Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: sleeping  (Read 467 times)

doomeddwarf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
sleeping
« on: February 23, 2008, 03:49:00 pm »

I finally get nice little individual bedrooms made for all my dwarves.  All dwarves have been assigned a bedroom and bed, but some of them still sleep anywhere they like  :( One dwarf is currently sleeping in my food stockpiles, because, apparently, he was two tired to walk the whole 10-20 tiles to his room.  How do I get them to stop sleeping all over the place and sleep in their rooms?

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
Re: sleeping
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 04:00:00 pm »

if their rooms are accessible they should go there to sleep, easier than assigning every room just build the furniture and designate the room area, once a dwarf without a room gets sleepy they will head to the nearest unassigned room and claim it the room will then be theres. to check if the dwarves have a room assigned to them use [v]-[p]-[z].
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 04:07:00 pm »

Are any of your dwarves hunters? That can be an issue.

doomeddwarf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 05:19:00 pm »

One of them is a hunter, and I see him near the fort maybe once a season; if he wants to sleep outside, more power to him.  Personally, I think he's sky-touched after spending so much time out under that horrible blue openness.  But the dwarf sleeping in the food stockpile was a craftsdwarf.

doomeddwarf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 02:18:00 am »

After about a season of game time, the problem fixed itself.  All dwarves except the hunter sleep in their beds now. I guess it just took them awhile to get used to the idea of sleeping in beds again.