Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Playstyle: Professor L  (Read 2067 times)

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
Playstyle: Professor L
« on: April 11, 2013, 12:28:30 pm »

This playstyle requires some save editting, but it is cool once you get it started.

First, start a Liberal following the intelligence path during the questions. Then, edit the savefile so that he is paralyzed from the waist down. (Note: do this with NPP, or it will mess something up, I don't know what.

Restriction: You are only allowed to have Mutant liberals, besides your leader.
Restriction:You must only stay in the University Apartments or the Crackhouse.
Restriction: Only use martial arts or some melee weapons, i.e., Gambit's crowbar-thing.
Focus: Focus primarily on fighting the genetic laboratories and the nuclear power plant.

Any other suggestions?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 12:34:34 pm by tahujdt »
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
Re: Playstyle: Professor L
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 11:16:56 pm »

Name your mutants accordingly

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 02:09:25 am »

I was thinking of something similar after watching Grimith work so hard to get powerful mutants. I like it.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 05:52:28 am »

Sure, but you have to use melee weapons, and even if you don't have to fight there all the time, its still going to be hard since armour is hard to beat with melee. Meaning for a while you'll probably have to gang bang one police officer with six mutants, which will only make them more likely to raid you. Plus, if you choose the apartment you won't be able to use traps or cameras, meaning you'll be at a disadvantage with every raid, and the crack house, even when upgraded, doesn't have all the much secrecy.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

nephilimnexus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 09:09:27 pm »

Playstyle: Anonymous.  The only Activism you're allowed is Hacking, writing to newspapers and writing for your own newspaper.  Equip all your members with Guy Fawkes masks and never take any violent action: No killing & no kidnapping.  Emphasis on maximizing sleeper agents and making sure that you never go even one month without revealing someone's dirty secrets to the press.

Playstyle: You Will Be Assimilated.  Recruit every single new agent, active or sleeper, through kidnapping and conversion to your cause.  Make sure all of your code names are just numbers.  Resistance is futile.  Also, never run from a siege.

Playstyle: Share the Love, Baby!.  Recruit every single new agent using only Seduction.  Have you love-slaves go out and vamp more recruits to your cause, and so on, until you've spread your ideals (and possible STDs) to every person in the world.  Also, as with Anonymous, you have to remain non-violent at all times.

Playstyle: Revolving Door of Justice.  Whenever arrested for any crime your agent must always surrender without a fight and then beat their trial with you amazing legal powers.  No jailbreaks and no guilty verdicts allowed. 

Achievement: Agent 47.  Kill the CEO at the CEO Castle using only one agent, in disguise, undetected until the fight starts and using only a .45 automatic.  Escape alive.

Achievement: Type 2902 Therm-Optic Camouflage.  Using only Stealth & Disguise, enter a building, steal a "$" of incriminating evidence and exit without raising so much as a Conservatives Suspicious alert.

Achievement: Don't Raze Me, Bro!.  Fight off a police siege with zero fatal casualties.

Achievement: That all you got?.  Fight off a SWAT siege with zero fatal casualties.

Achievement: You and what army?.  Fight off an Army siege with zero fatal casualties.

Achievement: Don Draper.  Have one agent with ten love slaves all working as sleeper agents.

Achievement: John Connor.  Destroy a tank in battle.

Achievement: Bond, James Bond.  Recruit an enemy Agent from the Intelligence HQ using only Seduction.

Achievement: Hypocrite Award.  Rescue five Child Laborers, give them all Guitars and put them all to work Selling Music.

Achievement: Braveheart.  Have sleeper agents win the game for you even after your original leader is arrested and executed.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 09:19:33 pm by nephilimnexus »

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 09:16:48 am »

Achievement: Hypocrite Award.  Rescue five Child Laborers, give them all Guitars and put them all to work Selling Music.

But music can actually be fun. It's even more hypocritical if you put them to work making clothes (and making clothes is actually a very good moneymaker if you have some decent tailors).
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2013, 09:58:54 am »

I usually use six kids, but this is still the best money maker. Music is better than tailoring because a) you don't need to sell it at the pawn shop, and b) it is based on a skill that kids have in spades (heart).
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2013, 11:10:50 am »

Huh.  I thought SWAT was the low-level Government siege.  (Thought it went SWAT>National Guard>Navy SEALs w/armor & air support.)  There's a conventional Police Officer siege??

I think I've done the Thermoptic Camo challenge.  With Stealth/Disguise 9-10 it seems a luck-based challenge in getting the evidence early enough to get out in time: Conservatives Suspicious is based on a timer (IIRC it starts as soon as you enter the restricted area).

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2013, 11:13:47 am »

We should make a real challenge thread and award points and stuff.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2013, 11:16:27 am »

Challenge threads would be great, sorta like DF

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2013, 11:38:52 am »

Dwarf Fortress Challenge: You are only allowed to use axes and wear mithril mail. No sneaking. Always fight to the death. All members must be code named "Urist".

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2013, 12:25:46 pm »

Achievement: Guess Im not to old for this shit. Have an Army Veteran wearing Army Bodyarmour, an M16 and 1000 juice.
Achievement: Liberal Used Car expo. Have a stolen car of each type.
Achievement: JUGGERNAUT! Have a liberal wearing Heavy Bodyarmour, an M249 and 1000 juice.
Achievement: The tale of a dead man. Kill someone on a square with a publishable document and then pick it up.

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2013, 12:44:35 pm »

Where do I get axes

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2013, 12:49:17 pm »

Department Store, under hardware.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2013, 12:50:10 pm »

Where do I get axes
From the Fire Station after Free Speech becomes C, or you can buy it from the department store/pawn shop.

Pages: [1] 2