Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Behold! Esernist! The chest of chest, it's chestrodinaire!  (Read 1038 times)

Remsly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Behold! Esernist! The chest of chest, it's chestrodinaire!
« on: April 12, 2013, 06:12:54 pm »

"This is a tetrahedrite coffer. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encicrcled with bands of cushion slate cabochons. This object menaces with spikes of slate.
On the item is an image of As Muckjudges the Savageries of Puke the minotaur and dwarves in tetrahedrite. As Muckjudges the Savageries of Puke is surrounded by the dwarves. The artwork relates to the rise of the minotaur As Muckjudges the Savageries of Puke as an enemy of The Axe of Banks in the late spring of 156 during The Rampage of the minotaur As Muckjudges the Savageries of Puke in Twinklingpaged."

Well, that minotaur does like his titles! Anyway this is the first artifact for my fortress Helmsfire!  :D
Now I'm wondering what I should do with it... place it in some greedy noble's room? Or perhaps place it in my Dining Room...

What is your say on this?

StruckDown

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Behold! Esernist! The chest of chest, it's chestrodinaire!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 06:21:25 pm »

Retrieve it in adventure mode(along with a set of adamantine armor) and fill it with the heads of your enemies.

Remsly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 06:23:13 pm »

That would be pretty awesome to do! But I personally suck at adventuring really. Anyway I forgot to tell this was built by a possessed dwarf so sadly I didn't get a Legendary mason :(

StruckDown

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 06:31:44 pm »

Everyone sucks at adventure mode. You can be a god and get killed by a camel. The key is training before you do any adventuring. You're basically harmless until you can lay down in a field being attacked by 10 dingos for several hours without sustaining any injuries.

StruckDown

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 06:33:50 pm »

Also, 1 point in reading. You're wasting your time if you don't become a necromancer.

Remsly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 07:21:25 pm »

Also, 1 point in reading. You're wasting your time if you don't become a necromancer.

Now why should I become a necromancer? Perhaps I'm too new to get this joke? :p

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 07:28:19 pm »

Not really a joke (well, it might be, this is Bay 12), but Necromancers don't eat, drink, or sleep and can raise any corpse or bodypart to fight for them. They also have an ongoing bug where they don't stop attribute growth when they really should, making them a bit overpowered.

StruckDown

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 07:29:13 pm »

You become semi-immortal, you never need to eat, sleep, or drink again, and you can raise the dead to fight for you. To name a few benefits.

StruckDown

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2013, 07:30:48 pm »

Not really a joke (well, it might be, this is Bay 12), but Necromancers don't eat, drink, or sleep and can raise any corpse or bodypart to fight for them. They also have an ongoing bug where they don't stop attribute growth when they really should, making them a bit overpowered.

I've also run into a bug where my speed drops horribly after a few weeks of being a necromancer or vampire.

Remsly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2013, 08:35:27 pm »

Aah, as a response to the way you train as adventurer! I'm slow today...

itg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2013, 12:31:37 am »

I always like to save a piece or two of artifact furniture to use as bait for FBs and the like. FBs will seek out furniture and try to destroy it, but artifacts are indestructible, so they'll just sit there indefinitely bashing their heads against it. You can surround the artifact with bridges to trap the FB, set up fortifications and shoot it to death, or set up a cave in to kill those invincible beasts.