Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 53

Author Topic: Dark Souls 2 - PC Controls are the final boss. HERE THERE BE SPOILERS.  (Read 90620 times)

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls 2 - PC Controls are the final boss. HERE THERE BE SPOILERS.
« Reply #705 on: June 07, 2014, 05:58:58 pm »

Same as my username.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: June 07, 2014, 06:05:00 pm »

EDIT: Nvm, that stuff is best left for Steam chat.

I'm considering getting a save editor, tallying up the values of my soul levels and equipment, then adjusting my SM to closer fit that. It's fairly bloated from expensive deaths in certain locations, especially Iron Keep.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 06:38:06 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: June 07, 2014, 09:35:19 pm »

EDIT: Nvm, that stuff is best left for Steam chat.

I'm considering getting a save editor, tallying up the values of my soul levels and equipment, then adjusting my SM to closer fit that. It's fairly bloated from expensive deaths in certain locations, especially Iron Keep.

So is almost everybody else's.  Don't be a cheaty bastard.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: June 07, 2014, 10:58:42 pm »

Shit.

Spoiler: DLC promo picture (click to show/hide)

I just know the design meeting had to go something like this:

"So, what enemy did people hate most from the base game?"

"Well, those spitting statues probably"

"And what would you say was their main weakness?"

"That they couldn't move and only faced in one direction, and got broken in 1 hit from anything."

"You know what you must do."

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: June 08, 2014, 07:50:54 am »

Agreed. Don't be a cheaty bitch.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

ShadowBroker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: June 08, 2014, 09:18:38 am »

there are people out there with save editors giving themselves tons of souls and intentionally losing invasions to artificially inflate peoples soul memory and kicking their memory so high they cant really match with -anyone- except blatant cheaters. its a possible workaround so that one can still co-op and have fun to keep it low and dont see the problem with keeping your memory at a stable level
Aside from that, being rational is not only optional, but is frowned upon.  We hate elves.  We kill for socks.  We sacrifice nobles.  We love kobolds.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: June 08, 2014, 05:29:01 pm »

there are people out there with save editors giving themselves tons of souls and intentionally losing invasions to artificially inflate peoples soul memory and kicking their memory so high they cant really match with -anyone- except blatant cheaters. its a possible workaround so that one can still co-op and have fun to keep it low and dont see the problem with keeping your memory at a stable level

I can't imagine there are that many people doing that - I could be wrong, but that seems kinda pointless even for those weird people that get a kick out of ruining things for people. I mean, they don't get to see the outcome of their efforts which is normally what motivates people like this. Even if there are a few people doing this, you're pretty statistically unlikely to run into them given how popular the game is.

I still think it's pretty bad to use a save editor just because you've had a few too many deaths - it defeats the point of multiplayer and potentially ruins the fun for other people who are legitimately at a lower level.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: June 08, 2014, 05:37:21 pm »

It's more of a co-op thing, really. Co-op is one of my favorite aspects of this game, but I keep getting summoned by people in NG+ or even NG+2, and being nearly useless to them.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: June 08, 2014, 10:30:00 pm »

The only reason I'd use a save editor would be if someone glitched me a bunch of souls, and I run a save backup script just to prevent that. Everyone dies and loses lots of souls; there's no reason to cheat to fix a nonexistent problem.

ShadowBroker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: June 09, 2014, 02:29:04 pm »

I can't imagine there are that many people doing that - I could be wrong, but that seems kinda pointless even for those weird people that get a kick out of ruining things for people. I mean, they don't get to see the outcome of their efforts which is normally what motivates people like this. Even if there are a few people doing this, you're pretty statistically unlikely to run into them given how popular the game is.

I still think it's pretty bad to use a save editor just because you've had a few too many deaths - it defeats the point of multiplayer and potentially ruins the fun for other people who are legitimately at a lower level.

well if you're like me you can just run a new playthrough. i have under half the deaths of my first playthrough and almost no wasted souls. but thats hours and hours of work either way. idk. at the end of the day people will take all the shortcuts they can to play with their friends, even if it ruins the "spirit" of the game
Aside from that, being rational is not only optional, but is frowned upon.  We hate elves.  We kill for socks.  We sacrifice nobles.  We love kobolds.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: June 15, 2014, 02:21:26 pm »

Sure, but that isn't what was being proposed.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: June 15, 2014, 03:00:24 pm »

there are people out there with save editors giving themselves tons of souls and intentionally losing invasions to artificially inflate peoples soul memory and kicking their memory so high they cant really match with -anyone- except blatant cheaters.

There's plenty of people in the top SM matchmaking tier who got there 100% legit.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: June 22, 2014, 10:03:31 am »

Hey, I can not see items or souls, and I don't have an nvidia (saw answers for those owning nvida cards), I am running integrated graphics (I know its bad), but I cranked the settings down and it runs fine, but having the pop ups would be excellent, any advice
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #718 on: June 27, 2014, 05:56:19 pm »

Posting to watch.

Wonder if I've summoned/been summoned by/killed/been killed by any of y'all.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 06:04:46 pm by The Darkling Wolf »
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: June 27, 2014, 07:22:59 pm »

Regarding inflating SM, I've heard one workaround is to just backup a save and copy it back over your old one every now and then.  I think DamnNoHtml on youtube (aka Jund) said that that's what most people do - though, it was in the context of what to do about cracked red eye orbs, IIRC.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 53