Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Valley full of cyclops  (Read 12595 times)

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Valley full of cyclops
« Reply #90 on: April 15, 2013, 01:59:41 pm »

Probably a vampire. You should keep this fort running until either a miner shows up or your civ runs out of migrants to send.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Skorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 15, 2013, 02:03:41 pm »

Ok, this is after the second round, the demons made quite a mess
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There are still some cyclops alive, mostly children, who hide bellow the surface,agglutinated in clouds of miasma... probably now they feel like dwarves
I imagine that my more-dead-than-alive leader is chuckling about this
Dotok Tholiden: Hehehe*cought**cought*hehe finally you monsters*cought*will have your woman and*cought*children murdered like us*heavy cought*
"I'M NOT DONE WITH THE GORY PULP THAT IS YOUR EYES! I WILL ERASE THE VAGUE IMPRESSION THAT YOU WERE EVER ABLE TO SEE AT ALL! FORGET THE VITAL ORGANS, BLINDING THE BLINDED AS I BLIND BLIND PEOPLE IS ALL THAT MATTERS!"

-Urist McMason, enraged at having found a Gecko Man in his fortress.
Urist McMason likes Gecko Man Eyes.

Skorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 15, 2013, 02:10:44 pm »

Probably a vampire. You should keep this fort running until either a miner shows up or your civ runs out of migrants to send.
Vampires can survive wich their heads open and the rest of the body rotten?
"I'M NOT DONE WITH THE GORY PULP THAT IS YOUR EYES! I WILL ERASE THE VAGUE IMPRESSION THAT YOU WERE EVER ABLE TO SEE AT ALL! FORGET THE VITAL ORGANS, BLINDING THE BLINDED AS I BLIND BLIND PEOPLE IS ALL THAT MATTERS!"

Catsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 15, 2013, 02:30:42 pm »

rotting and swelling will not directly kill anyone, i doubt he is even a vampire unless he doesnt go hungry in a while. He will die from any hit in combat though if he is hit by any attack while completely rotten.

Skorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 15, 2013, 03:14:01 pm »

Quick question, can forgotten beasts appear in hell?

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 15, 2013, 03:18:17 pm »

Yes they can.
And your guy isn't a vampire, he has thoughts about food.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Skorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 15, 2013, 03:21:06 pm »

Yes they can.
And your guy isn't a vampire, he has thoughts about food.
I think that he ate blood from another dwarf who has a vampire(it says that his tongue is covered in blood from another dwarf) otherwise this has to be a bug

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 15, 2013, 04:07:26 pm »

Nah he isn't a vampire, he is just rotting. He isn't even bleeding out, it is just that all his soft tissues are seriously damaged.  In a normal fort this guy would die because surgeons would try to excise the tissue, but there are no surgeons at the Abyssal Outpost.

Also I love the screenshots! Soooooo much blood on the surface!
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Skorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 15, 2013, 05:02:53 pm »

Nah he isn't a vampire, he is just rotting. He isn't even bleeding out, it is just that all his soft tissues are seriously damaged.  In a normal fort this guy would die because surgeons would try to excise the tissue, but there are no surgeons at the Abyssal Outpost.

Also I love the screenshots! Soooooo much blood on the surface!
Actually he is bleeding
And the thoughts of food havent disappeared, actually all the thoughts are the same from when he was attacked so I think is a bug, besides this guy has blood from another dwarf... inside his skull
So the game says that his head is cut open and the rest of the body is rotten, heavily bleeding and covered in demonic extracts but the dwarf says that he has been fine lately so... no problem, right?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 05:10:46 pm by Skorp »

Raphite1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Beards and Brimstone
« Reply #99 on: April 15, 2013, 06:30:57 pm »

I just want to thank you for sharing this amazing story with us. This is one of the most Dwarf Fortress-y  adventures I have ever read.

Skorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 15, 2013, 06:52:07 pm »

I just want to thank you for sharing this amazing story with us. This is one of the most Dwarf Fortress-y  adventures I have ever read.
Really? I thought I was a noob failing in everything I tried :P Anyway, now that I have immortality grantet I guess I'll try to rebuild the fort... If my immigrants manage to reach the front doors ::) Thanks for the support, this is my first post so is very appreciated

Chagen46

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 15, 2013, 07:17:22 pm »

Oh, this looks like an interesting thread--

>tilesets

Ew.
Great! my fps improved significantly and now my sewer is full of corpses like it should be.

EBannion

• Bay Watcher
  • Visit my Blog, www.elleshaped.com
    • View Profile
    • ElleShaped
« Reply #102 on: April 15, 2013, 09:43:17 pm »

Oh, this looks like an interesting thread--

>tilesets

Ew.

Wow, that was abrasive. Let's try not to insult fellow players while in their thread, eh?
Torturing Dwarves to death since 2007

Big Bear

• Bay Watcher
  • Just Right
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 15, 2013, 10:36:15 pm »

Wow Skorp, you really had some !bad luck! with this fort! Things just went from bad to worse. Seems like you learned a lot the hard way, too.  ;)

Thanks for sharing this. This is one of the most interesting threads I have read in a long time. Sorry, but I couldn't stop laughing at your escalating problems.  :P

Keep us posted on how it all ends.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 16, 2013, 12:19:13 am »

This is the part where you save, load, unpause, and the guy collapses dead, isn't it?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9