poll
- 0 (0%)
A
- 0 (0%)
B
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 83

Author Topic: You're an Urban Vigilante Cyborg. Heading down below.  (Read 108108 times)

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile

I'd say it's better to be safe than sorry in this case.  But maybe we should ask Funk what the anti-armour capabilities of the flechettes are.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes i tried using GURPS to stat up your tank, yes it does take that long.
Flechettes are good vs soft body armor but are not good it you try to fight a tank with them.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 02:43:30 pm by Funk »
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Name it Tanky One, paint the name in massive letters on the sides, front and top, and find some place we can use it with great effect, Like a gang base.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I believe the term is "Fuck ya!"
Red letters on a black background, anyone?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fuck yes. Or else black on red.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile

In that case definitely swap out one flechette cannon for an anti-armour piece.  We'd also have to ax a missile to afford it, I believe.
And 15mm isn't that much.  Is that the actual thickness or steel equivalent?  Because either way, that's more of an apc and less a tank level of armour.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It is titanium...
Highly Opinionated Fool

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile

And 15mm is still really thin.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Its over an inch, and thats better than the average APC. And the average frigate for that matter.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile

Thing is, this is supposed to be a tank, not an APC, nor are we fighting on the open ocean, where different factors would come into play.  An actual tank has something like 200 to 300mm armour plating, and from what I understand is that against different types of munitions this can confer protection equivalent to 600-1500mm of RHA.  So really, to know how well the armour will perform, we need something in terms of that, so we can understand its actual protective capabilities when compared to otehr armoured vehicles.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Working quickly you set about building the tank, splitting up the work, with you and Nicolette building the body as Claudia constructs the weapons.
After mounting the first Titanium armor plates along the front, you winch down the vast Obliterateizer Cannon, it stubby barrel sticking out of the shallow domed turret.

-------Elsewhere at the same time------
Some where, in a stark and spartan cell sits a elderly woman.
"So Professor Kurosawa just what is project X?" booms a voice from unseen speakers. 

"Project X was your continuation of project Übermensch, you wanted a cadre of Genetically enhanced for WWIII, that is why you hired me and Dr. Freudenberger, in 1945." she responds.

"-Click-You achieved the forced growth of two genetically enhanced embros, 1262 and 1267 in 1989, is that correct?" asks the voice

"They have names dam it, but yes Sabine and Carla were born in 1989, two week before we where closed down." answers the woman

"-Click-You spent the next decade working on Retroviridae virus, and raising what it says here is your daughter, one Carla Schmitz, a bit odd you having a baby at the age of 64 dont you think?
But then it is all here school records, medical history, you even got the birth record's faked.
You where ordered to destroy all records of your work but Thats not why you are here..."
---------------------------
"So what do you think? asks Shinju as she twirls round in her
Spoiler: new dress (click to show/hide)
"Well it's a "change" " is Nicolette first comment
"What did you think i was going to wear a sērā fuku (Sailor outfit)?" Shinju responds.
You try to think up something to say but can stop giggling at the idea of Shinju in a Sailor outfit.

--------Days later--------------
With a finale twist you tighten the last bolt holding down the radar unit for the ballistic protection unit.

Stepping back you admire your black and red paint job and wounder what to do with Tanky One.

-------------

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory(Jackie Hall) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nicolette Briscoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character, Claudia (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory Claudia (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: You Tank (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 05:33:49 pm by Funk »
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile

I say we find the meanest gang in town and fuck them right up.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bump post, get posted any way.

----------At the car park of Daves Autos------
Lt Carla Schmitz formally of the 1st Genetic Strike battalion, was board, forensic investigation is dull by it nature, and now she had to listen to there dull report...

"What do you mean the same energy readings as before?" asks Lt Schmitz her eyes fixed on the pale bareheaded man.

"Yes these energy readings are the same as the one from laboratory theta, there just a little stronger here." the technician answers hes eyes never straying from the screen on his scanner.

"How strong? enough for you to follow the reading? " comes Lt Schmitz bunt response.

"Tracking the emitter, no not here and not now, closer to the release time or after a burst of energy  then maybe over a short distance, say 200meters or so" states the bareheaded technician as he passes a small print out to Lt Schmitz.

---------------------

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I say we find the meanest gang in town and fuck them right up.
That sounds like an excellent idea, old chap.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bring the tank.

In fact, lets move to a new town.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 83