwarf left, a skilled potash maker

Enjoyable thread, this bit is where I lol'd for real.

Xinael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 18, 2013, 07:28:17 am »

This thread has been fantastic and I hope you enjoy your future dwarven antics Skorp! You mentioned a couple of pages back that you thought you were just being a noob failing - I suppose that in having our dwarves murdered by fire-breathing stegosaurs , we're all brethren! :D

Only downside of this thread has been the people who think the plural of "cyclops" is "cyclopsi". The Latin plural is "cyclops" and the Greek plural is "cyclopes". The former is more typical in English but the latter would at least be tolerable. "Cyclopsi" makes no sense whatsoever.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 18, 2013, 11:59:11 pm »

This fort has everything going for it. Cheers for posting about it.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Skorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 19, 2013, 06:08:37 am »

I'm still waiting for goblins, elves and necromancers to join the madness :P
"I'M NOT DONE WITH THE GORY PULP THAT IS YOUR EYES! I WILL ERASE THE VAGUE IMPRESSION THAT YOU WERE EVER ABLE TO SEE AT ALL! FORGET THE VITAL ORGANS, BLINDING THE BLINDED AS I BLIND BLIND PEOPLE IS ALL THAT MATTERS!"

-Urist McMason, enraged at having found a Gecko Man in his fortress.
Urist McMason likes Gecko Man Eyes.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 19, 2013, 11:25:15 am »

I'm still waiting for goblins, elves and necromancers to join the madness :P

The dead walk! Hide while you still can
> Goblin Necromancer
> Elven Zombies
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]