Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I Looked in Legends...  (Read 427 times)

AlwayzL3git

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoot 'em up.
    • View Profile
I Looked in Legends...
« on: April 13, 2013, 12:05:01 am »

I ended my fortress due to me accidentally releasing clowns. I had 10 HIGHLY trained dwarves with only clothes and Adamantine Axes. They took out 14 goblins, unscathed. They died due to clowns, after defeating maybe 3 of them. I looked in legends at my best dwarf, 15+1 Dodging, Fighting and armor using.
His name was Minkot Glazermithnic The Flayed Respect of Lobsters.
Why does he have that title?
Oh, and while he was in a danger room, I looked at their stats and stumbled upon his kill list.
Seemed pretty important.
8 Notable Kills
347 Other Kills
I looked up his mother, who wasn't that important. I will now try to find his father.
EDIT: I looked up his father, Goden Onslaughtpicks, and he wasn't important. He was slain while confronting a Giant.
His mother was killed during a Gobo siege, I think. Well, a Gobo period.
I will continue to look at his ancestors, until somebody gives me a reason. I NEED TO KNOW WHY HE WAS SO IMPORTANT!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 12:07:27 am by AlwayzL3git »
The only difference between a human student and a dwarf is that dwarfs have the ability to create and destroy matter.
So will the dwarf with the broken spine recover and use a crutch?

AlwayzL3git

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoot 'em up.
    • View Profile
Re: I Looked in Legends...
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 12:19:45 am »

I found it!
His Great-Great-Great-Grandfather was the King of an extremely successful civilization.
He was then cursed by a Demi-God to turn into a large demon lizard every full moon.
He then proceeded to slaughter 987 humans/elves/gobos/kobold and ate them.
He ate 2,357 animals.
He was an enemy of every civilization.
He slaughtered 4 minotaurs and 17 megabeasts, changing the ages 3 times from myths to legends, back to myths etc.
He destroyed 4 forts by himself.
He destroyed 7 forests.
He destroyed 3 hamlets and 2 fortresses.
He passed on his curse through bite to 7 THOUSAND+ entities.
He wrote a book.
He became a person of worship 3 years before being struck down.
He was killed by Erush Claspwhirl while he was sleeping as a normal Dwarf.
He then proceeded to become a demon.
Erush then confronted a minotaur, and was slaughtered, ending his family tree.

I love this game.
All of this history ran into a dwarf who was IN MY FORTRESS and served under me in the military, using his Great-Great-Great Grandfather's fighting abilities 100's of years later.
Amazing.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 12:23:53 am by AlwayzL3git »
The only difference between a human student and a dwarf is that dwarfs have the ability to create and destroy matter.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 12:23:30 am »

Not to ruin !!HISTORY!! but the reason he has that title is because he has 8 notable kills. Dwarves will get titles after only a few notable kills, then get an upgrade in title length after they get quite a few more. What title they get is fully random and as such he happened to get a title about lobsters.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 02:45:34 am »

Random-generated history and interacting with historical badasses is probably the best part of the game.

AlwayzL3git

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoot 'em up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 03:02:56 am »

Not to ruin !!HISTORY!! but the reason he has that title is because he has 8 notable kills. Dwarves will get titles after only a few notable kills, then get an upgrade in title length after they get quite a few more. What title they get is fully random and as such he happened to get a title about lobsters.
Ah. Makes sense.
Still, super awesome history was discovered today.

zooeyglass

• Bay Watcher
  • Melbil that!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 03:19:19 am »

the title arrives after 5 notable kills. That means if you kill 5 unarmed goblins in a training pit, you start getting dwarves with mediocre skills but names like 'the brain-divulgence of lamps'.

It is a total pain in the butt, but you gotta do what you gotta do if you want that upright candy weapon.
Your suspicions are nothing more than superstition

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2013, 04:13:57 pm »

what was the minotaurs history?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0