Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Valley full of cyclops  (Read 12599 times)

Skorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Valley full of cyclops
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2013, 12:55:51 pm »

That may not work well. Some ghosts are murderous.
Oh, then I will start a slab industry
"I'M NOT DONE WITH THE GORY PULP THAT IS YOUR EYES! I WILL ERASE THE VAGUE IMPRESSION THAT YOU WERE EVER ABLE TO SEE AT ALL! FORGET THE VITAL ORGANS, BLINDING THE BLINDED AS I BLIND BLIND PEOPLE IS ALL THAT MATTERS!"

-Urist McMason, enraged at having found a Gecko Man in his fortress.
Urist McMason likes Gecko Man Eyes.

Skorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2013, 12:59:30 pm »

It took two miners(wich are valuable, since I'm not getting too many inmigrants) but I manage to open a direct passage between the demons and the cyclops
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Now I just have to wait and those one-eyed monsters and their children will be slaughtered!... I hope
"I'M NOT DONE WITH THE GORY PULP THAT IS YOUR EYES! I WILL ERASE THE VAGUE IMPRESSION THAT YOU WERE EVER ABLE TO SEE AT ALL! FORGET THE VITAL ORGANS, BLINDING THE BLINDED AS I BLIND BLIND PEOPLE IS ALL THAT MATTERS!"

Hurkyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2013, 01:04:36 pm »

And maybe you can snatch some more of that adamantine while they're busy. Or even seal them away in the overworld so you're free to mine to your heart's content!

EBannion

• Bay Watcher
  • Visit my Blog, www.elleshaped.com
    • View Profile
    • ElleShaped
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2013, 01:04:44 pm »

This is a beautiful thing.

I want to see those cyclopses limbs strewn across that valley!
Torturing Dwarves to death since 2007

Skorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2013, 01:08:30 pm »

Did anyone knew that demons destroy bridges? Because I didnt and now they are in my fortress and still sealed from the outside(there was one bridge with a lever to open the path but maybe they will destroy it) chances are that I wont live to see the epic battle :(

Skorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2013, 01:12:45 pm »

I have sealed my leader so I can at least enjoy the battle, does anyone know how to survive in a demon-cyclops infested fortress wich one female dwarf and a pick?

EDIT: Ok, I dont even have a pick, this is a new elected leader
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 01:15:38 pm by Skorp »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2013, 01:14:04 pm »

Demons can break bridges if they are on the inward side of the bridge.

Skorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2013, 01:16:24 pm »

Even if its raised?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2013, 01:28:30 pm »

Even if its raised?
Yes. However, building destroyers cannot destroy the bridge from the outward side (The one that is down when the bridge is lowered).

Skorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2013, 01:37:20 pm »

You want to know the funny thing? There is not a single demon outside, they are sealed in the fortress with my 4 remaining dwarves, so this is the situation
There is a pick between the !!!plump helmets!!! and the corpse of a dwarf but I dont know if I can make it, mainly because the demons are assholes and they are standing in those stairs and the food stockpiles

EDIT: Finally they are going upstairs leaving 4 dwarves and food for years,I already sealed myself from them so what should I do now?
EDIT: Now a forgotten beast has appeared in the caverns and its attacking the demons
EDIT: The forgotten beast is dead and I only have one dwarf left, a skilled potash maker
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 12:09:38 am by Skorp »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2013, 02:01:26 pm »

Well, this is far more entertaining than I had thought...

Looks like your best option is to use that pick you have to give your remaining dwarves the best possible chance to survive. Ensure that they have access to some farms and a legendary dining hall, and plenty of time to socialize so that they are all ecstatic and well-fed. Then, see if you can drop solid natural walls via cave-in over tunnels that give the demons access to various things, so that you can reclaim those things. You can also try dropping said walls right on their heads. That'll at least kill a couple of them.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2013, 02:07:22 pm »

You already dug down to the adamantine.

You must construct MAGMA LANDMINES

(Additionally, a magma-safe door, holding back a flood of magma, with water on the floor, should obsidianize anybody who tries to break down the door, instantly killing them.)
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Skorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2013, 02:16:54 pm »

You already dug down to the adamantine.

You must construct MAGMA LANDMINES

(Additionally, a magma-safe door, holding back a flood of magma, with water on the floor, should obsidianize anybody who tries to break down the door, instantly killing them.)
I'm more concerned about surviving that getting rid of the  demons/cyclops, but if I ever stabilize I will try to do something like that

Boozebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2013, 02:28:27 pm »

I would like some screenshots of these events, and the outcome of the demons v cyclops

Skorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2013, 02:44:29 pm »

I would like some screenshots of these events, and the outcome of the demons v cyclops
Ok, here are the demons, blocking the way out, the farm and the adamantine stockpiles
Here are my survivors, two levels bellow and some ghosts creeping around
The most retarded merchand ever appear next to the cyclops family/army I dont think I need to tell how is this going to end

Do you want any specific screenshot? I cant make the big fight demons vs cyclops because I'm trying to survive but any ideas would be appreciated

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9